[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any stories of robots moving out of their parents basement &
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: 1464897562787.jpg (755 KB, 3744x5616) Image search: [Google]
1464897562787.jpg
755 KB, 3744x5616
Any stories of robots moving out of their parents basement & succeeding? Tell us your stories.what was the hardest thing to do?
>>
>>29159075

yeah they didn't pass down the best work ethic so i fucked off from responsibilities and had to move back. failed a few more times before i found my stride.
>>
>>29159153
>failed a few more times before i found my stride.

So you back on your feet & living on your own or just living with your parents?
>>
>>29159075
I'm your classic NEET on sickness benefit in the UK.

I was able to finally get a real flat of my own but I had to move to a rural location to do it.

It was daunting at first knowing i'd be really cut off from support.

I have limited contact with family and I have no friends.

But I am quite self reliant now. It just gets isolating,
>>
>>29159279

You don't get the urge to go out & meet new people or just date casually?
>>
i was full-blown hikkiNEET virgin until about 22 years old, then i moved out and went to university, fucked a ton of girls, had irl gfs, now going to top 3 uni for phd

the most difficult part was literally just starting, and sticking with it until i hit critical mass

also finding myself, and finding the right balance between self-loathing (so that you change) but also self-acceptance (so that you don't sell yourself a bullshit lie that normies are 100% great and being a normie will make you happy)

i don't know if it'd work for everyone. i was lucky to have a passion i'm very good at, and that i could leverage into real-world success and recognition pretty quickly. when i try to export my experience to some of my friends who are in a situation like i used to be, they don't seem to stick with it - they either don't have any driving passion that can carry them, or they kinda do, but when shit gets rough they fall apart completely (drop out, stop showing up for work, etc.). i could be pretty bad myself, and i have substance abuse problems and a whole shitload of emotional and mental issues, but for some weird reason i kept showing up and i always got my shit done.

i would say in terms of leaving the basement, just do it ASAP. whatever form it might take, at least start moving forward. your brain needs sooo much more information before it can start making intelligent life decisions, before it can even make sense of the world intelligently. in terms of being successful, try to figure out a way, however the fuck you can, to find a driving purpose that sets you apart from normies. ideally, you need something that you love, something that you're happy with building a life around (even if things don't go perfectly with it), and of course, something that you can master so that people will pay you to do it.

fundamentally you just want to build your own life and be master of it. the biggest epiphany i had was that i get ONE life, and i was acting like i can redo it.
>>
File: 1344450044509.gif (550 KB, 278x227) Image search: [Google]
1344450044509.gif
550 KB, 278x227
>never go to school
>be NEET for about 6 years
>turn 20
>decide to get a job
>earning minimum wage, but didn't spend a penny of it
>saved up enough to buy my own house. Still lived with parents
>spend the next few years working to pay off all of the mortgage early
>rent the house out and earn a passive income
>retire after 5 years of work, albeit with a very minimal income
>mom died a few years later
>stay in her house
I now live a basically-NEET lifestyle. I have two pet horses that live with me to keep me company. I spend the bulk of my time getting drunk, running around with the horses, and playing video games. Some women are interested in me, but none that I am interested in. I haven't left the premises in about two years, now. Food is delivered to me. Sold my car. I can feel my sanity slipping away, but I quite like it. I'm returning to my teenage NEET years.

Meanwhile, all of my friends work from 8am-6pm, 5-6 days a week, doing jobs they hate, all to pay for their gold-digging wives and their kids.

I only did 5 years of work, and I still feel like that was too much. I don't understand how people can work from the ages of 18 to 65 without putting a bullet in their skull. I hated every single moment at work and was borderline suicidal the whole time.
>>
>>29159258

low income apartment and food stamps, m'man.
>>
>>29159430
>be NEET for about 6 years
>turn 20

Schoolchildren don't count as NEETs you moron.
>>
>>29159513
I just said I didn't go to school you fucking downie.
>>
>>29159430
believe it or not, some people aren't lazy pieces of shit that can't deal with everyday normal problems. People are self motivated, and can work through their problems. You're a NEET, of course you can't see how people can actually have responsibility.
>>
>>29159320
Hmm, not really. I mean I'd be surprised to find somebody who I could actually get along with.

As for dating, well nobody wants to date a guy with OCD, I'm just a headcase.
>>
>>29159545
stfu faggot, not even him. All I do is get high, lift, and steal. Hope this post triggers you.
>>
>>29159545
>believe it or not, some people aren't lazy pieces of shit that can't deal with everyday normal problems
I'm not lazy. I just hate the competitive nature and high-stress of work.

Who said I can't deal with everyday problems?

>People are self motivated, and can work through their problems
Huh? Who said I have problems? Just because I hate working for a Jew boss trying to cuck me out of my wages at every turn doesn't mean I can't deal with my problems. I hated work. When I got enough money to quit work, I did. That is called dealing with your problems. If I didn't quit my job, then I wouldn't have dealt with my problems, you retard. I found what I was unhappy about, and I fixed it. Am I meant to continue to do something I hate?

>You're a NEET, of course you can't see how people can actually have responsibility.
What does having responsibility have to do with me not liking work? Besides, what is really so "responsible" about paying for someone who doesn't really even want to be with you? I pay for myself, my house, and my horses; not to mention maintaining the other property I have. Should I have more things dependant on me in order to be a big man?
>>
>>29159568

There's probably a group meet in your area. Most do. There's an autism group in mine
>>
>>29159075
No because you need social skills for that. Everyone who moves out of their parents house does so by moving in with a friend or a cousin. If you can't find either you'll likely stay stuck
>>
>>29159359
You silly boy! You don't get one life!!!

You get one life that you remember now, if you can't solve your problems you are stuck at a cycle of lifes and eternal suffering until you drag yourself out from your own hell.

>I'm glad you made it.
>>
File: squidward laughs.jpg (111 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
squidward laughs.jpg
111 KB, 512x384
>>29159545
>IF YOU DON'T PAY FOR YOUR WIFE AND HER SON BY WORKING AT MCDONALDS FOR 2 BUCKS AN HOUR THEN YOU ARE A LAZY PIECE OF SHIT
yeah yeah whatever you say. KEK
>>
File: oi goyim.png (79 KB, 225x210) Image search: [Google]
oi goyim.png
79 KB, 225x210
>>29159545
>OY VEY BE A GOOD GOYIM AND MAKE MR. SHEKEL MCJEWSONSTINE MORE MONEY
>IF YOU DON'T WORK FOR SOMEONE AT MINIMUM WAGE, THEN YOU'RE JUST A LITTLE BABY WHO CAN'T HANDLE RESPONSIBILITY
nice try you dirty fucking jude. hitler should have finished what he started.
>>
>>29159075
WoW turned me a neet for about 3 years. I got a GF from WoW who actually lived nearby me. She was ok, thought I was Alpha compared to her current crush because I wasn't awkward but very abrasive and mean. Settled into comfy life for a few years, started to get tired of it, too bored and such. Joined the military and escaped that life. Was a medic, did iraq twice, came back to college and inducted into the world of Chad by circumstance. Military is always a sweet option just make sure you go into a line oriented job like combat medic, infantry, tanks, recon, etc.
>>
>>29159656
>Everyone who moves out of their parents house does so by moving in with a friend or a cousin

Or a random roommate, or getting a small apartment, or just renting a room,
>>
File: 1463258211788.jpg (600 KB, 1457x1600) Image search: [Google]
1463258211788.jpg
600 KB, 1457x1600
Moving out next week
Parents are paying for the apartment and getting me a credit card for groceries.

Thank god I'm a trust fund NEET
>>
Sometimes I wonder how it all ended up this way.

Lack of effort, and fear of rejection. Please kill me senpai.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.