[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>trying to lose weight for the first time in my life
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: 1434507182883.gif (371 KB, 500x355) Image search: [Google]
1434507182883.gif
371 KB, 500x355
>>
you can't if your genetics are shit
>>
File: 1424379974262.jpg (32 KB, 500x359) Image search: [Google]
1424379974262.jpg
32 KB, 500x359
>>29143641
Losing weight isn't hard.

Trying to don't get fat again, on the other hand
>>
>Eat at a 700-500 caloric deficit for 2 weeks
>Don't relapse even once
>It's easy as fuck
>Started going for daily walks recently too
>Weigh myself
>Still the exact same weight I was 2 weeks ago

I don't get it.
>>
File: via reddit.jpg (43 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
via reddit.jpg
43 KB, 500x334
>>29143663
go back to tumblr, where you belong
>>
>>29143668
This. I was a fatty so I dieted and exercised, but keeping the weight off meant being hungry and tired constantly, so I just got fat again. Aesthetics aren't worth the suffering, IMO.
>>
File: scale_oppression.png (689 KB, 1321x648) Image search: [Google]
scale_oppression.png
689 KB, 1321x648
>>29143663
Back to tumblr HAES activist
>>
I started trying to lose weight recently and so far I'm down 30 pounds. We're all gonna make it, OP.
>>
Pro-tip: Enjoy being hungry. You can get to the point where the hunger sensation in your stomach is just slightly unpleasant but you mentally train yourself to associate it with self-control, so it feels good to be hungry because it means you aren't stuffing your face with shit.
>>
>>29143682
You're doing something wrong
>>
>>29143715
You do realize there are meal replacement shakes that trick your body into not FEELING hungry, I've drank them before and it really does take away my hungry sensation.

The downside is you're basically skipping meals which isn't healthy, you gotta put solid food into your body and I've heard eating one meal a day isn't healthy. You could just drink a meal replacement shake and eat like a small 1,200 to 1,500 calorie dinner and that'd be fine.

They say if you eat under 2,000 calories everyday then you are bound to lose weight. The problem is I'm a fat ass who likes fatty and sugary food which is all fucking high in calorie. I wish the health industry could make tasty food that wasn't like 600 calories like the fat/sugar industry.

GODDAMN IT CAN'T EAT SNACK CAKES AND JUNK FOOD WHEN IT ALL IS HIGH AS FUCK IN CALORIES.
>>
>>29143691
>>29143697
lol I'm skinny and never visited tumblr
>>
>>29143682
Keep it up for 2 more weeks and report back.
>>
>>29143641
>24
>turns out it's nowhere as hard as everyone says

if only i realized that 10 years ago
>>
>>29143682
Don't eat at night and make sure the walks go for at least 1 hour.
>>
>count calories
>Eat a metric fuck ton of veggies between meals as snacks to stay feeling full
>Carrot sticks, diced bell peppers, broccoli, small portions of avocado, cucumber, garden tomatoes, red wine vinegar and pepper on top, etc.
>All is virtually no calories, can basically eat it all for free
>Feel stuffed all the time and still losing weight

If you're trying to cut and you aren't abusing the power of savory vegetables, you're just making it more difficult than it needs to be.

And if you think youre hungry, but a bowl full of raw veggies doesn't look appealing, it means that you aren't actually hungry.
>>
I've been losing weight. But a friend is staying over from out of country so now I'm forced to eat fast food every day. The scale is going up. Fucking hell. I could be one of those dicks that's like "nah I'm not hungry :)))" but eh.
>>
>>29143694
Fatter people produce less testosterone and more estrogen.
>>
>>29143641
I managed to lose a lot of weight last year, I got so obsessed that over the course of six months I became underweight. Needless to say, I got tired of it eventually and ended putting all the weight I had lost back on.
>>
>>29143682
you need to do some more intensive exercise than that lad
>>
>>29143641
Good luck.
Big thing is to not over do it or push to hard, makes the crash twice as hard.
Try small things like cut out drinks and just have water with a cheat day in the month at most.
After you feel you are over that move to cutting out other fat foods. Eat out a lot? Find ways to cut that down/out, try and reduce meal sizes that's usually when it gets the hardest, try reducing it in situations you either can snack on or find ways to keep your mind off the cravings/hunger such as pursing a new hobby
If you fall off the wagon, don't give up, just get back on and accept that bumps will happen
>>
>>29144990
Or you could buy some spinach, rice, and lean meat and make a meal for you two
>>
>Weight gone up from just over 15 an a half stone to just over 16 stone in the space of 3 - 4 weeks
>Decide I really need to work hard on this weight loss shit - don't want to be a fucking fatass

Gonna try an keep to a 1500 calorie a day diet while saving sweets and fatty stuff for a "binge" day once a week.

Any tips on what foods will make me feel full and what stuff I could snack on between meals? I'm thinking spinach leafs.
>>
>>29144990
Trying to lose weight has meant constantly turning down food from other people.
People really do ask you,
>Hey, aren't you hungry? Let's go to <fast food joint>
All the fucking time, or they try to give you their leftovers and shit. And then they get offended when you say you don't want to eat.
>>
>>29145187
>what stuff I could snack on between meals?
Don't eat between meals. This is why you are gaining weight.
Your meals need to be satisfying, but low on calories.
Just get used to the feeling of being hungry. It really isn't that bad once you're used to it, and the more often you're hungry, the more your stomach shrinks and the easier it is to feel full.

Also, here's a hot tip. If you're doing this right, you should be slightly hungry when you go to bed. Your final meal of the day should be 3 or so hours before bed. And never, ever eat after midnight.
>>
>>29145187
>snack between meals

Cigarettes and coffee
>>
>>29143715
This desu. And then when I eat too much I feel disgusted with myself and immediately want to work it off. Oddly addicting, maybe I just replaced my eating addiction with a starving one though.
>>
>>29145127
He doesn't want home made meals. Especially something so bland. He's a young hot marine with lots of disposable cash.
>>
>>29145187
What lost me 60 pounds and turned me into a lean boy with muscle was eating salads w/ mustard (zero calorie flavoring) every day with 400 calories of protein on the side. Pretty steep. I did this so I could eat lots of pizza and drink lots of booze on the weekend. It worked though. Also lifting every day. Simple calisthenics. I didn't feel sickly either.
>>
>>29143682
Unless you are underestimating calorie intake or overestimating calories burnt from exercise, this is due to water retention and/or bowel content and is temporary. Also, don't trust those online calculators that tell you what your TDEE is. Find out your BMR, add calories burnt from exercise and subtract the deficit you want to get the number of calories you should eat, this has worked for me.
>>
>>29143682
Do you have a food scale? You might be miscalculating.
Also I noticed the first few days after adding exercise my weight went up a little. Your body will adjust. Just be sure to drink plenty of water the days that you walk.
>>
>>29144157
the 2000 calories thing is a meme, that is for am average male with some physical activity, go online and find one of those bmr calculators without ohysical activity just substract 300-500 calories from that daily and you'll lose weight, I supposr you're fat so that ill be easy with motivation and self control
source:did this myself, fell in love with a girl stopped eating so much lost around 27lbs in like a few months
>>
>>29145478
Continuing to drink is one reason I think I'm so accepting of this diet. I really needed to cut myself down to one vice and drinking was it. Food just doesn't feel as good.
>>
>>29145405
Well then you two should have some steamy sex to work off all that fat
>>
File: 1464294977736.jpg (231 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1464294977736.jpg
231 KB, 500x500
>>29143663
sick meme fanpai
>>
>>29145242
>>29145478
Thanks robots. Much appreciate the tips and advice
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.