[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your favorite self help resources? Pic related gave
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: enlightenment memer.png (423 KB, 694x534) Image search: [Google]
enlightenment memer.png
423 KB, 694x534
What are your favorite self help resources?

Pic related gave me a major brainboner this week
>>
No self help currently.

Right now I will be doing what I've been doing for 18 months now. Mindlessly going to work 10 hours a day, saving money I never spend, being too frugal to buy a car and walk a mile to work, only spending money on food, rent, comed, and internet bill. Which I tediously budget hardcore. Its just what happened to me after I got myself out of homelessness. I can't enjoy things anymore besides my cheap whisky and cigarettes at this time of day. On the weekends its just the same, except no work. I just eat, internet surf, and get drunk and smoke. All in solidarity. I'm actually beginning to like it (mostly because I enjoy routine)

I know the saving up money is good for me, and my credit score is great for my age, but my life has no joy.
>>
>>29153867
you sound like eggman
>>
>>29153675
Actualized is great.
Same with JulienHimself, even though he's a pickup douche.
>>
>>29154696
RSD used to be all the self help I consumed. They offer a lot of good insights, but something is off about it. Julien in particular has a deadness and dishonesty to him (despite being congruent I guess). And with Tyler I wonder why he feels the need to fuck 20 year old girls all day instead of spending time with his children.

Hearing Leo talk about neurosis made a lot of things click for me.
>>
>>29153675
None of that self-help bulllshit works. It's all scams. The only people self-help books "help" are the people selling them.

The only thing that really helps is actual change in your environment, which can either be caused by circumstances or forced by you.

Unfortunately some people are beyond change.
>>
>>29153675
http://markmanson.net/

GOAT tier I think
>>
>>29154936
Skepticism is good, but it's not all black and white.
>>
>>29154936
>or forced by you.

with the guide of some legitimate self help m8
>>
>>29153675

this guy truly does know what's up
>>
>>29153675
Who even is pic related? Shrek??
>>
File: somebodyoncetoldme.jpg (64 KB, 558x531) Image search: [Google]
somebodyoncetoldme.jpg
64 KB, 558x531
>>29155537
that's not supposed to be shrek...
>>
You can download Tyler's Hotseat at Home, there's two talks that are pretty good, one is like 3 hours long.

Alex from RSD has a new thing going on that is really good

Alpha Male Secrets / 33 Secrets solid advice and even more of a badass frame than most pick-up instructors, absolute zero tolerance lifestyle.

Obviously Tony Robbins, for his sheer energy and articulation alone

This is more for depression and motivation, the only thing that helps with social anxiety is practice and momentum. I guess self-help can help when you're walking around and feeling more confident and walking taller with more purpose, but as soon as I go to interact with people I turn to jelly inside, but able to stay somewhat cool on the outside due to my knowledge of pick-up.

In terms of my life and career it's helped immensely, I finally have my first real full-time job at 26, and slept with 3 different girls. 3 years ago I slept with anime pillows and kept trying to get autism bucks and live with my parents forver, anything's possible if you find the willpower.
>>
>>29155710
>and slept with 3 different girls

kill yourself or get the fuck out of here
>>
>>29155537
Actualized from youtube
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.