[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to prove that the universe doesn't solely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8
File: 600px-MW-npc-Okan-Shei.jpg (64 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
600px-MW-npc-Okan-Shei.jpg
64 KB, 600x600
Is it possible to prove that the universe doesn't solely take place inside of your mind?
>>
>>29156040
>taking a pic of a pleb argonian from morrowind

post trashed
>>
>>29156040
sadrith mora?
>>
>>29156076
The prey approaches
>>
>>29156076
morrowind argonians were the best, design wise.
They still had their legs.
>>
If there is no one to experience the universe is it still real?
>>
>>29156040
No it doesnt because you see your brain is a construct of the universe and what you see is what your brain fucking allows you to see meaning you arent really seeing reality in an objective manner nope there is all sorts of invisible shit buzzing around you right now that you cant see at all.
>>
>>29156040
my mind? no, the mind of the sleeping godhead.

>>29156076
sleep tight land strider
don't let the""""bed bugs"""" bite :^)
>>
>>29156040
Your mind takes place inside the universe, and the universe limits to what it can comprehend about itself.

It's like you live in your house, but you can only look through the windows and aren't getting the full view.
>>
>>29156040
If it did can you imagine how fucking amazing your mind must be? I mean you're creating so many different personalities and works of art only to give yourself the illusion that you're living a life among your own kind.
>>
>>29156311
I don't think it's inside our head but in OPs defense, it's less about detail and more about conviction. You're sure this is real. I'm sure you also had dreams which you were 100% sure were real. So which is it?
>>
>>29156040
you can't see x rays, can you?
>>
>>29156342
When you're in your dreams can you remember previous days or previous dreams with clarity? That's the biggest difference between the two.
>>
File: 1370218876654.jpg (32 KB, 480x454) Image search: [Google]
1370218876654.jpg
32 KB, 480x454
>>29156414
>When you're in your dreams can you remember previous days or previous dreams with clarity?

Y-yes, should I not be able to?
>>
>>29156481
If you're often able to realize that you're dreaming then I wouldn't find it that unusual but I think it's a safe bet that a majority of people are rarely able to recall events with clarity.
>>
File: 1444521350166.gif (578 KB, 299x198) Image search: [Google]
1444521350166.gif
578 KB, 299x198
>>29156040
No, because you cannot prove your mind exists in the first place. All questions eventually lead to epistemology. How do we know that we know anything? It becomes increasingly retarded to discuss given what little we "know" right now. Maybe if we find the "God" particle then some of those root-of-all-questions questions will be worth revisiting, but for now philosophy is at a dead end because all philosophy that's proven becomes science and until it's proven it's not useful. It's only useful on savages and ignorants. Ask them enough goofy philosophy questions and eventually they might pick up a book and learn what epistemology means.

Pic related - vague reference to Scrotumhair's cat
>>
>>29156076

Okan-Shei is one of the few Argonian savants in the game. He is a man of wide learning and cosmopolitan tastes.
>>
>>29156414
I don't know I never tried. Usually dreams have you fixated on a certain idea and everything else is just echoes from your mind.

The point of the comparison wasn't that anyway, I'm just saying that if you're convinced something is real, you're gonna think it's real. Schizoid people have hallucinations all the time but they think they are real.
>>
>>29156164

This is true and it just blows my mind.

The "real" reality could be something entirely different from what I am currently experiencing. What if all around me is a freakish alien world and yet my brain perceives it as something else entirely.
>>
>>29156603
it's not a freaky alien world, but we are missin color and sound and odors,
>>
>>29156603
I've had this thought before but it's pretty easy to disprove.

If what you see is an interpretation of reality then why is it that others can describe exactly what you're seeing?
>>
File: kikebergshekelstein.jpg (128 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
kikebergshekelstein.jpg
128 KB, 1024x768
>>29156040

I've had this thought before but it's pretty easy to disprove.

If what you see is an interpretation of reality then why is it that others can describe exactly what you're seeing?
fggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

drunk antisemite gamer
>>
>>29156621

Which has a massive effect on your perception.

Is it possible that there could be creatures that are invisible to our eyes?
>>
>>29156850

Not even your own memory can be trusted.
>>
To say that the universe solely exists in your mind is to say that you solely exist in your mind

hurr durr
>>
>>29156040
Take that shit to /v/. We don't need that trash here.
>>
>>29156040
Does it matter if it is? Your perceptions are your reality
>>
>>29156040
Get off that skooma, you n'wah.
>>
>Solipsism
>nihilism

Both "babies first existential philosophy" If I'm to be honest with my family here. I think they're all fine to have for a time but I can't think of anyone who didn't break out of them. It's like they're the first step in abstract thinking
>>
>>29156850
I'm not a Solipsist at all, but what you said doesn't disprove it.

>If what you see is an interpretation of reality then why is it that others can describe exactly what you're seeing?
It's not what you "see" it's what you perceive, as in all your senses. You only experience that other person describing what you see through your perception "hearing, or sight if they wrote it down." Meaning you're only perceiving someone describe another of your perceptions, so your entire reality could still be said to be entirely your perception
>>
File: [Screams internally].jpg (335 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
[Screams internally].jpg
335 KB, 2048x1536
>>29156040
You can't. Nothing can be truly known outside your own consciousness. No morals, no ethics are set, because it can never be known if they are real. Mankind is thus damned to be radically free.

Welcome to Existentialism, brother.
>>
>>29157327
>atheism

not even once, kids
>>
>>29157288
The problem with that line of thinking is that it renders everything null as you can't "prove" anything. It's like the kiddie pool of "deep thought" since it has absolutely no bearing.
>>
>>29157386
I agree 100%. Just saying it doesn't disprove it. That's why Solipsism is so retarded. It digs itself into a corner and keeps shouting "haha I can't be proven wrong" while not explaining anything or having a single productive thought
>>
>>29157382
>atheism

God is dead.

God remains dead.

And we have killed him. How shall we comfort ourselves, the murderers of all murderers? What was holiest and mightiest of all that the world has yet owned has bled to death under our knives: who will wipe this blood off us? What water is there for us to clean ourselves? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we have to invent? Is not the greatness of this deed too great for us? Must we ourselves not become gods simply to appear worthy of it?

The long night has come....
>>
>>29157458
Nah man just go to Church and pray once in a while smoke weed and play video games or what ever just have a good time and say thanks every so often
>>
>>29156040
*dunmer accent*
Go ahett
>>
>>29157327
I love this picture, because it's a picture of what we are at a basic level.
Just a strung together bunch of neurons with an electrical current in it.
>>
>>29157382
religion is really the same thing. you're just choosing to believe in something that someone else says is true. no matter what, we're making a choice to believe in a framework for reality.
>>
>>29157439
Oh I see what you're saying now. Yeah, you're right.
>>
File: Soren Vs Yoda.jpg (197 KB, 1158x688) Image search: [Google]
Soren Vs Yoda.jpg
197 KB, 1158x688
>>29157327
>>29157382
>>29157458
Look at these Nietzsche faggots, it's okay though because most beta, atheist, weeaboo, overweight, depressed nerds usually favor Nietzsche when they walk around in their fedoras and like to talk about philosophy with people.

I personally like Soren Kierkegaard myself
>>
>>29158251
i personally like somebody else whom im not even going to mention because i dont go around posting on imageboards pretending to be superior to others

>i actually do
>>
>>29157586
Religion doesn't lead to the conclusion that morals are subjective, ultimately come from nowhere, and essentially don't exist though. Religion has morality come from a higher authority, which is consistent and unifying to a people. whereas atheism inevitably leads to hedonism and nihilism, ultimately causing a people to become apathetic and be conquered by some other people with strong beliefs.
>>
File: nervoussystem.jpg (41 KB, 406x586) Image search: [Google]
nervoussystem.jpg
41 KB, 406x586
>>29156967
>Is it possible that there could be creatures that are invisible to our eyes?

of course

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtxEAzFiotA
>>
>>29156180
Do you CHIM bro?
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.