[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else underweight because of depression? Most of the time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
Anyone else underweight because of depression? Most of the time even the idea of food makes me feel sick. Currently going 2 days without eating any sort of meal. Does anyone have tips to increase appetite? Weed is not an option
>>
Stay skinny a n d become a model
>>
That was me for a while. I lost a lot of weight because I would never go get a meal. And then reintroducing food into my stomach made me uncomfortable for some reason.

You pretty much have to work yourself back into it. Eat even though you don't have an appetite, just chew and swallow. In time you get your normal eating habits back.

That doesn't solve the root of the problem though, which is the depression. I started gaining weight back when I became less depressed. I became more physically active which increased my appetite and I was awake during normal dining hours. I've put on 20 pounds but I'm still underweight.
>>
>>29159924
i was binging to ruin myself. now im starving myself to lose that weight

same self loathing in the end. just alternate
>>
>>29159924
Oh, that's depression? I was as high as 190 at one point, now I am 151 today. I feel hungry but the hunger pains make me nauseous and unable to eat.
>>
>>29160157
To clarrify, I am not depressed. I am enjoying a donut right now and lots of milk. Life is good trying to gain back a little weight. Remember, calories are more important that proteins, you just got to get bigger while lifting and you build muscle.
>>
I could never go beyond 42kg because depression fucks up my appetite. The constant worrying of my family over me even sinks me deeper in the depression. " anon, you're not eating again. You could get sick if that keeps up" sorry ma, already been sick long ago.

>tfw 39kg presently
>>
>>29160114
Every time I go to the fridge and grab something I end up putting it back and leaving. It's really hard to even force myself to eat.
>>29160198
I'm not even trying to gain muscle really, I just want to be a normal weight.
>>29160346
My family gets angry that I'm not eating too
>>
>>29160495
>I'm not even trying to gain muscle really, I just want to be a normal weight.

Well I think whole milk is the easiest way to get in calories if you hate eating. Then basically eat foods that are high in fat, cook with a lot of oils.
>>
>>29160638
Forgot to mention I'm a picky eater. Whole milk tastes rotten to me
>>
>>29160683
Yeah that's typical of underweight people. I suppose you have a list of foods that you don't like. Just eat the foods that you can eat, cook with lots of fats, lots of oil. Count your calories, this is important to know if you will gain weight or not.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.