[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a gf (pls no ree) and we've been dating for a year,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (985 KB, 2400x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
985 KB, 2400x1600
I have a gf (pls no ree) and we've been dating for a year, she is my first gf I am 20 years old and i was speaking to a friend of mine and I said if we are still dating by the time I'm 25/ late 20s I'd marry her and that pissed him off a lot. Am I wrong for trying to be happy? Can you guys explain why it makes him mad
>>
>>29154948
Because statistically you're going to break up with her and you just sounded like a tool.

Trying to be happy? You realise the divorce rates are fucking insane right? The rate of stable marriages are at an all time low. Take a lesson from the other men who 'tried to be happy' and got their lives destroyed instead.

Unless you think you're the special cupcake who found that special girl.
>>
>>29155028
I don't think I'm a special snowflake but I'm just saying if everything worked out like how I'd like it to I'd marry her, why is that such a bad thing? As a friend should he be happy for me
>>
>>29155122
Because such wishful thinking is cringeworthy and unproductive. What is he being happy about? Your fucking dreams?

If you said "if everything works out with my life I'd have billions of dollars!" would you expect your friend to be happy for you? No, that's a fucking dumb statement.

I don't know anything about your girlfriend but chances are she's going to branch hop to another dude some day or 'lose attraction' to you. What makes you think it'll work out long term?
>>
>>29155241
I can't really say anything is concrete bc like you said anything could happen, and yea I guess me saying he should be happy for me is retarded. But aside from that. If he was to tell me he wanted to marry a girl I wouldn't start raging at him I'd just say ok hope everything works out
>>
>>29155319
Yes, you're right about that. If he was really 'raging' at you for it that's a bit silly. But on the other hand I can understand him getting annoyed if he believes the chances are low for it to work out. I get annoyed when one of my friends is chasing after a girl I've seen to be worthless.

Just depends on the situation.
>>
GET OUT YOU FUCKING NORMIESSSSS REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>29155360
Yea, thanks man you helped me out. He gets angry to the point of he doesn't talk to me for like an hour if any of our friends ever bring it up and our relationship (girl and I) has been pretty good for now we haven't had any major arguments but I'd like to keep it going that way and then eventually a step up, do you think I'd ever be able to talk to him about this or should I just not bother with him since he acts that way?
>>
>i have a gf

leave, please
>>
>>29155443
Depends how much you care about him as a friend. If you've told him to stop and you don't appreciate it and he keeps doing it then there's not much you can do.

If you care about him as a friend it's worth it to just say "hey man, I know you don't like the idea of me being with this girl and I appreciate your opinion but please stop now. I'll make my own mistakes."

If he doesn't understand that then too bad, I suppose.
>>
>>29155548
Alright will do, hope you have a good day/night brobot
>>
I always think that a relationship wouldn't work out in the long run unless your gf became your best friend. It makes sense in my head maybe you have to put your current friends aside for that but that's ok for me I don't have any close friends..
>>
>>29154948
Have you considered that your friend has both anger issues and likes your gf? Probably a white knight for her that is mad you'd say that you "might" get married to his beautiful princess instead of wifing her up immediately like he fantasizes.
>>
>>29155670
I have like 5 friends 3 of which I've never met irl so I guess it wouldn't really be a huge thing. But is it worth it to push those friends away from me for a girl? Yea I love her but I'm not so sure about ruining the few relationships with these other people for no reason
>>
>>29155737
I haven't thought of that at all actually but if that's the case then I wouldn't give a fuck at all
>>
>>29155741
No I think it'll just happen naturally. You'll naturally prefer to spend time with her.
>>
>>29154948

Hes actually trying to look out for you m8, marriage has no value anymore for men and it's actually dangerous, if shit goes south and you split you'll be taken to the cleaners, judges often ignore or throw out prenups too and women still get to financially rape you for the rest of your life.
>>
>>29155919
They really throw out prenups? I've never heard of that
>>
>>29155868
Yea that may be the case
>>
>>29155919
exactly that, it's a fucking suicide.
>>
>>29154948
How recent is that picture? I hate the detours because the streets are cracked as shit.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.