[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does this video game mean to you?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
What does this video game mean to you?
>>
being poor and only ever being able to rent it from the video store, and playing some other poorfags save file
>>
Somehow having every puzzle memorized and there being no challenge whatsoever does not diminish the fun factor. The game is just a great adventure. Beating it 20+ times only affects my speed when I'm blitzing through it.
>>
Whenever I look at Zelda tittles I can't help but imagine neckbeard reddit fedora bernie sander supporters/liberal scum living in their parents basement.
>>
File: 1423557376299.png (292 KB, 500x497) Image search: [Google]
1423557376299.png
292 KB, 500x497
watching my brother play it while thinking:

"I wish we could play goldeneye instead of this gay shit"
>>
>>29163287
it was when the transformation of all that games I loved as a child from 2D to 3D became "really" real. Mario 64 was amazing to me at the time, but a part of me believed that it was just a one-off stylistic change and that it wouldn't catch on in all of the other series and we'd go back to seeing platforming mario and metroid and megaman and grid-world zelda.... when this shit happened, I had a really amazing sense of "oh, wow, times are changing."
>>
>>29163368
>"I wish we could play goldeneye instead of this gay shit"
You're gay senpai. Goldeneye was good but don't hate on LoZ: OoT.

It's my childhood with Majora's Mask, Sarge's Heroes, Banjo Kazooie/Tooie, and the Super Mario games.
>>
>>29163287
Overrated shit for autistic gay brony virgins the PlayStation was way better
>>
UltraHLE. Amazing for its time. I played that game through on my PC.
>>
The good old times

Something fantastic, a moment when nothing care except having a good time.

The begining of something magic.....
>>
>>29163398

I'm not hating it on it, it just wasn't my thing as a kid, i liked FPS.
>>
Link is a European trying to save his homeland from the Muslim invaders, the symbol on the blocks an the mirror sheild are that of Islam as well, a star and a crescent moon.
Ganon takes the power and the land and Link has to save it and the girl, destroying degeneracy and restoring order.
It's a meaningful game that relates to real life and its struggles, for me, that game is not over yet....
>>
>>29163287
Played it as a kid, grow up and mobe out of country. Feeling alone. Download emulator and rom. Haven't played it in years so a lot of it is "new". Fucking love this shit.

Also, LoZ: TP is on par with this game
>>
File: 1415773436213.jpg (29 KB, 648x648) Image search: [Google]
1415773436213.jpg
29 KB, 648x648
That I never could focus long enough to beat the Water Temple. That I'm kinda retarded that way. That I was so autistic that I just kept speedrunning from new game to water temple and then restarting.
>>
In terms of video games pretty much my favourite game ever. One of the few moments of joy in my childhood.
>>
File: 1447920841843.jpg (651 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1447920841843.jpg
651 KB, 1920x1080
>>29163287
A game i had alot of fun with as a kid and i play through sometimes.
>>
>>29163627
I don't like that temple. It's too repetitive
>>
>>29163591
>Gannondorf is a rapefugee kidnapping white women
>muslims wont eat pigs
>Once Gannondorf achieves max rapefugee status he transforms into a pig
>Muslims are actually dirty pigs invading other Countries

Thats it, im going to /pol/ now. Trump 2016
>>
I think.. wtf am i meant to do with spinning clay vase, how the fuck to i get a horse etc..
>>
>>29163672
It's just the world we live in.
Challenges constantly thrown our way, the weight of the entire world on our shoulders....it's just nice to finally find a few people who have my back for once. Seems like every one out there wants to destroy blond people because of WW2.
>>
Haven't played it.
>>
>>29163287
Holy shit just finished beating the shadow temple on the 3ds remake
This game is awesome
Even at 21 I still enjoy replaying it from time to time
>>
>>29163627
If you thought the Water Temple in OoT was hard you should've seen the Water Temple in Majora's Mask. That shit was confusing as hell. At least I was able to complete the water temple in OoT without a guide. I needed one for MM
>>
>>29163745
That's the confusing thing. I beat the one in MM. I didn't have the patience for all the trial and error in the OoT temple.
>>
>>29163287
I would watch playthroughs of it with a (quite literally) autistic kid. We were friends so I was allowed out of class to sit with him and talk.
Never played it before.
>>
>>29163287
Enjoyed it as a child, enjoyed it again as an adult on 3DS.
>>
>>29163287
It was OK, hella hard to figure out after learning to play 3d games with Mario 64 tjo
>>
>>29163729
Bong bongo can suck a nigga dick, no foreplay.
>>
File: link.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
link.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
The absolute greatest adventure of my life; without exaggeration a game on which my mental stability itself had come to rely.

The music was absolutely incredible for its time, and provides good listening today (even disregarding the nostalgia factor)

The plot used a great deal of characterization in order to really demonstrate that your fight was one against all odds, making it all the more exciting to move forward in any way.

The arsenal of weapons and items was diverse, and something I had never seen in such a good-looking game. Not to mention you had the cool element of having items that were totally optional in bringing to the endgame, incentivizing exploration.

You could get involved in sidequests without getting lost, which was great.

All and all, I think the greatest thing was the atmosphere that Nintendo created with all of these factors. The comfy, the nostalgic, the scary, the uncomfortable....

It's been 18 years and I STILL play it almost every day, I have a near encyclopedic knowledge of it and it's easily my proudest achievement.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.