[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you choose to have no emotions whatsoever? If so, why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4
Would you choose to have no emotions whatsoever? If so, why?
>>
File: 1444192895414.gif (1 MB, 499x341) Image search: [Google]
1444192895414.gif
1 MB, 499x341
Yes. Apathy like that would be better than constant worrying and sadness. I wouldn't mind getting rid of happiness since that seems to be absent most of my life and any of it that does happen quickly fades away. Getting rid of emotions would rid me of one of the many vicious cycles in life.
>>
Hmmm I'm not sure.

I realized long ago that I will never be successful with women or in any relationships in which I can feel the joys of love and being loved, or having a family.

So I said fuck it and dedicated my life to obsessing over creative endeavors. If I didn't have those dopamine rushes from said endeavors I would have nothing to do.
>>
>>29143674
I guess this means I'd commit suicide without fear or guilt if I had no emotions because I'd have nothing else to do.
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 360x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 360x200
>>29143519
Yes pls

Emotions are stupid
>>
be a schrizoid then. you cannot kill yourself that easly, mostly becauseyou still feel hope and natural instinct to not kill yourself.
you will still feel emptiness.
emotion is what drive us to do things, and the only emotion i feel is anger and sexual attraction.
it is not that good and it wil lbe worst when i start losing those too.
>>
File: image.jpg (84 KB, 497x571) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84 KB, 497x571
>>29143519
No, even though emotions are nothing but a restriction from achieving competed understanding of the things around you it's still something extremely rare and unique. Being able to experience emotions is something that should be cherished.

t. Guy that feels less and less each passing day

With that said, people who let their emotions guide their reasoning or think that emotions are in any way, shape or form better than solid reasoning should be gunned down and disposed of. Just take a look at hippies for example. They're the worst offenders of emotions>reasoning
>HURR DURR we're all spiritually connected because a coral reef is colourful and this fucking seashell looks like a galaxy millions of light years away
Like holy hell just shut the fuck up already
>>
I'D RATHER FEEL PAIN THAT NOTHING AT ALL!

PAIN! WITHOUT LOVE! PAIN--I CANT GET ENOUGH!
>>
>>29143519
You'd die pretty quickly.

>No fear whatsoever
>First time driving a car have no fear of danger or getting pulled over
>Want to get home fast so drive 150mph
>Car starts going out of control, you don't even stop it because no fear

It would be horrible. You'd also probably start jerking it where ever you are because you wouldn't feel shame either.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.