[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who /emberassedbytheirmajor/ here it ruins my self esteem to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 10
File: 3xusBeq.png (98 KB, 403x195) Image search: [Google]
3xusBeq.png
98 KB, 403x195
who /emberassedbytheirmajor/ here
it ruins my self esteem to get a gf because i assume that people think i'm stupid
>>
>>29155407
What the fuck are you even talking about you autist who cares about your major. Nobody. I didn't even go to college.
>>
Well whats your major then OP?
>>
>>29155644
Accounting
At least people will think it's cool for a while with the new ben affleck movie
>>
>>29155729
Can you at least make money in the future from it? Im Comp Sci. Not even sure why im doing it or what i can get out of it. Didnt even know i was majoring in it for the first couple of weeks.
>>
>>29155729
How was it? Did you find it boring? I'm going to uni this fall and I'm leaning towards finance.
>>
>>29155809
me too. what the fuck am i doing
>>
>>29155729
>accounting

you see now I automatically assume you're a boring person or asian
>>
>>29155809
Most of us end up being a monkey, recording transactions for shitty wage
>>29155824
Yes it's incredibly boring.
>>
File: segpa.png (1 MB, 1633x959) Image search: [Google]
segpa.png
1 MB, 1633x959
>>29155729
you can get a lot of monee from it, can't you ??
>>
File: 1447800296160.jpg (69 KB, 625x552) Image search: [Google]
1447800296160.jpg
69 KB, 625x552
>>29155729
>accounting
ah, I was hoping to find another art major
that's not embarrassing at all, at least people have some kind of respect for your trade
>>
>>29155729
i did a BBA, we didn't officially major in anything, we just took courses that suited our tastes and I took all the accounting courses

I was good at it because all I did was study all day because no friends, except it was more so memorizing formulas rather than actually understanding the material

My professors thought I was a shoe-in for getting a professional designation but in reality, I didn't really like accounting. I have a desk job right now unrelated to accounting

Not sure why I shared this story, just felt like it

>>29155889
not OP, but non-coincidentally, I am both
>>
>>29155407

I majored in nothing. That was literally my major, Interdisciplinary studies. I went to grad school for a masters in history and passed all my classes and just had to do the final part which is an oral exam but I chickened out because I'm an awkward loser and I feel like everyone can tell im a virgin KHV bitchboy when I speak publicly.

Seriously, why have an oral exam?
>>
I'm majoring in economics and philosophy, is this cringe
>>
>>29155407
I'm a CS major.
I keep hearing people call it a meme and saying how the CS bubble is going to pop. Engineers look down on you.
>>
>music technology

people usually try not to laugh when i tell them
>>
>>29156011
Econ and political science here, so I can't really say much.
>>
>>29155407
Art school drop out here. It would be more acceptable if I actually was getting steady freelance, but it's slow moving.
>>
"I'm majoring in mathematics," I say confidently and unabashedly, as I ride away on my motorcycle. "Also I have a 4.0"
>>
File: thouxandbandfauni.jpg (99 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
thouxandbandfauni.jpg
99 KB, 640x640
>>29155407

> Tfw I'm a passionate STEMlord

feels so good

this is what I've wanted since I was 7
>>
>>29155729
accounting is a good major. it's the best and most difficult that any business college can offer.
>>
>>29155407
My major is forestry. I'm not really embarrassed by it but some people disapprove.
>>
>>29159621
Forest management is the shit.

My dream since I was 12 has been to marry a forestry/ecology major and live in a rural area and raise some great kids.
>>
>English major
>have bachelor's
>getting a MA now
>>
>>29159709
That's exactly how I feel. I'd also like to have some cheap land to mess around on. I grew up near the city so I think it'd be nice to live somewhere rural.
>>
>>29155407
Hm, I am sometimes embarrassed by my undergrad degree in Microbiology. Though I am a little happier with my grad school choice, currently Genetics and Biotechnology. Even though microbiology is in many cases harder than "harder" sciences like physics and chemistry it still has a stigma of being "biology" and because of that I feel like a lesser science person just because.

Just remember, undergrad degrees are really not anything special. As long as it isn't arts/theatre you should be fine. Now if you want to sound cool, yeah, accounting probably not the best haha.
>>
File: 2486482482468268.jpg (28 KB, 431x362) Image search: [Google]
2486482482468268.jpg
28 KB, 431x362
>music production

I guess it seems cool but with everybody in it it's like the field for people with no music experience who want to do something in music

I didn't play 4 instruments for basically my whole life for this
>>
>>29159822
I'm glad there's other people out there that want that too. Now I just need some luck finding someone. Especially when I'm stuck living in Vancouver for the next two years.
>>
medical sciencey thingy stuff
>>
File: suicidal_feels.jpg (133 KB, 1142x704) Image search: [Google]
suicidal_feels.jpg
133 KB, 1142x704
>tfw graduated with a shit major (history) because I had no clue what I wanted to do with my life then realize I'm actually good at and enjoy something that could be useful (statistics) too late in my college career to change majors

If only I didn't put off the fucking stats gen ed requirement until my second to last semester maybe my diploma would be worth something
>>
>>29159860
If it's just one class don't believe it too much. One class is a fluke, might just be a teaching style that works with you. And even if you were a stats god, unless you are genuinely passionate and creative there's not much out there save for being a human calculator.
>>
>tfw doing nursing because I'm too dumb to become a pharmacist
>tfw hate dealing with women
>>
File: how aryan can one city be.jpg (604 KB, 3888x2188) Image search: [Google]
how aryan can one city be.jpg
604 KB, 3888x2188
>>29155407
No one really gives a shit about your major.

Do you think people will assume you're stupid if you get a girlfriend or do you think girls will assume you're an idiot because you're an accounting major.

Either way you're wrong- no one cares and it probably won't end mattering as much as you might think it will.

I majored in Political Science- my gf majored in Political Science.

We're both employed and make good money, no debt. Don't sweat it- life is gravy.
>>
Sorry for the blogging, but I can't see a general feels thread, but at least this is somewhat related.

My mom has been calling me a "waste of an investment" for not doing medicine, for the past two years.

She always complains about how I'm wasting my time doing chemical engineering, and that I'm a fuckup, and that any idiot can do engineering. They have this mentality since they're from Hong Kong, and job prestige is incredibly important, there. She calls me a fuckup since I took a year off to work fulltime to help pay for housing and my quarters, since my parents cut off all aid after finding out I was studying engineering back in freshman year, even though my GPA is a 3.76. I used to come back home between uni breaks, but now I've moved out completely since 4 months ago, and she calls me heartless for "leaving your parents alone to ruin your life on the computer."

I told her to fuck off last Sunday, and that she's a complete fucking, useless dumbass that I never want to see again, and that I'd call the cops if she came to my apartment. She started bawling and my parents haven't answered my calls since, and I feel really bad. I get that she's frustrated and angry that I didn't turn out to be an honorable doctor, or whatever, but it still hurts to see your family in pain like that. I really wasn't thinking too straight and that autistic fit of rage apparently hurt her quite a bit.

So what do I do? I still want a decent relationship with my parents.
>>
WHO /LIB ARTS/ PEASANT HERE
>>
english lit/poli sci here

just fucking end me
>>
File: pepe_stretcher.jpg (57 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
pepe_stretcher.jpg
57 KB, 500x400
>>29159895

The instructor was a Chinese exchange grad student and we could only understand 1/3 of the stuff he said so I don't think it was teaching style. I still aced it easily (every other math class I ever took was a struggle to barely get a C). Everything just clicked and felt intuitive, which I had never experienced before in math.

Had I discovered earlier I actually enjoyed stats and was good at it, I would have at least taken a couple more advanced classes to see if it was just a fluke or if it was something I could really do. Being a human calculator would be a step up from being a liberal arts grad.
>>
>>29160003
>wasting my time
>wasting the government's money
>family keeps asking me if I've figured out what I'm majoring in
>what the fuck am I doing with my shitty life, I don't like anything except girls and drugs
>>
>>29159989
ignore them a few years, they will miss you and want you back
if you go crawling back it will be the same and your only option would then be to become honorable doctor
you have to show them you can make it on your own and that you dont need them so that they will either gtfo your life or realize they better be nicer to you because you dont actually need them anymore
>>
>>29155407
is a literature major decent?

original
>>
>>29160046
you dont actually know you are good with a subject until you are in the advanced courses
if you are acing the intro classes it is because they are easy not because you are good at it, being good at it is you are in a class with 11 people and 6 of them are failing it. This is what my pathology class was like.
>>
>>29160046
>The instructor was a Chinese exchange grad student
holy shit fuck the chinese

they are the lowest most incompetent scum to walk this earth right after nigs

thanks uni, your education might be fucked but at least youre diverse right? so long as the exchange students feel "safe" fucking sjws
>>
>>29155729

Anon, I did accounting for my undergraduate degree and then got a master's in accounting straight after. Im a robot and still managed to get a job lined up before I even finished my graduate degree.

Stick with it. Finance is oversaturated and it's hard to get a job in it, at least in the U.S. Stick with accounting, you can go audit or tax, both are good routes. You work hard but you make really good money.

Suffice it to say I'm never short on tendies :^)
>>
File: aryan supremacy.jpg (142 KB, 800x924) Image search: [Google]
aryan supremacy.jpg
142 KB, 800x924
>>29159989
What an idiot.

I have a friend who graduated from college with a chem e degree and a 3.94 gpa (smartest fucker I've ever known) and he's making 70k a year out of undergrad working 4 days a week at a decommissioned nuclear plant.

His company is paying for his master's in computer science also.

Contrast that with his sister who graduated with a medical degree (from Stanford no less) and she's still swimming in debt.

Granted over the course of your life a medical degree may end up being a somewhat better investment but when you factor in the ridiculous amount of time and money you have to spend to get there it barely seems worth it in my mind.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.