[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I really want to film a documentary about what it's like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 10
File: 1441679658405.jpg (8 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1441679658405.jpg
8 KB, 320x320
I really want to film a documentary about what it's like to be homeless.

I've been planning it lately. I started the framework for a kickstarter campaign, I approximated costs, and decided the direction of the documentary.

We'd get new shoes at the beginning of the filming. We'd get a feel for them, lace them up, head out. As we meet homeless people that we think are worth interviewing, and we learn their stories, we ask them about their shoes. Where they've traveled in them. How long have they had them. Then we go buy them a fresh pair of Nike kicks, the less fitting the better (not literally, I'm talking about an elderly white woman with air force ones). When we reach our destination, we look at our once new shoes, and reflect on where they've taken us and how hard it was.

Would you be willing to travel across the country as a vagabond, recording the adventure and opening your eyes to a new lifestyle?

I need a bored down for anything madman neet to be a cameraman.
>>
If I wasn't a NEET, I'd say yes.

Also you'd want a cameraman who'd know what they're doing. Amateur level film won't impress anyone.
>>
>>29161818
sure, i live in new zealand
>>
>>29161818
this sounds fuckin coolio bro, take some inspo from this old vice series about homeless and traveling the country n shit : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QO3-AAVTeDA
>>
>>29161862
Filming experience is required. I'd need the cameraman to familiarize himself with photograph on the months leading up to this. I would hope to buy a 4K camera.
>>
>>29161818
No that sounds stupid as fuck and i was homeless nearly half my life. You can fuck off. if you made me a part of your documentary id beat the fucking shit out you
>>
File: IMG_20160608_231517.jpg (135 KB, 606x606) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160608_231517.jpg
135 KB, 606x606
>>29161892
Well you wouldn't be receiving any free AF1s.

btw, I'm packing heat faggot

>>29161871
USA here. Film experience?
>>
>>29161920
was just about to post that you should carry a glock or something. i would recommend you get active on twitter and hand out biznizz cards to shill this. hype train for the trainhoppin

good luck, will burchase.
>>
>giving hobos expensive shoes so they are more likely to get jumped and fucked with over them.
Sounds like a plan!
>>
Sounds interesting. I can't help because I live really fucking far away, plus no experience in filming.

Make sure to subtly mention us if you make it
>>
>>29161920
uhh i made a few short films for media studies in high school, that's it
>>
>>29162048
That's gold. Good. Are you actually interested?

>in shape?
>editing skills?
>height
>legal entry to USA?
>willing to sleep on the ground like a mutt in worst case scenario?
>>
your schizophrenic delusions of homelessness will eventually end in the real thing if left unaddressed.

try to understand that it's a maladaptive daydream and will never work in reality.
>>
File: IMG_20160605_153353.jpg (193 KB, 728x728) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160605_153353.jpg
193 KB, 728x728
>>29162085
>other partners keep the house running
>return to the house in one month
>work with my team to edit and publish it
>back to work

What am I missing? I realize it is very dangerous and stupid but there is no reward without risk. I was always told to produce content I'd want to watch, and adventures and hitchhiking fascinates me.

To be fair, this is more about hitchhiking and backpacking than homelessness, though the people we meet will surely be homeless.
>>
>>29162082
do i have to pay for plane ticket to us
>>
File: IMG_20160605_110041.jpg (86 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160605_110041.jpg
86 KB, 500x500
>>29162126
Depends on if Kickstarter is an option. I do not have the money, and if it weren't for donations I'd have to wageslave for a long time to afford it.

Worst case scenario, yes.
>>
another gentle bump

4 u
>>
>>29162125
framing it as a documentary would doom you to failure. nobody cares about the homeless. if anyone cared, they wouldn't be homeless. artistic well written oscar bait would be another story but you'd be lucky to hit 50k views on a free youtube doc about actual homeless unless you framed it with some hard core click bait bull shit.
>>
>>29162258
I'll consider this actually. It could be a lot more unique if the view is tilted a bit.
>>
>>29161818
yo i'm down
>>
>>29162313
This guy here has good taste, I like his work. Good eye for artsy shit.

Post your state.
>>
>>29162339
yeah it's going to be hard since i live in new zealand, show me the finished product anyways
>>
>>29162291
it needs more than a tilt. homeless are reviled anti-heroes. you need zach galafinakis with clever black comedy about sleeping in graveyards, and a beautiful romantic interest to save him from committing suicide on the golden gate bridge. i know, i've been where you are myself.
>>
File: IMG_20160419_205316.jpg (231 KB, 858x858) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160419_205316.jpg
231 KB, 858x858
>>29162371
Alright. Turn the shit upside down.

Art house plus drug induced coma, waking up in a shelter only to run out and ignore their help. Camping out in a graveyard and stealing from Street vendors. Assembling a beatboxing quartet out of hobos, trippy music and risky trainhops, make it look like we are being careless.

Shocking, weird, unable to explain. But how could this be crowdfunded, and how will this ever escape the 4channer MDE realm?
>>
>>29162442
are you planning to use kickstarter? do patreon as well if this is a success. thats the dream imo
>>
>>29162339
im in ohio

original comments
>>
File: IMG_20160324_002051.jpg (182 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160324_002051.jpg
182 KB, 800x800
>>29162510
see questions I typed here >>29162082

As well as:
>Do you have any photography skills? Willing to learn?
>Are you a NEET?
>Could you take off for 1-2 months?
>>
> As we meet homeless people that we think are worth interviewing, and we learn their stories, we ask them about their shoes. Where they've traveled in them. How long have they had them.
Your whole little stint goes to shit when you realize that thrift stores that sell used shoes for less than $3.00 exist.
>>
>>29161818
You had a cool idea the. Went south with the dumbass shoe buying thing. I say do something similar to a Morgan Spurlock type deal. Leave your town with only the clothes on your back and a set amount of money by not too much maybe like $100 for each person maybe even less. Travel to a big city set up interviews with various homeless shelters and candidly interview other homeless people. Shoot the whole fucking thing. Then after about a month or two head back home and reflect maybe finish up some other interviews you need to be professional for like city officials on homeless and what their overall plans are/lack of plans are etc etc.
>>
>>29162442
i mean you can easily take advantage with a 'virtue signalling' angle like so many youtubers have in their 'pranking the homeless with a pizza in the hood gone sexual pranks' pranks if you're a shit. the pity party exploit is your only realistic option as far as successful theme goes. it also sort of legitimizes your position as a professional not-homeless person as you're ostensibly only participating as 'a social experiment' and ultimately you are above them.
>>
interesting premise but I don't think the homeless are a particularly interesting subject. most of the truly homeless are just drug addicts or crazy. I like the idea of making a real life road movie like that though I'd want mine to look less documentary but more in the style of linklater or kelly reichart
>>
File: IMG_20160412_143836.jpg (60 KB, 549x495) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160412_143836.jpg
60 KB, 549x495
>>29162610
If I meet drug addicts I want to shame them. I want to tell them where they went wrong. I don't want to glorify the lifestyle. A lot of it is exposing the filth.

>>29162565
Exactly. Buying them expensive shoes is so ridiculous and stupid, but it's kind of the gimmick. It's the theme.

>>29162589
It's already been done. I want shoes to be the focus. I like the name 'Nike Hitchhiker'.
>>
>>29162655
'Documentary' is a weird word. It would just be our videotaped adventure.
>>
>>29162661
i never said anything about 'drug addicts' and that you'd make that assumption says a lot about your character and how shit you are
>>
>>29162661
I know it's been done but your idea is horrible you need another angle
>>
File: IMG_20160209_172223.jpg (168 KB, 740x553) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160209_172223.jpg
168 KB, 740x553
>>29162713
I was saying that I'm not going to white knight the homeless like youtubers do. I'm not going to look like a moral princess by handing them subway sandwiches. We want to look at all sides of these people. If they're addicts and alcoholics, it's fitting. If they're good folks they'll be treated well

>>29162729
I disagree. The shoes would work well into the narrative, it accompanies well, and in reality would be implemented in a way less gay way than it sounds. It would be seamless.
>>
>>29162812
they're all good folks. you're the bad guy exploiting them. nobody is ever homeless because of drugs, that's stupid. they're homeless then they drink and do drugs to forget their shitty life and that becomes their only reason to live.

>i don't give money to homeless because they'll only spend it on drugs and alcohol :^)

if anyone needs a fucking drink it's the homeless guy out on that corner begging
>>
File: IMG_20160307_140238.jpg (18 KB, 320x263) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160307_140238.jpg
18 KB, 320x263
>>29162892
They're secondary to this, we will meet them but the goal isn't to become them or try to understand them, they are sideline characters, kind of.

Maybe you're right, maybe my 'they're degenerates' meme is just a meme and I'll find out once I actually talk to them. It's likely. Opinions will change throughout it and we'll learn things. I think the focus is what it's like to be living like them, not about them as individuals. Certainly they will help paint the scene though.

Sleeping soon, if anyone is interested get me on Skype, 'hack_blastard'.
>>
Give me bitcoin or altcoin and I will edit it for you. I'll do onscreen graphics too, like people's names in the corner during interview portions and titles/credits.

[email protected] to contact me.
>>
>>29162892
>nobody is ever homeless because of drugs
that is just plain not true
my dad had an apartment, decided to start spending all his money on crack again, lost his apartment, and now he is homeless
>>
>>29162812
Giving the shoes out and kinda focusing on that sounds dumb and superficial. There would literally be no benefit and they would more than likely sell them on the street for money or drugs or whatever. Plus you sound like you don't even give a fuck about the homeless so why document them? Why not find something you're interested in and film that?
>>
File: IMG_20160605_152656.jpg (203 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160605_152656.jpg
203 KB, 800x800
>>29163077
I am fascinated with the lifestyle. Packing up and going, mobile and on the move. The focus isn't on homelessness, but I know we'll encounter it. The OP post was poorly worded.

We'll buy the people we interview shoes because it's funny. But I would also like to share a meal with them, and talk to them, do interviews. They'd appreciate being able to speak more than material shoes.
>>
>>29163120
Will you also film them giving head for crack?
>>
>>29162693
>It would just be our videotaped adventure
going by your posting here, you seem kinda unstable, which might make this entertaining. I look forward to seeing you do crack with hood niggers around a burning trashcan
>>
>>29163120
OP this shit is genius holy shit. I fucking love the shoes part. It's so over the top ridiculous and hilariously out of place it's going to be brilliant.

I can already imagine ideas for naming the show and how the logo would look.

Have the intro run https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nOd5_Bdc8I and name the show Nike a Hobo.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.