[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys i might join foreign legion. I see no way out of my miserable
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4
File: FFL-.jpg (315 KB, 1200x798) Image search: [Google]
FFL-.jpg
315 KB, 1200x798
Guys i might join foreign legion.

I see no way out of my miserable life except this or suicide. Their requirements to join are pretty low but i fear i might fail IQ or/and psychological tests.

There are only two issues:
>If i get rejected i waste a trip to France
>If i get accepted i have to sign up for 5 years and during that time i could change my mind.

In 5 years of serving i would most likely get to see battle and i might get killed or worse, get severely injured.
Now i do wish to die but i would perfer it is a quick and painless death and not having my legs blown off.
>>
If you don't know french then you better start learning.
>>
>>29153948
> signing up for French army not Finnish
You won't get killed you dumbass
>>
>>29153948
Read the article about the legion that Vanity Fair did a few years back. Sounds pretty horrible. You'll spend all of your time guarding a mud hut in some African hellhole.
>>
you might want to find out what the ffl actually does
>>
>>29153967
nah
litterally the last thing you need is to know french

>>29153948
>fall iq test
no

>psych tests
maybe

they prefer to take people from shitholes that have no other choices and want a better life
not people from first world country because they have somewhere to return to
>>
>>29154014
I live in eastern europe and i have no place to return to.

I am suicidal so psych test could pose a problem for me. And i know war is not romantic. I just might take my chance since i don't mind dying as much as others do.
>>
>>29153948
I just can't stand those faggy uniforms.
>>
>>29154011
They go to warzones in Africa and Middle east
>>
File: 1465368122110.jpg (20 KB, 512x367) Image search: [Google]
1465368122110.jpg
20 KB, 512x367
>>29154014
>nah
>literally the last thing you need is to know french

DON'T BAIT ME THIS HARD ANON.
you can and most likely will get rejected from the FFL if you don't know French.
>>
>>29154105
Stfu midget butthole
>>
>>29154105
Actually knowing english is enough
>>
I'm joining in August op. If you're serious about joining give me a contact and we could talk about it more
>>
>>29154105
They teach you French in training.
>>
>>29154105
>foreign legion
>need to know french

retard
they teach french
maybe 4/5 recruits don't even speak a word of french before enlisting

>>29154059
you have a shot then
you just need to tailor your answers around not being suicidal i.e wanting a new life, to have dignity, to be french or whatever
if they think you'll get your platoon blown up no way they'll take you

the training is extremely hard and you'll probably get punched by instructors among other more common forms of harassment so if you aren't mentally solid you'll fail
>>
>>29154175
I am not sure man... i might kill myself before that happens
>>
>>29154105
In the first 4 Week they will teach you french dipshit.
>>
>>29154189
Just looking up on training. A 3 day 120 km march. 40km a day is doable for me without gear but not with it. I have walked for 10km multiple times before so i sorta get the idea of 40km
>>
>>29154202
I'm kinda on the same boat, but I like the thought of dying with dignity. And at least if we joined and realised suicide is the only was, we would have access to firearms to do it. Idk man but I am definitely going to be joining this summer so feel free to contact me on [email protected] if you want to
>>
>>29154176
>>29154189
yes they teach you french but during the interview or vetting they are gonna question you.
for example, why the fuck are you joining the FFL if you're an American.
seriously they probably won't take a /r9k/ neet American that can live a fairly okay life without the legion.
It's best to have an edge, and that edge is learning french before hand.
>>
>>29154263
Where are you from? Are you europen? August this year might be too soon for me
>>
>>29154250
why do modern soldiers still march so much? fucking gay. there are these things called transport vehicles.
>>
>>29154335
Yes I am eurofag. Live in Ireland. When were you thinking? Why would you wait? If you can get like 500 euros to pay for travel you have no reason to not go now. Or just spend the next 2 months getting good at pushups, situps, pulluos and running
>>
>>29154337
t. logistics pro
>>
>>29154105
>>29154014

You do not need to know french, but considering you most likely want to stay in France after your service you better DO know it.

And no, the little you are taught in training (only enough to follow orders) won't help you in civilian life.
>>
>>29154337
Because if you can't march for 8 hours with breaks in between you probably do not have the stamina to be on your feet all day and moving around buildings etc.

40km in one day is not really that much. That's 8 hours of marching if you walk slowly crossing 5 km per hour.

So you probably get 4x30 minutes long breaks or 2 hours and spend 10 hours to reach the target.
>>
File: ray.png (205 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
ray.png
205 KB, 500x280
>>29154337
Sup, pog?
How deep is the Dildo up into your ass?
>>
>>29154408
I need a good reason to sneak away from my parents. I can't go somewhere without a stable job. They will think i am nuts if i leave with my last 800 euros.

I need an illusion so i can just call them up if i am accepted or lie that i was on vacation.

Also if i had a chance to fix my eyes before i go it would be great since i won't have time to do so in the next 5 years if i join
>>
>>29154641
Why not be honest with them? I'm sure if you're NEET or something they will admire that you're willing to take a big jump to start a new life.
You can join with glasses http://foreignlegion.info/french-foreign-legion-eyesight-vision-requirements/
Maybe just say you are going on holiday.

My family is very unsupportive, even though I still live at home. But I am going to save up a little money and leave forever, I have no intention of ever speaking to them again even if I don't get in
>>
how old are you guys thinking of joining?
>>
Where does the FFL go? Are there any better foreign legions?
>>
>>29154963
18, 19 in August
>>
>>29154999
Mainly South America and African. Spain has one open to Latinos, and there's a few EU countries that take recruits from other EU countries
>>
>>29154963
22 in October
>>
>>29153948
the french foreign legion is probably the last place you want to end up as a robot. its not a place you go if you have alternatives
>>
>>29154999
Doesn't Russia have one?
>>
>>29154842
I have nowhere to return if i fuck this up. I will be homeless if i mess up. My parents will get fed up with me if i use my money to supposedly take a trip to France for a vacation instead of paying for my other expenses.

I need to plan this well. It can wait a year.
>>
>>29155102
I don't think we have any. Also, Russian military sucks. Most of the garrisons, at least.
>>
>>29155126
Nor do I, friend. I would probably try to get a job in France, like in a pub, or maybe hitchhike through Europe or something, just try to enjoy life before I kill myself.
Anyway, I need to go now, I gave you my burner email which I check every day so please keep in contact if you want to discuss it further, I could even give advice once I'm in there
>>
>>29155102
>>29155386
The Russian military occasionally take on Foreign citizens with a good command of Russian. They also accept recruits from ex-USSR countries
>>
>>29155499
I see no reason in wanting to join Russian military anyway. Unless you are from some place which name ends with "-stan".
>>
>>29156027
Joining the russian military as a foreigner requires good understanding of the russian language
After 3-5? of serving I forget, you are granted citizenship
>>
>>29155020
>18 years old
>my life is over bruh I'm joining the FFL it's the only thing left for me!!!
Lmfao
>>
why not your own country's military?
>>
>>29156258
Still see no reason for getting Russian citizenship. Unless you are:
1) From an even shittier place than Russia
2) Some super rich dude who wants to evade taxes
>>
>>29156410
What if you want to defect to Russia to live out the Trump years?
>>
File: 1461684220542.png (55 KB, 436x425) Image search: [Google]
1461684220542.png
55 KB, 436x425
Itt retard thinks him and his lanky body will make it in the FFL let alone pass the apatitude testing stage.

Go back to playing cowadooty, kid.
>>
>>29156433
Most of the Trump haters are liberals. If you are a liberal, Russia is one of the worst places to go.
>>
>>29153948
Heh... have you ever tasted the blood run on the battlefied, boy?

It's a man's world. I hope ur ready.
>>
>>29153948
Better start training LOL
>>
they are quite selective in the ffl you fucking moron.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.