[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Work in law >Firm hires new people I'm now in charge
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: Millenials.jpg (2 MB, 2188x1372) Image search: [Google]
Millenials.jpg
2 MB, 2188x1372
>Work in law
>Firm hires new people I'm now in charge of managing
>Recognize both of them are really bright and talented
>And probably smarter than me, too

As employees, I love them and I know we'll have a great working relationship, but that last part is hard to swallow. My seniority means more experience and familiarity with the systems and processes, but their intelligence means that within 4 - 6 months time they'll be at or on my current level. I don't want to feel like I have to force myself to grow exponentially to keep ahead, because I don't want to compete with them. That's not the type of manager I care to be. I want to, instead, grow with them.

But what now? What would you do?
>>
Just do a purposefully shitty job training them
>>
>being bright matters in a law firm
i would just do my job you stupid cunt.
>>
>>29156628
Not gonna intentionally slow or sabotage their growth. I'm not asking how to keep them down.

>>29156630
It should matter. In my mind if/when they do become better, it won't make sense for me to manage them. I thought I could avoid having to be a manager by doing law.
>>
op this is way too sophisticated of a discussion for /r9k/
we're just here to shitpost and call out normies ok
>>
File: desperate times.jpg (28 KB, 450x320) Image search: [Google]
desperate times.jpg
28 KB, 450x320
>>29156597
Sabotage them like a real nigga, but that's just me.
>>
Work harder for longer, wagecuck.
It's up the only chance you'll ever have of competing with these young, better looking and more competent super-smart waiges.
>>
>>29156597
Beat them down OP. BEAT THEM DOWN AS HARD AS YOU CAN. Destroy their soul.
>>
If they're really that bright, and you're really that experienced, they'll have innovative new ideas and you'll be able to qualify and implement those ideas and practices.

Surrounding yourself with people smarter than you is a very good thing, and if you can sharpen raw talent and learn from it at the same time you'll grow even faster.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.