[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/depressionhide/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: 432432434.jpg (55 KB, 512x444) Image search: [Google]
432432434.jpg
55 KB, 512x444
who /hidedepression/ here? I've finally come to accept I'm going to suffer 100% of my waking hours. but how do you hide depression from the norms? I know noone is hated more than a depressed male. are there any jobs where no one cares you're depresed? I kinf of already quit one job becuse of it (I was deluded and thought only that job would cause me problems because of it). how do you hide depression in uni (know no one there, I think my (probably) sad looking face repelles them. but it will fuck me if there's a group project. like I might actually fail my degree because of it)
any tips are welcome
>>
File: image.jpg (306 KB, 850x567) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
306 KB, 850x567
Just take your meds and don't tell anybody.
>>
>>29143205
not taking meds, not "diagnosed"
>>
>>29143134
>are there any jobs where no one cares you're depresed?

Customer service in a call center. Night time security guard. Handy man. Electrician/plumber.
>>
>>29143217
Well fucking get diagnosed and gets some meds and get undepressed you sack of shit.
>>
>>29143244
1. obviously depression is the right way of looking at this god forsaken world. anyone who is not depressed is completely deluded. I would know, I was like that too when I was younger
2. one you take "meds" you're branded a psycho for the rest of your short remaining natural life
>>
>>29143244
you don't just get undepressed without spending years kicking up drama and whining about it.

t. formerly depressed
>>
I used to be super depressed about every petty problem, but then i just thought to myself how much of a bitch i was being, and that was the end of that.
Remember that any problem you have is tenporary, or atleast you will eventually get over it
>>
File: WhiteFace_9613.png (9 KB, 259x262) Image search: [Google]
WhiteFace_9613.png
9 KB, 259x262
>>29143134
>Be productive
>Do some extra things on the side
>Going to get start an undergrad soon
>Every day is a living nightmare
>I've managed to disconnect how I feel & think, from how I act & look so well that it comes more naturally than anything else
>I've gotten so good at lying and remembering the countless narratives that I sometimes forget what Is real
>Sometimes i genuinly fear things I take as truth are just lies I've repeated enough
>I see people that don't exist
>I hear different voices in my head
>I've had 2 laughing fits before going to sleep, where I laugh so much I get lightheaded and can't breathe. I also claw my nails into my face while I do this
>I only eat 1 meal every day
>Sometimes I don't eat at all
>I have nightmares every night
>People that know me genuinely believe I am confident, fulfilled, and happy
>>
>>29143284
except most depressed people keep it quite and often it only comes out after suicide, which disproves your theory
>>
>>29143233
>Customer service in a call center
you're completely wrong, as that's the job I had to quit.
>>
>>29143321
how do you hide it? if someone talks to me I don't act depressed but I think like when just sitting my general attitude is depressed and I'm not able to change that. if I try to force it I become more depressed for some reason
>>
>>29143436
My resting face used to be very depressed too, I sort of practiced smiling more, and made it a sort of habit to smile a natural looking amount.
It's a big factor of why people think I'm content with life.
>>
>>29145054
how about communication? like norms have this eagerness to talk to each other whenever possible and I naturally don't. trying to force it always feels like people know that I'm faking it because they've already seen me being depressed. also it's exhausting to put up an act for a long time and I always end up reverting to my natural behaviour
>>
>>29143134
See >>29145619

Don't tell me that my comment was too low on content.
>>
>>29145865
garbage post. OP is asking for advice, not talking about killing himself or cutting his wrists
>>
File: 1451703384819.jpg (423 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
1451703384819.jpg
423 KB, 1200x800
>>29143205
>>29143284
Why is it that "depressed" people are always so vocal about their depression?
I never talk with people about it, and if they try to call me out I just flatout deny it.
Are those people really depressed or are they seeking for attention?
>>
Is anyone afraid here that death isn't end,and that we are born again and again to suffer
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.