[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mfw I have two options. Take my anxiety medication that leaves
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1452285989498.jpg (85 KB, 804x802) Image search: [Google]
1452285989498.jpg
85 KB, 804x802
Mfw I have two options.

Take my anxiety medication that leaves me lethargic and considering suicide.

Have panic attacks that prevent me from functioning in daily life.

I just... I mean..

Does soma actually exist? Or was that made up for the book?

Also I can't drink or smoke when I take my medicine...
>>
>>29164819
Jesus, talk to your doctor about different meds. Obviously the one you're on doesn't work.
>>
File: 1447786867625.gif (818 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1447786867625.gif
818 KB, 500x281
>>29164999
Well, it stops that panic attacks...

Which is what it's prescribed for...

That seems to be their concern. For reasons I can't talk about feeling as depressed as I am.

I slipped up on that once and got forced in a psych ward against my will.

Won't fuck that up again.

If the medical community wants people to ask for help with the problems, they need to stop dehumanizing everyone that does.

Maybe it's just natural selection at work. Weak specimens removing themselves.

But I digress. I'm a grown ass man talking like a middle schooler.
>>
I was supposed to be prescribed prozac or something. Never took psychiatrist up on it. Drink enough caffeine to feel apprehensive like everybody's out to get me. Puts me in adrenaline survival mode. I love it.
>>
>>29165065
I also got put in the bin against will. Was threatened with county jail or hospital though. Lots of robots, some normies, a decent amount of actual retards.
>>
>>29165065
Do doctors really do this? I feel like if you tell them that you are going to kill someone or yourself they will. Just have them put you on some MDD meds, that helps with lethargy. I recommend Abilify
>>
while off the meds write your doctor a letter detailing your problems with the medication (and why you wrote a letter instead of going to him yourself) and find a way to get it to him.

this is all assuming you cant go to your doctor when not on meds due to the anxiety

also be careful with wording, make it clear that you only have suicidal thoughts when on the meds and never any time else (even if it isn't true)
>>
>>29165142
Or just call, this isn't the 18th century anon
>>
>>29165157
Well it's the VA, so getting in touch with my doctor can take a month or so...
>>
>>29164819
I was in a similar situation in the past

Decided to not take anxiety medication because it made me feel terrible. realized that I would have to get through the panic attacks by a combination of distraction and brute force. it hasn't been easy but I'm not fucked up over personality changing medication.
>>
>>29165172
Not trying to be rude, but who said anything about the veterans association? Whenever I need medical help I just call my doctor.
>>
>>29165205
I don't have insurance.

That is to say, my legal requirement for insurance is met by the VA. Maybe find a different doctor, but that sounds expensive
>>
>6 years livining with anxiety
>Couldnt eat nor sleep for 7 days straight because of huge panic attack which lasted whole time
>didnt have any meds
>started controling emotions
>no panic attack for 3 years
>feelsgood.mp4
>>
This is wat weed is prescibed for
>>
>>29165506
Man, I wish. I don't k ow if I can get it though. My prescriber ia in new York, but I live in new Jersey... might complicate the legal matter...

I mean. I have weed. I can get weed. I can smoke it while im taking my meds, but I have it..
>>
Low dose opiates are great for anxiety and brightening your mood, and contrary to what most people imagine they actually give you energy and allow you to get through the day effortlessly.

What anxiety meds are you currently on and at what dosage? Benzos shouldn't really leave you too lethargic, its possible you're on way too high of a dose.
>>
>>29164819
Fucker you stole my image
Give it back
>>
>>29166722
I have mirtazapine (sp?) I take daily, and benzos for if I feel an attack coming on.

The daily meds leave me lethargic and hungry...

I hate the benzos. I hate them juat slightly less than a panic attack.

I normlly have a shit ton of different thoughts in my head to drown out the constant nagging of insecurities. Benzos kill moat of the ideas and usually leave me focused on "hey.. hey Anon... why are you such a piece of human garbage? The fuck is wrong with you".

But hey, the panic attack comes with a sense of impending doom, so...

There ya go...
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.