[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What hobbies can I take up?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: 245.jpg (136 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
245.jpg
136 KB, 800x800
At the moment I occupy most of my time with shitposting and vidya but I'm getting tired of it. I already go to the gym so that doesn't need a mention, also no weeb shit.

Pic unrelated
>>
>>29150014

Basketball. All you need is a ball and hoop to throw at.
>>
>>29150014
i bought a yoyo, it's very fun and you can put tons of hours into it. it's like playing vydia outside.
>>
>no weeb shit
Try reddit.
>>
Get one of those practice butterfly knives on Amazon and learn cool knife tricks. Then get an actual butterfly knife.
>>
>>29150037
Want to do this so bad, terrified of people askin me to play with them and being terrible. I bet it would be good for me, though.
>>
>>29150101
Im shit at basketball and i play recreationally all the time. If you are decently athletic then just try to play defense and only do layups on offense. Im out of shape as fuck but when i play with random fucks i just throw behind the back passes and shit bc im like Andre Miller
>>
>>29150127

I occasionally play at various parks in LA. No one cares really. Just play as hard as you can.
>>
>>29150014
i was in your exact situation. i played vidyagaems every day, but it always felt like a chore.
i realized i was just wasting my time and that vidya would never be useful in any real way, so i picked up a guitar and started learning. bitches fucking love fingerstyle.

other instruments are great too. nothing, NOTHING gets you more pussy than a 10 dollar harmonica, i swear to god. a few simple blues licks is enough to blow the panties off even the biggest ice queens.
take up music, anon. it's great.

and no, you don't need to have played music since childhood to become good with an instrument. the guitar may take a year to become fluent in, and the harmonica takes less than 2 months to learn.
>>
>>29150055
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx82HVIZpBs

i have this one
>>
>>29150037
I was thinking of sports but these kind of things work better with a team and since I'm on /r9k/ you know the problem with that. Will definitely take a look at solo sports though senpai, was considering trying some kind of martial art
>>29150055
I used to mess around with yoyos all the time as a kid, think I still have a few old ones lying around that I can dig up
>>29150064
Don't get me wrong, I used to be heavy into weeb shit but I just cant be bothered with it anymore
>>29150169
Tbh I'm not really a big fan of guitar music, I'm only really into a few bands and that doesn't really provide much inspiration to learn. I'm trying making electronic music in Ableton but I'm not that good at the moment, would like to take DJ classes in the future but there isnt amy opportunities available near me atm
>>
>>29150273
>DJ classes

bruh, just learn some basic music theory, get some smaples and hit the play button.
>>
>>29150273
>I used to mess around with yoyos all the time as a kid, think I still have a few old ones lying around that I can dig up
yeah, but i meant "serious" unresponsive play, not the kids' ones. stuff like this >>29150202
>>
>>29150319
I don't have access to any of the equipment or enough money to buy it. Does mixing really need knowledge of theory?
>>29150325
Ah ok, I'll probably just practice with my kids ones at first and then move on to a proper one if I still enjoy it
>>
>>29150689
all music requires at least a basic understanding of theory. even people who claim to be not need music theory use it, even though they don't know it.
noodling around on your instruments without knowing what you're doing will easily shatter your motiviation and make you lose interest.
>>
File: noiras.jpg (33 KB, 400x520) Image search: [Google]
noiras.jpg
33 KB, 400x520
im trying to get into putting together and painting mechs and anime figures. its something to do. its a fun hobby but sometimes just painting a small piece just right takes days.
>>
>>29150890
Tbh this seems interesting but I think this falls into the weeb category, trying to get out of that hole right now
>>
Buy a gun

10 gorillon origami
>>
>>29151546
Britbong here, unfortunately that's illegal for me senpai
>>
>>29151678
>Britbong
Be my friend as a new hobby.

anyway, do you want free stuff or things you have to pay for/buy? And whereabouts do you live, are there beaches, lakes, hills, countryside etc?
>>
>>29151678
Buy a airgun

Or archery
>>
>>29150014
Get a roadbike and start cycling. Great way to ease the mind, can be done alone, exercise, and all it takes to get started is knowing how to ride.
>>
File: ktm-300-exc-six-days-15_800x0w.jpg (72 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
ktm-300-exc-six-days-15_800x0w.jpg
72 KB, 800x533
>>29150014
get one of these and go to the forest if no forest do stupid shit on it and run from the cops really fucking fun OP
>>
>>29151733
Where you from lad?

Mainly free stuff to start off with, I'm low on cash and don't want to waste shekels on something I might not even like. Willing to spend a bit if I know I'll enjoy it though
>>29151810
This is pretty embarrassing but I never learned to ride as a kid and I don't know where I can go to learn without getting ridiculed by normies
>>
>>29150014

Archery and fishing is what I'm trying to get into. Both get you out doors and doing fun things that also have practical benefit.

One day I'll be able to shoot a fish with a bow and catch it.
>>
>>29150014
>>29150090

Or cooking OP. Doesn't sound like a hobby but it really is, especially if you specialize like learning to grill and bbq takes skill and practice.
>>
>>29150169

Harmonica sounds neat. I've been wanting to play drums. I used to play until I was a teenager, I want to be pick it back up.
>>
>>29151875
Empty parking lot late at night if you don't want to be seen. If you don't think cycling is for you, do you enjoy the outdoors much? Could start doing hiking and learning about your local wildlife and plant life.
>>
>>29151875
>This is pretty embarrassing but I never learned to ride as a kid and I don't know where I can go to learn without getting ridiculed by normies
it's piss easy. you can learn how to ride a bike in less than a day if you're an adult. just get a used mountain bike, wear a helmet and try it until you get it.

the key is your momentum. your balance is better while keeping a steady pace. if you go too slow you will be less balanced.
>>
>>29151769
>>29151903
Archery sounds cool, how much does it cost to start off though?
>>29151929
Yeah I'm not a very good cook atm, I'm not overly concerned about food though desu. I can make basic stuff and most of the time I just use a slow cooker/rice cooker for stuff if it's particularly long
>>29151956
>>29151958
I'll try and give it a go if I can find a cheap bike, not massive on the outdoors but I do like going for long walks so it's a possibility
>>
>>29151875
>Where you from lad?
Brighton

If you live in an area that has nice scenery, then walking is a nice and cheap hobby. I like walking, reading, writing, trying to get back into art too. None of those have to be expensive hobbies.
>>
>>29152159
Kettering here senpai

There's a forest not too far away from me that I've been meaning to check out, not too much apart from that though. I'm not sure about writing, either I'm being really picky about my own stuff or it's just complete shit. Always been crap at drawing desu so that's not really high on my list
>>
>>29152121

>Yeah I'm not a very good cook atm, I'm not overly concerned about food though desu.

Well it's not just for you. It's for girls and friends too if you have them. I know girls like my cooking, I have a cute sister-in-law who's always trying to get me to cook for her.

>Archery sounds cool, how much does it cost to start off though?

I use friend's gear right now so I'm 100% for sure but it's pricey. Like $400 for a bow and $200 for the rest of the stuff like arrows, targets, etc.
>>
>>29153545
>friends too if you have them
Welp
I think there's a club nearby, I'll try and see if they do trial sessions before making a commitment
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.