[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We all like to think that we like being alone and doing our own
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: 94060943096436.jpg (33 KB, 307x461) Image search: [Google]
94060943096436.jpg
33 KB, 307x461
We all like to think that we like being alone and doing our own thing, and for the most part that is true, we feel uncomfortable around others. What do you think the consequences are for this?

I am 28 and I've slowly drifted away, can't really relate to anybody, I don't have anything to say to anyone, I just exist. This isn't supposed to be how life is and I am not just saying that as a western white male, there's not a single society in the world that lives the way we do.
>>
Better alone than stuck with idiots.
>>
I'm 31 and feeling this as well. I posit that it is an unforeseen side effect of the information age. As computers and tech become more sophisticated, basic needs more easily met but far less so are the social needs, a sense of community has been replaced by the anonymous stranger or Facebook Friends in place of something more substantial. All manner of goods and services readily available to order on the Internet, so there's no reason to go out or actually talk to people anymore.
>>
>>29163157
Pretty comfy desu
Comfy bl0xxx
>>
File: 987.gif (289 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
987.gif
289 KB, 500x280
I've been alone my entire life, you sound like a 12 year who's friends left for vacations during the summer.

You'll get to see them again in 7th grade jimmy.
>>
>>29163192
It's comfy while you're doing it
Then you have those occasions where you think "God what have I been doing for the last 10 years" and can hardly remember then want to blow your brains out. Maybe that's just me.
>>
>>29163290
A little too comfy maybe. We have a civilization with technology that gave rise to easier communication, and yet almost paradoxically it is one of people who are more isolated than ever. If I had to speculate on how this happened, I think it comes from a false sense of security, in being a little too content with this poor man's social life so to speak, and losing sight of what it actually means to be a part of something.
>>
Well, I'm not totally alone, but I dislike most of my friends and after years of fruitless hanging out, I really don't see any point in it anymore.

I can't really relate to them in any way, and I belive they don't even like me that much, because they never invite me anywhere.

It's like, if you can't find people that are almost exactly similar to you, you are not going to short term or long term satisfaction from those relationships.

I'm also one of those people that bullying me has always seemed justified somehow. Like when a group of assholes first try their everything to get me mad, and when I finally do get mad, then the teachers join in and make it seem like I'm at a fault there. Then they proceed to laugh at me untill I'm at the verge of tears, and at that point they tell me that I should not be that serious and go on with their days while smirking at me constantly.

I want to kill myself, because I belive there is something inherintly wrong with me and fixing it would mean giving up all of my principles.

Then once in a hundred years I run into someobe who thinks that I'm like a saint or the smartest person they have ever met. Like, I'm so peculiar, I don't even remind then of a normal person. I have had 6 different people tell me this. That is the only thing that keeps me going.
>>
The world is a prison
>>
>>29163290

it's not just you

i wish i'd known what i was gliding so gently towards before now.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.