[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the reason why /r9k/ is such a failure at life due to parents
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
Is the reason why /r9k/ is such a failure at life due to parents never setting strict rules and regulations on the things to do and not to do? Like studying, leisure time diet and so on. Are you this fucked up because of a lack of structure and too much freedom from your parents? Thanks.
>>
>>29152758

I'm a failure because my father abandoned me, my grandparents kicked me out, and my mother was a leech that asked me to borrow all my money all the time and sold my car so she could put a down payment on her own car to move to another state.

Be glad you had the option to improve yourself. You needed more self-discipline. I've had things taken, stolen, from me by my parents.
>>
File: Reb.jpg (187 KB, 651x630) Image search: [Google]
Reb.jpg
187 KB, 651x630
No I am fucked up because nobody listened to or ever loved me.
>>
>>29152758
>no strict rules
wrong
my parents never let me have friends
I never when out as a kid
they would cut off the houses internet for only when they needed it
wasn't allowed to watch tv or play video games (I would be allowed to play video games during the summer only after my older brother who was in college gave me his gamecube and PS2)

It was until going into middle school to high school that I was given freedom but by then I was too socially retarded to make any real friends...
I just kept to myself when everyone else was socializing and shit... and the times I tried to talk to others I would just end up silent and just listen like a beta shit how's just there

I'm 18 now and I'm going to college...
hopefully since I'm aware of my downfalls I'll be able to change myself.. r-right?
guys?
>>
I'm a lazy piece of shit. I decided from a young age that my life was meaningless and that I would find more happiness jerking off, playing videogames, and smoking weed all the time and sleeping in school.

If I hadn't have been this way it would've been me dragging my feet until my parents kicked me out and then wage cucking some bullshit job 10 hours a day and playing videogames the rest of the time.
>>
>>29152758
Im a failure because I dont take risk this is all my fauit,my parents sheltered me but I could have rebelled but didnt so its my fault.
>>
>>29152758

No, I'm fucked up because my mom had me RIGHT after my brother.

And she didn't want me, nor was she ready, as a parent.

My dad was gone 10 months out of the year so she never had any help.

she was constantly depressed, and had no energy to deal with two boisterous boys. She had an affair when we were about 9. My brother doesn't remember, but I do.

As for the failure part: I blame myself.

But I know *why* I am the way I am.
>>
lifelong untreated, unnoticed social anxiety.
>>
>>29152758
Somewhat.
>raised an only child
>both siblings over A decade older than me and don't live with me
>barely any other kids on my block
>attended a home daycare with a very small group of kids
>when I went to real school I'm shy due to no experience with large groups
>get shunned all throughout school
>when I did make a friend, wasn't allowed to do most kid things with them
>parents let me sit and rot in the house this entire time
>now 23 with the mind and life experience of an 11 year old
>>
Too true bro XDDDDDDD (SWAG SWAG)
>>
>>29153001
This. Not taking risks is what made me a social outcast more than anything else. All because I was afraid of punsihment at home. My parents didnt beat me so I really had nothing to fear, but I never broke the rules enough to know what their reaction would have been. The last time I got in trouble was being home late from a friends house when I was 8 or something. And then Ive never done something bad like skipping class in HS where I could get caught.
>>
Spare the rod, spoil the child. They let me get away with too much, and then when I actually did something bad instead of enforcing a little discipline, they decided it would be easier to wash their hands of me and let someone else do the punishing. It taught me a thing or two about survival at an early age, but I wouldn't want my kids to learn things that way.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.