[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sertraline(anti depressant) weight loss
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 250x250
One of the side effects of sertraline is weight loss, due to lessened appetite and some laxative-like effects.
Do any of you guys have experience with sertraline? Did you lose any weight, how much? Did the loss of appetite last the full duration of you taking the drug or just few adjustment weeks?
I'm a fatty (71kg) and I would love to lose weight. Last few days I've only had tea. I'm asking here because its a popular antidepressant and I know some robots have been perscribed as well.
>>
how retarded do you have to be to want to get prescribed an antidepressant instead of simply adjusting your diet and maybe working out
>>
>>29146346
I was prescribed for my anxiety and depression. I just noticed a side effect and wanted to know more about it.
>>
>>29146280
What's your BMI? The effects depend on your bmi, where you start.
>>
>>29146674
Any source that its bmi dependant? Some reading maybe? Or just your experience is fine
>>
>>29146346
>how retarded do you have to be to want to get prescribed an antidepressant instead of simply just b urself :^)
ftfy
>>
>>29146759
All research on weight loss side effects is bmi dependent. Check pubmed. You may not be fat enough to see any real results. In fact, at that bmi, you could probably weight train a half hour a day, three days a week for a couple of months and just get huge without even changing your diet.
>>
>>29147304
Solid advice but I'm a girl, not trying to get huge (except glutes ayy). Thanks anyway.
>>
>>29146280
The appetite loss is definitely most noticeable in the adjustment weeks but if you condition yourself to eating less it's really easy to maintain. When I started I would skip breakfast and lunch drink lots of water during the day and then eat about half a bowl of oatmeal for dinner which I would usually throw up. After a while your appetite comes back but by that time your doctor will probably try to increase your dose. Now I'm used to barely eating during the day, I'll usually have a graham cracker and some strawberries halfway through the day and maybe some almond milk later if I feel hungry.
>>
>>29148352
How much weight have you lost this way?
>>
>>29148622
about 30 pounds in a month and half
I hit a plateau a few weeks ago so now I'm running more
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.