[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be me >playing dota 2 >got into a match where some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 208
Thread images: 9
File: stažený soubor.jpg (6 KB, 329x153) Image search: [Google]
stažený soubor.jpg
6 KB, 329x153
>be me
>playing dota 2
>got into a match where some guy asks to not flame his gf for feeding, she's probably new
>intentionally feed my hero and courier whole game
why would you say something like that?
>>
Dota 1 masterrace
Tfw no longer playing dota
>>
I just started playing dota 2

I cannot fucking last hit for shit. Any tips? I've tried going into bot games just to practice last hitting but I still suck
>>
>>29143491
>just started dota
>last hitting

Are you trying to play dota for a living?
>>
>>29143491
play more bot games
>>
>>29143491
check the damage range of your hero, always lasthit based off the low end

If you're playing a ranged hero stand as close to the creeps as is safe

also make sure you practice in an online lobby not a local host because ping makes a big difference in timing
>>
>>29143508
I'm talking about last hitting creeps for gold. My GPM is around 130, which is abysmal

>>29143512
>>29143550
What heroes would you recommend for a beginner? I've been using Warlock (recommended to me) and Bloodseeker (looks cool and edgy, just like me)
>>
>>29143550
Last hitting is pointless in pub matches where teamwork is badly coordinated.

I havent played dota since 2013, which was when dota 2 came out but im confident i can still kick any hero's ass with my Silencer.
>>
>>29143588
lich or vengeful spirit
>>
>>29143620
Thanks, senpaeie
>>
>>29143608
are talking about last hitting heroes? or are retarded/trolling?
>>
>>29143588
i suggest Bane. You know that purple ghost looking thing? I dont know what it looks like in dota 2.
>>
>>29143491
Go a melee hero with a good auto attack animation, i.e. Faceless Void or Anti-Mage. Buy a quelling blade, tangos, and two iron branches. should make last hitting a bit simpler. Also, if a creep is full hp and being hit by a tower, hit it once when it still has relatively high health, and then let the tower hit the creep into last hit range for you, then finish it off.
>>
File: A real bane in the ass.png (465 KB, 900x1100) Image search: [Google]
A real bane in the ass.png
465 KB, 900x1100
>>29143647
I got you boyo
>>
>>29143640
Silencer is one of the less popular heroes so i understand why you think silencer sucks.
>>
>>29143685
Dude if you are even playing at a somewhat competent level, last hitting is an essential aspect of the game
>>
>>29143710
last hitting is overrated in pub matches. Not worth the effort but i still do it out of habit. Thats how far I've gotten into the game; I last hit on reflex.
>>
>>29143800
Maybe in Dota, but in Dota 2 the degree in which people farm is much much higher. Also, when I played Dota, the meta was to like first item Vlads and then farm heros. Dota 2 is way more farm focused I feel
>>
>>29143588
Heros to start on depends on what you want to do. I think Lion is a good starting hero. He's more of a support hero though. A good carry to start on is Sven. I would recommend watching the "Welcome to DotA2, You Suck!" Video.
>>
>not playing LoL over that unbalanced anti fun lame game
>>
>>29143846
What do you mean by farm focus? People just like to kill creeps now?
>>
>>29143608
You're a fucking retard if you think last hitting doesn't matter. I bet you're some 1.5k trash.
>>
>>29143903
Essentially. Not everyone on the team, but the hard carry usually focuses on farming creeps and the jungle for as long as they can while their supports try to keep them safe and kill enemies. Then when the carry is like 6 slotted with items they go and end the game.
>>
>>29143902
> Not playing a dumded down version of a game designed to be easy to play
Kys
>>
>>29143934
How was the usual style of play in dota 1? I had forgotten.
>>
>>29143491
I have the same problem. In league I didn't have this problem. The difficulty difference is massive.
>>
>>29143447
Typical baby ass dota 2 player. I'm glad I'm high enough MMR to not deal with fucking manbabbies like you throwing the game after 1 death at 5:00 anymore.
>>
>>29143910
>1.5k
Im going to assume its some sort of ranking system. what ranking point do new players start with?
>>
>>29143960
When I played it, it was incredibly team fight oriented. Carries would first item survialbility items instead of damage in order to survive constant fighting, and then would get money for stronger items from killing enemy heroes, while there supports and mid would focus on killing as much as possible. Unless there was a goblin techies, then you would just disconnect and kill yourself
>>
>>29144002
You don't start anywhere you calibrate your rank based on how well you perform in different skill rank matches. The average mmr is about 2500 (2.5k)
>>
>>29144027
why did the style of play change? The mechanics are suppose to be he same. Yea that does remind me of how i played in dota.
>>
>>29144038
is it really? I thought it was more like 2.2 or something, but then again it has been forever since I checked
>>
>>29144055
Depends on server. Its 2.9 on mine.
>>
>>29143491
play chaos knight against easy bots
right click when the enemy creep is at 1/10th of its health bar

he's pretty easy to play once you get his basic mechanics

also go into options and choose "force right click attack" so you can deny your own creeps (hit them at the same low health point) this will give you extra targets to practice last hitting and teach you to deny your enemy valuable gold
good items for him are:
power treads
helm of the dominator
sange and yasha
armlet of mordiggan
manta style
black king bar
drums of endurance
level your Q spell to max first, then your E spell
take your ultimate at level 10/11 and use it before the big teamfights or to two shot someone for fun
take your e spell at level 9,12,13,14 and upgrade your stats at 15 and then 17-25

don't be afraid to disengage when playing with bots, they're suicidial
always carry a tp scroll until the late game
have fun
>>
>>29144053
people found out that if you build damage items first, you can farm faster, which leads to them building items to help them farm better items for late game more quickly. Mid and support is similar. Mid you farm killing items first, and supports buy survivalbility and mobility items to help them keep their teammates alive or kill help kill enemy heroes. But due to the fact that carries dont fight anymore, the games became much slower, and a lot more about only taking fights that are clearly in your favor than looking for fights.
>>
>>29144087
o yeah and if you have a lot of gold in the late game build a heart of tarrasque or an assault cuirass
>>
>>29144111
>tfw never fight
>just quickfarm necro and melt towers with bm
>izi mmr
>>
>>29144087
If I can just comment on this; Chaos Knight is a bad starting hero to learn lasthitting. His damage has a huge range, so when he hits it can be from anywhere between 45~ - 70~ during laning. This makes last hitting unpredictable. I would reccomend Sven. As far as build goes find the builds called "6.87 standard lane build". They are generally very solid for any hero and have useful info on items and skills.
>>
>>29144065
jeez, it has gone up then. But whatever I stopped caring about mmr when I started playing with friends that had high mmrs. so I got better with hem but refuse to solo queue as support so I guess ill be forever 3.5k
>>
>>29144107
Can't people just gank the farmers? Thats how farmers were taken care of before.
>>
>>29144138
I feel like his last hitting is pretty simple with a quelling blade
>>
>>29144138
eh just grab a quelling blade and you can get ck's animation down pretty well

sven is good too
>>
>>29144141
Yeah ranked is cancer as fuck I can't deal with solo que.
>>
>>29144160
Well when the entire enemy team goes missing off a mal what do you expect the farmer to think is happening? A surprise party?
>>
>>29144162
>>29144168
I stand by my point about the damage range. Yeah you can just get a quelling blade but sven is easier. We're talking about learning mechanics, not learning to play Chaos Knight.
>>
>>29144087
Yo I made a mistake here sorry

Level Q first, then W

take E last since it's so unpredictable

QWQWQWQW
then E
then RR
then EEE
then stats
then R
then stats until the end

also the quick button to level stats is O followed by U
>>
>>29144169
Doesn't help when everyone is super toxic, like I hate that word but I do not know how else to describe the community. In dota everyone wants to be pro so they take themselves way too seriously, and treat their team like shit as a consequence
>>
>>29144200
I don't know man, when I first started playing, I hate a lot of trouble last hitting with Sven. But then again that was back in early 2012 so I think they have buffed his early game performance since then.
>>
>>29144208
Some games are ok but my problem is there is no communication. I'm really used to playing with at least 1 other guy in my que who I'm talking to and the lack of communication throws me. How can you expect to win without working together?
>>
>>29144200
sven's item build is probably easier too
power treads
helm of the dominator
blink dagger
black king bar
echo sabre
daedelus
>>
>>29144222
Yeah his base damage has been put up. Its like 62 now or some shit.
>>
>>29144238
That's why I cannot play HoTS. Like the game is pretty fun but no voice comms? Really Blizzard? I mean I agree that solo queue dota has awful communication most games, but at least you can attempt to
>>
>>29144253
I always tell new players to follow the 6.87 Standard X builds. They are super easy to follow and explain stuff.
>>
>>29144273
Yeah I constantly use my mic. I tell people what to do a lot. Not that many people listen haha.
>>
>>29144286
i don't think i've ever look at those build guide things but if they help sure go for it
>>
>>29144326
Theyre incredibly useful if youre trying out a new hero, or even just trying to introduce yourself to a new meta
>>
>>29144197
Surely when the farmer gets close to the tower you can have one hero hide in the trees while another hero teleports to the tower and rush to attack the farmer then the hero hiding in the trees and come out and intercept him attack him further.

If the farmer is feeling brave because he has better items due to his farms he will be too focused on he fight with the hero who teleported and ignore the one hiding.

If the farmer runs, the one hiding can intercept him and use his abilities to stun or slow.

Come on man what the fuck. Farming too much used to be ridiculed.
>>
>>29144326
Its good because they have items sorted into core and situational and it explains why each item is good. I use them just because recommended items are trash and I hate looking for items.
>>
>>29144346
See thats why if you think people are there you don't push the tower. You farm where its safe.
>>
>>29144339
>>29144353
very cool
i usually just checked out dotafire to see the latest uploads there
>>
>>29144373
So you're telling me anytime an enemy is missing on the minimap you back the fuck out and farm elsewhere. You rinse and repeat until you have what you need and end it in one push?
>>
>>29144428
pretty much yeah. But a consequence of that is that players have gotten really good at hunting them down, which can be fun
>>
>>29144428
If you wanna check out some high level game play anon, there's a huge tourney being streamed on twitch atm called the Manilla Major. A team that really like offensive game play is playing and they're fun to watch.
>>
>>29144458
Now that i think about it. i played exactly like this with kotl with boots of travel and midas. I farm up damage items and carry the team late game. Not that i give a fuck about my team in pub matches.

Can you link me a replay on how ppl play these days?

Do people still do mini pushes where 3 or 4 heroes band together to destroy 1 tower, sometimes 2, then going back to safety?
>>
>>29144550
Yes they do. Again I highly recommend check out the Manilla Major, great games going on right now.
>>
Last hiting really, really matters
Everyone at 2,5K wont even miss a last hit, dont listen to people who say otherwise. Also look at manila major you fags
>>
>>29144637
lol are you kidding, I have played 4.5k level games and people constantly miss them.
>>
>>29143491
Just practice man, the amount of time you put in is correlated to how good you are. Learn the heros, learn the items.
Last hitting is one of the most important parts of the game, so git gud at it.
Play any hero you want really, but know that two heros have hugely different attack times at level one. play a game on juggernaut, then one on spirit breaker, see how different it is.
>>
>>29144637
alliance or navi anon?
>>
>>29144593
Name of channel? Too many channels poppng up when i searched for manilla major.

Also tell me about how players are making up for this by being better hunters? What do they do? Use illusions?
>>
>>29144854
dotamajor on twitch. lots of suprise initiations for hunting. like shadowblade and blink dagger
>>
File: 1464571678821.gif (100 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
1464571678821.gif
100 KB, 256x256
>get interested in dota 2 cuz of a steam friend
>have to read an in-depth guide and know what every character in the game can do and the dozens of ways they can fuck you up
>a gorillion items in different shops with different effects
>enemies come out of nowhere and kill you in 1 second while your skills barely make a dent in their HP
>teammates never communicate to gank or teamfight while the enemy is a skilled unimind of death

Is it worth it to go on?
>>
>>29144910
i find it fun. you just have to get used to it.
>>
>>29144831
DC :-)
>>
>>29144910
Just play the game. Fuck the guide. I never used it.

You'll naturally get better an learn new tricks.
>>
>>29144910

Do you like competition?
Do you at least have a small staple of friends to play with?

Then sure, it's worth it.

But it takes HUNDREDS of hours to learn everything, then thousands more to refine.

You have to learn every hero and what their skills are
You have to learn the mechanical knowledge to be able to play the game
You have to learn what every item does

Then after that you have to learn *when* to buy what item, when to use what skill, what to buy when the enemy has x.
>>
>>29144984
No wonder ive read people say dota has a steep learning curve. Do all new players familiarise the literature before getting their feet wet?

Also i used to play with maphack and when i stopped using i was able to read the map and take appropriate action without communication.

Link to this guide?
Inb4 50 page guide
>>
>>29145059

Most new players just jump in and learn by doing. There's a pretty extensive tutorial that teaches you the basics now so everyone should have at least the basic knowledge.

>maphacking

Nigga what.

The only guides I used were the in-game skill build guides.
>>
>>29145059
I just went in and played man. in terms of guides, theyre built into dota 2, so when you enter a game with a hero, it gives you guide suggestions in game. You have to build a proper team though. In low level dota 2, you want to have a mid, two carries and 2 supports. Try too look up info on those roles, and how to play them before you go in game.
>>
>>29145090
In dota 1, maphacks existed that made the entire map visible with all heroes, whether they were invis or not, appear. it made my life as a bounty hunter player miserable
>>
>>29145059
dota2.gamepedia.com/Role
heres a pretty good role guide anon
>>
>>29145090
>maphacking
Imagine. Okay imagine. Imagine being able to see the entire map including invisi units.
>RIP Shadowfrench

I used maphack in every game i played. Then when i stopped and became accustomed to it i was able to read the map so well. I dont even need ppl to call lane misses.
>>
>>29145059
rofl dude PLEASE STOP YOU DONT KNOW SHIT
maphacking doesnt exist in dota 2 because your pc doesnt receive this info anymore (in dota 1 it used to)
guides are important if you want to play well
>>
>>29145114
Just get loathers edge on rikki brah
>>
>>29145196
I understand hero build guides on dota forums. But another anon said there's a literal "how to play dota" instructions ingame.

Like... What?
>>
>>29145202
Loathers edge isn't an item in dota 2 meng
>>
>>29145196
Tell me something in the dota 2 guide i dont already know.

Tell me something a player who jumps right in a match without reading the ingame guide will miss out even as he progresses?
>>
>>29145243
Why did they remove loathers? Wasnt even hax.
>>
>>29145248
https://purgegamers.true.io/purge/welcome-to-dota-you-suck/
basic mechanics?
aggro, pulling, positioning, stacking, farming patterns, warding, hero builds (skills+items) and a lot more
>>
>>29145248
what heroes to use as carries, what heroes to use as supports, what heroes to gank with. again, roles are incredibly important. also item builds are important as well.
>>
>>29145263
its called shadow blade ffs
>>29145278
also lmfao its deleted
>>
>>29145301
it isnt, the link is just to the authors notes, you have to actually click the guide part
>>
File: 1454882271138.png (179 KB, 460x464) Image search: [Google]
1454882271138.png
179 KB, 460x464
>>29145248
>Tell me something a player who jumps right in a match without reading the ingame guide will miss out even as he progresses?

alright here we go

>how to play meta properly
>how to player counter/anti meta
>how to play counter counter meta
>how to create new meta
>how to win when team constantly feeds 1/17
>that you need to stay as 5 or you feed and lose
>how to play blame game meta
>how to adapt to enemy gameplay and counter them with item choices/skill build without preplanning it
>how to ultimately understand the game is fucking meaningless and requires no skill on your part, all you need is your team NOT to be shit and the other team will be

wew
>>
>>29145288
>>29145278
>mechanics
http://www.playdota.com/mechanics
I refer to that link when stacking items. every other aspect on the above site, i learnt while playing.

Also, dota is a very flexible game. There's no right way of doing things. The best way to learn is to play the game and experiment in practice. Game sense is the most important aspect, and you can only acquire that rough playing.

E.g. Im going to assume that officially kotl is a support, but you can use him as a battle mage and hence a strong hero killer in team fights when all the heroes clash and fuck each other up.

Also your link got editted out. The author said dota 2 players face different problems to dota 1 players. What are they?
>>
>>29143447
>dota

normies leave
>>
>>29145431
What the fuck is meta? Metagaming? I call it game sense.

Whats meta?

>how to play blame game meta
Only one i dont get.

Literally, unless i got the definition of meta wrong, everything else i had already learnt through just playing the game.

Where did you think the people who wrote the dota 2 ingame guide got his knowledge from? Dota 1 ingame guide?
>>
What if r9k made a dota 2 team?
>>
>>29145059
>he thinks the old is better than the new
you'd get royally rekt if you play today even assuming you familiarized yourself with the dota 2 layout AND assuming when you were at your best.
>>
>>29145704
Ill first read the dota 2 guide only to figure out how the average player plays these days and take advantage of that. Yeah, if i play today i'd be standing at the fountain reading item description because even if i still remember what each item does I've lost most of my game sense.
>>
>>29143491
>right-click and S spam
S stops your characters actions so you can time it better

also pay attention to where the damage is coming from on the minion, especially ranged creeps little damage bolts

It makes them easier to predict
>>
>>29145651
I'd join it senpai and we'd reach about 6k mmr
>>
>>29145827
T-t-thanks senpai
>>
>>29145827
why the fug do i need r9k if i'm already 6k
>>
>>29145628
Meta is the playstyle followed by majority of the playerbase at given point in time
>>
>tfw 450 mmr
the worst thing is, i'm not even that bad, i just started playing ranked too early when i sucked, and then i was forever stuck in sub-1000 mmr. the one game i can call myself decent at and i have the mmr of a retarded down syndrome baby. end my life.
>>
>>29145934
want me to boost you mate (^:
>>
>>29145934
Buy the new battle pass and reset your mmr.
Regards, gaben
>>
>>29145934
>450 mmr
I think it might be you senpai
>>
>>29145934
Just play for fun and youll naturally get better.
>>
>>29145491
>but you can use him as a battle mage and hence a strong hero killer in team fights when all the heroes clash and fuck each other up.

Idk where this discussion is at, but the point of basic roles is because there's no real reason to play kotl like that. Given there's 110 other heroes, a bunch do a much better job at being a "strong hero killer in team fights"

Even if you don't expect to be needed in that role, even the 4 are likely to be better suited and you're better off playing at least role 4.

The most niche thing about kotl is jungling on him and MAYBE off-laning if they don't have an aggressive tri. And even if you get anything out of it you should get a mek/agh's or something, nothing that warrants being a team killer.
>>
so who will join the team?
>>
>>29146176
early kotl aghs is good for the 500 heal at day, which is on a (effectively) 5 second downtime after chakra magic and then 10 when you didn't

add mek and you're better than dazzle/Omni for heals by far assuming your team can fight in the trajectory of your q

also unobstructed day vision is nice bonus too, along with other utility kotl can provide
>>
>>29146214
exactly, even if you're in a position to get more gold, it's a much better idea to just keep as a support and get aghs/mek, rather than something that would make you more of a hero killer as that guy said.
>>
>>29146176
Im talking about pub matches. Ofc there are better heroes suited for each role but thats where the flexibility of dota comes from. I liked playing kotl because he was a relaxing hero to play and i make him into a battle mage because kotl was able to amass more gold than other heroes which meant i was able to get better items.

So my end goal wasn't to simply have the most suitable hero killer, it was to make kotl a battle mage because i saw the possibility and so i got creative and got to work. Im not sure how often you get things like riki with dagon or techies with blink dagger but i had fond memories of seeing moments of ingenuity in players at made the game much more interesting. There's more but I've forgotten about them.
>>
>>29146322
>Im talking about pub matches
Doesn't mean you have to play worse or do something that is less likely to be successful. Dota 1 was different in the sense that for most of it's life much of the game was a mystery (also the standards were much lower and everyone was terrible, compared to now). The game has solidified a bit and it's very common knowledge that some thing just don't work, or at least definitely aren't effective.

There's a ton of things like this, like a blink/sb + armlet + dagon terrorblade able to pick anyone off instantly, but is it better than just building him as a hard carry? probably never.
>>
>>29146427
You're right about it being more solidfied. I get the impression dota players are more serious these days because of the ranked system.

Back then i learnt what i did through playing because thats when i can learn from oher people.

But you can't tell me me moments like rikki with dagon wasn't a fun time.

Also kotl with battle mage build back then was very successful because you an get the higher tier items before anyone else and that allowed you to intimidate and push the enemy back.
>when an enemy attacks you because they think your kotl is weak and dies. Kek.
>>
>>29146584
This is why dota2 players are serious: http://www.esportsearnings.com/players

They all want to be the next big stars who make millions of dollars
>>
File: 1446375648303.png (463 KB, 1070x601) Image search: [Google]
1446375648303.png
463 KB, 1070x601
>play game of dota 2
>entire team starts speaking fucking Spanish

WAKE ME UP
>>
>>29146782
Even you? It takes the right mindset to earn a decent living through competitions, sport and e-sport included.
>>
>>29146912
Nah, I'm not cut out for it at all.
>>
>>29147007
can you have pub matches in dota 2 without affecting your rank score?

I would be interested to see what players are like these days, but not enough to be bothered installing. Dota 1 was the day of glorious shit talking
>>
>2016
>Not playing LoL

Rofl you fucking betas investing time in (learning) a dead game
>>
>>29147099
I heard lol is simplified dota
>>
>>29147077
Yeah, you can play unranked matches with the internal matchfinder
>>
>>29146782
No, people are more serious because matchmaking exists and since you're probably in the higher brackets of spectrum you get matched with people who take the game as seriously as you, if you visit places that are about the game it mostly consists of people who have this interest in the game as well, thus they go to search these sources.

It's merely selective chamber. DotA's been like this for years, I remember in the later stages of DotA playing on DLG and trying to take the game quite seriously as many others did.

The biggest difference that occured isn't that they see people making money and they want to be the stars as well. They just want to be better at the game, because the game enables it thorough its changes over the years in regards to itemizations, hero picks and mechanics. Long gona are the days of ~60 heroes, unlimited buybacks, one rune, frostbitten fountains, of endless running away from sentries with Riki. The game's now more refined with comeback mechanics, more varied itemization/counters that makes every single step matter much more than it used to.

That doesn't mean that the fact competitive scene exists now doesn't impact the pub scene, I'd argue for the exact opposite as professional players are the one that maximalize the potential the current version has and the pub scenes blatantly copies these trends, this it's shaped by what happenes in pro scene, even though these people aren't pro themselves.
>>
>there are people who don't lasthit perfectly up to 99.999% without even thinking
This blows my mind. Just happens automatically for me because I'm good.
>>
>>29143675
>Anti-Mage
I can't farm for shit with this hero unless its the ranged creep, literally the shittiest attack animation.
>>
File: Naamloos-2.png (138 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
Naamloos-2.png
138 KB, 350x350
Anyone else learn Dota from purge? I'm 4.1k now so maybe I'll catch up to him one day kek
>>
>>29148144
>Naamloos
hallo nederkanker hoe gaat het jongen
>>
>>29147099
isnt LoL's playerbase decreasing meanwhile dota's one increasing ?
People are quiting lol because of riot is retarded piece of shit, give it 2 years and nobody will remember it
>>
>trying to learn dota 2 because i've finally free'd myself of battered wife syndrome from Riot
>no skillshots, 8 year long cc's, die all the time to literally no idea what and every item seemingly has 3 passives and an active that flips someone upside down, blinds them, reverses the earths gravitational pull, calls them a kike and disables their keyboard

it's pretty fun though. Once im used to it none of those things will be issues really but i do find it way harder to see what's going on than on league though.

Courier alone is fucking amazing, the champ designs are way way more creative too, loads of shit i've thought would be cool in LoL is in Dota like Rubick ult and stuff.

I just wanna git gud and all the heroes i like are apparently 'advanced' and i shouldnt play them

FeelsBad. I'm just gonna spam lich support i guess
>>
>>29148231
I have 442 hours in this game and I wouldn't be called "good", although I usually do quite well with invoker and shadow fiend.
The trick is practice. When you get good after a few hundred hours it just becomes quite fun.
>>
>>29148231
>spamming one hero
Holy shit why. Anyone who is decent at games will realize that when you start you first of all need to play each hero at least once. And then each hero at least 10 times. And so forth.

t. 5400mmr
>>
>>29143447
my pc is shit but it can run league of low decently
can it run dota 2?
>>
>>29148415
well the idea is that i play the same champ so i can get used to how it plays, so that i can focus on the non hero aspects of the game like warding, stacking camps, denying, harassing, knowing when to roam, learning to manage runes, knowing where to ward, what items to build, what shops i can buy them from, remembering to upgrade courier, etc etc.

Whilst im learning all that shit i just figured it was wiser to not worry about playing a new hero each game too. If i was playing what i wanted to play i'd be playing LC, Puck or Undying or Io
>>
>>29148231
Which characters? Some advanced characters are surprisingly easy.
>>
>>29148523
Focus on that shit once you have some idea what's going on. You said yourself you already have no clue what's happening most of the time, so you're probably sitting around thinking about that and figuring out what just happened.

The way I see it, you wouldn't fly an airplane before you know what all the buttons do. "I'm gonna just only use this button, to make it simple for myself, and not worry about the rest. One thing at a time!" *crash*
>>
>>29148466
probably yes
ori
>>
>>29148632
Io, Rubick, Undying, Puck, LC are the ones that made me want to try the game

Death Prophet, Phoenix, Templar Assasain and QoP i've since discovered are pretty fucking cool looking but other than that the rest of the cast look decent but they're the ones that shine out

i generally like playing support but i doubt that happens much. i was pretty sad to see that jungling isnt really a reliable thing
>>
lolbabs PLS FUCK OFF FROM MY GAME REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Ive been playing fucking dota since 2005 i dont wanna see u fucking shitters in my matches
>>
>>29148791
if you've been playing the game since 2005 and are still in the same elo that a shitter like me who came from league can get to then you fucking suck dick senpai
>>
>>29143491 here

I just got done playing a bot game with Sven where I was trying my hardest to last hit and I only got fucking 6 last hits in the first 10 mins of the game and closed dota

I seriously feel like uninstalling. How the fuck can I not do this simple shit? I feel so disgusted with myself
>>
I stopped playing dota seriously.
All I do is pick a support, go middle and completely decimate the other team with something like a Crystal Maiden until I fall off, which is where I leave the game.
>>
>>29148849
Buy a quelling blade and maybe a bracer
>>
>>29148415
>not being a specialist
>>
>>29148849
Open a local lobby.
Pick Nevermore, the Shadow Fiend.
Do nothing, don't even get any skill, just go middle and lasthit creeps until you can consistently do it.
>>
>>29148849
Yeah, the truth is you might be a little bit retarded if you're that bad, but I'd say the main problem is giving up immediately. Try doing it for an hour or two and see if you improve. It takes time to get good at anything.
>>
>>29148853
The best way to play the game is to first dominate then let the other team take the advantage by not helping your own, then dominate them again and finish it his time. Glorious feels.
>>
>>29148849
quelling blade helps a ton
its just practice anon
Dota is harder to get into compared to other games like it
>>
>>29148882
It's literally impossible to be anywhere near decent at any game if you do not understand all aspects of it. You create a solid foundation of broad knowledge first, and then specialize. And then you keep specializing in different things over and over, thus improving every aspect of your broad knowledge.
>>
>>29148972
I can't do that on Rylai.
>>
>>29148849
See, this is the difference between someone who enjoys the game and someone who takes it seriously.

Senpai i didn't bother with the concept of last hitting until 1 year into dota.

If you want to last hit. Just keep moving left and right and time your attacks. One click each. Dont spam your clicks. I rekt shitcunts at 50apm
>>
>>29148972
The best way to play the game is to consistently play intelligently and always make the most effective decisions.

Stay 2k, memepushing trash
>>
>>29149050
Just like SC2?
>>
>>29148880
>>29148892
>>29148945

I'm not going to give up

I'll try all the suggestions in this thread.

>>29148981
I've only ever played FPS games (quakelive, cs1.6, csgo) so this game is killing me. There's so much shit going on at the same time, there are things that I have to remember to do (buying items, leveling abilities, last hitting, denying creeps, etc) all at the same time and movement/attack is so awkward and slow

This shit is killing me. I'm trying my hardest to git gud
>>
>>29149085
Just like literally any game or thing ever.
>>
>>29148984
I understand other heroes and i learn how to tackle other heroes through my experience of using the same hero over and over.

The thing is when i used maphack i was able to read other heroes skills, so say i died i would read their skills.

Add to the fact ive probably spent approx 8k hours in 6 years, i am very well familiar with other heroes. The foundation, you just learn and refine through playing.
>>
>>29149162
Then why are you 3k and I'm 5.4k?
>>
>>29143491
>I cannot fucking last hit for shit.
Play Heroes of the Storm
>>
>>29149050
And so you get people like>>29148849 who feels frustrated because he's not able to last hit when he literally just started dota.
I would rekt you 1v1 with silencer.
>>
>>29149050
That's boring.
Dota is boring.

I played this game for well over 8 years. When you have played as much as I did the game will get stale, since DotA is not about reading your opponent, but simply doing what is most efficient at any time. Intentional mistakes to deceive your opponent have no place in DotA.

I'd argue the only way DotA could offer this element of mind reading is removing wards from the game, drastically cutting down all vision ranges and altering the vision penalty of high ground.

Really, the only part of the game I care about is 5 minutes to 15 minutes, because before and after then it's more dull tedium.

>>29149199
you try
you care about winning
>>
>>29149199
how good is a 5.4k suppose to be? Competition level? i dont play dota-style games anymore
>>
>>29143491
git guuuud

loser

mexicans and peruvians need their internet cut
>>
>>29149239
Wow, 8 years and you still have the mind of a 1k scrub. What about times when you're aware they have ward vision, and you smoke through the wards to deceive them? Like 80% of the biggest plays in high level games are all mindgames.

>That's boring.
Losing is boring, winning is fun. You lost a lot, that's why it got stale for you. Bads who don't care about winning will always stay bad, and will never have fun. I really pity you.
>>
>>29149412
The real thrill is having an epic game where everyone is doing their best to hold it together.

Winning in itself is boring.
>personal experience.
>>
>>29149106
Post steam, we can help you
>>
>>29149412
>What about times when you're aware they have ward vision, and you smoke through the wards to deceive them?
This is what I am talking about.
This is boring "ideal" cookie cutter play.

If they know you have wards, then you will know that they know. Therefore you have to expect a smoke play. And if you do indeed have decent vision you will know when they are setting up for a smoke play.
The only uncertainty is what they'll try hitting with the smoke, and even that is often blatantly obvious.

It really isn't enough to make the game
interesting either.

The only thing "fun" about DotA is playing in a way that should not work and crushing trashplayers.
>>
File: gamers.png (346 KB, 768x1677) Image search: [Google]
gamers.png
346 KB, 768x1677
>>29149412
>I really pity you.
Back at you. You'll regret all of those hours spent on worthless video games.
>>
>>29149571
Its because of that stupid ingame guide that people are taking the game seriously. People feel they need to follow a specific way of play. I can play serious just fine but it's no fun to me.

Still wanting to know how good is 5.4k
>>
>>29149683
>Still wanting to know how good is 5.4k
Decently high ranking.
Nothing you couldn't have done by instalocking the broken FotM hero for a while, though.
>>
>>29149232
Silencer is a late game hero. How do you expect to hold out and farm long enough to win?
>>
>>29149732
Silencer is not farm dependent at all, why are you so bad?
>>
>>29149711
>instalocking the broken FotM hero for a while, though.

I have no idea what your sentence meant. I stopped playing dota when dota 2 came out
>>
>>29149657
holy fuck that image is stupid, it's like it's saying that anything that doesn't earn you money is a waste of time, so you should spend 100% of your time making money
i'm sure you'll look back at your life at 80 and be super happy about how you lived your life as a wageslave.
how can a sense of accomplishment be "false"?
>>
>>29149798
Exactly that.
Instantly picking the hero that happens to be the pubstomper of choice during the current patch.
>>
>>29149800
>i'm sure you'll look back at your life at 80 and be super happy about how you lived your life as a gamer.
kek
>>
>>29149762
>slow ms
>no nukes

Silencer without the necessary items is really a huge target. And we're talking about a 1v1 with silencer. Any tank can take him on and destroy him
>>
>>29149849
>no nukes
Last Word hits for 150 magic at level 1.
That's huge.

>tank
There is exactly one tank in DotA and he gets crushed by a silencer in a lane.
>>
>>29149811
What do you mean by every patch? Do you mean when an update unfairly skews to a specific hero's favor? It shouldn't have this big of an impact.
>>
>>29149941
It just kinda happens.
Icefraud messes up lots, after all.
>>
File: 1463586225739.gif (392 KB, 245x280) Image search: [Google]
1463586225739.gif
392 KB, 245x280
>>29149657
said a robot
>>
>>29149911
>just looked at silencer
>2 of its abilities i no longer recognise.

Last word is suppose to silence enemy heroes whenever they cast a spell. THE FUCK?
>>
>>29150040
Old Last Word was cute but kinda boring.
This is a plain single target nuke which does the same thing.
>>
>>29149732
Superior game sense.
1v1 lasts 20 minutes but the winner is clear in the first 10 minites
>>
>>29150061
>5v5 team brawl
>global silence
>4 second last word.

Glorious
>>
>>29143447
Play Dota1 It's better in every way anyway.
>>
>>29150156
Hold up. When you said you can beat any hero 1v1. You were referring to silencer's old abilities. How do you expect to win with then?
>>
Stuck in 3.3k MMR. It seems I hit my limit there. I can't find a hero to get myself out of it. I think I need to start playing carries now.
>>
>>29150242
Honestly i don't remember. I only remember part of improving my silencer play was thoroughly playing 1v1 matches until i got it right.
>>
>>29150364
Game sense is all you need. But i play for the thrill first, win second. I assume part of improving your rank score is having good teamwork which i personally never bothered. My style of play was observing the situation and taking appropriate action. I only ever use chat for shittalking.
>>
>>29150416
Then you're not a good player.
>>
>>29150441
You're comparing apples to oranges. Dota back then is different from today. But i cannot stress enough. Game sense is the most important aspect of dota. And i say i even had superior game sense to you.
>>
>>29150364
It's pretty impossible to get out of 3k. I've been around 6k and I don't think I could make it out. You'll lose your sanity long before you get anywhere.
>>
>>29150416
>I only ever use chat for shittalking
Savage banter is the only good thing about dota.
>>
>>29150615
>It's pretty impossible to get out of 3k
just stop being bad.
If you can't dominate a 3k game, you might as well quit.
>>
>>29150750
I played on an Australian private server. So there were lots of "what school do you go to? Wanna fight?"

Also i had "OWNED SON!!!!" copy and pasted everytime an enemy hero dies even if it wasn't killed my me. It pisses them off even more
>>
>>29150837
>owned son

People say that?
>>
>>29150886
They used to, years ago.
It was a different time.
>>
>>29150886
>owned
>pwnt
>pwned

Yes.
>>
>>29149848

Get the fuck off this board if you want to live to 80, normie faggot.
>>
What's game sense exactly. Is the trip serious about game sense being important or is he just bragging about a redundant technique?
>>
>>29151318
Game sense is important, if his definition and mine are the same thing.
What I mean by game sense is really the entire game, from your hero pick, your lane choice, your item choice, when you move around the map and when you farm. It's when to move in during the fight, and who to attack. I plan when i'm playing with a team, but when I'm playing solo, I don't really think, I just do when I think feels right.
>>
>>29151318
Basically the ability to view the game on a meta-layer.
Recognizing patterns and what they mean.

An application is described in >>29149571.
Predicting smoke plays is something you can do with good game sense.

It's not a technique, you can't learn it. And calling it game "sense" is entire accurate, since it's not really all that conscious of a response.

You just have to play the game, lots, and hope you don't get bored.
>>
>>29150775
No fAm honestly, I'm literally 5.5k-6k and I don't think I could consistently win at 3k.
>>
>>29150775
The reason that pros are rarely in 3k is because they calibrate to 5k on their smurf accounts. I think 3k players are just good enough to the point where if your team is really uncooperative you can get fucked
>>
>>29148215
It peaked 2 years ago(imo) but that doesn't mean it's still not gonna be huge for a LONG time.

Jokes aside, once I get to top rank on league,I'm probably gonna start learning Dota over the summer because the champions seem more fun honestly. I've played it before and it was pretty hard. Venomancer and the scorpion guy are awesome.
But there are still millions of passionate LoL players who will be playing for years to come. I've spent over 2800 hours on League.
>>
>>29143447
>start playing league
>get flamed all the time for sucking
how do you even stick with this shit?
Thread replies: 208
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.