[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Suck at video games despite spending so much time playing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9
File: 1461464586499.png (77 KB, 224x297) Image search: [Google]
1461464586499.png
77 KB, 224x297
>Suck at video games despite spending so much time playing them
>Pre-order Overwatch because it's pretty fun during the open beta
>It gets released
>Suck ass at it even after 20 hours

Literally the first time I've ever pre-ordered a game, assuming early access doesn't count. Never again. I can't think of a single game I'm not terrible at.
>>
>>29142831
Cheer up buddy.

Practice makes perfection
>>
Are you actually attempting to improve yourself or are you just casually playing it? There's a huge difference between them.
>>
Stop playing multiplayer games. The last one I used to play regularly was TF2 years ago before it was hat simulator or F2P. I kind of miss it sometimes to be honest.
>>
>>29142831
Go play cs. I sucked at it first too. Now after 600h im le and better than most of my friends, that have played more than me. Also you dont learn shit in cs by playing comp. Learn to aim and it will help you in other games too.
>>
>>29142831
anon i'm bad at games too
wanna play together? or chat or something
>>
>>29142894
Great question for OP

>>29142906
CS fundamentals are so applicable to every other FPS that it's a shame it isn't even more widely played
>>
>>29142930
oh i also have overwatch about 15 hours in
>>29142906
i'm at 500 hours in csgo
still get destroyed
>>
>>29142939
Well i think cs is the MOST widely played game at the moment. But as anon said if you dont try hard to improve, you never will
>>
>>29142942
Also theres the possibility that youre just retarded. I had a friend who sucked at every game even though he put more time than anyone to playing them.
>>
File: 1423716230987.gif (83 KB, 153x140) Image search: [Google]
1423716230987.gif
83 KB, 153x140
You spend 20 hours on a game and expect to be good? Is this what passes for sacrifice nowadays?
>>
Just play reinhardt and keep your shield up and walk forwards. Anyone can do that, and it's still pretty fun.
>>
gamer prodigy here.
just keep playing. if you get mad, put the controller down then go outside.
but tomorrow, tomorrow you play again.
>>
Share your battle tags, let's suck at overmeme together!

I'll add people when I get back home.
>>
>>29142894
It's embarrassing but I'll be honest. During the open beta I had nothing but fun. After I got the full version of the game it got a lot more difficult. I actually found myself getting really upset and quitting the game before the game had finished. I felt really guilty letting my team down like that but it was so difficult and I got mad.

Recently I've started playing it a little more seriously and not letting myself get wound up. Even if we're getting destroyed I'll try to stick it out till the end of the game. I've also started playing support more often (I refused to do so before) and I feel good helping out my team. Sometimes I feel like we've won rounds because of my healing, too!

It's a lot more fun now but I still get discouraged sometimes. It's pathetic but I'm actually kind of proud of myself for rage quitting and getting mad less often.

My Battle.net is ello#21148 if you'd like to play with me, guys! I've played about 20 hours total.

>>29142906
I have 59 hours in CS:GO and am Master Guardian 2. I've played some 1.6 and a little GO in the past that wasn't counted on my profile's time, though. Since getting Overwatch and DOOM I no longer play CS.
>>
>>29142994
oh yeah
good chance i have some learning disability
either way it sucks
>>
Why would you put effort into getting good at a video game when you could put that effort into something constructive?
>>
>>29143096
>controller

Hello console normie.
>>
>>29143120
Because constructive things are rarely fun?
>>
>tfw you when you were always considered the best at video-games
>Literally always kicked friends' asses in Halo custom games
I miss Halo. I miss my friends.
>>
>>29143146
I wouldn't say OP is exactly having fun if he's starting to feel more worthless for sucking at video games.
And there are plenty of things that are both constructive and fun, such as hiking, learning interesting thing such a programming or even stuff like hiking/cycling which will give you exercise.
>>
>>29143120
>he fell for the fun meme
>>
>>29143178
Except hiking and cycling aren't constructive things semantically speaking.

And programming is extremely boring and annoying unless you're some kind of weirdo who likes it, and he would feel even more retarded trying to do that.
>>
>>29143102
Doesn't the battle tag only have 4 digits?
>>
File: selection.png (73 KB, 960x426) Image search: [Google]
selection.png
73 KB, 960x426
>>29143208
Exercise improves your health, so it's clearly serving a useful purpose.

I guess you're right about someone who doesn't know the first thing about programming feeling retarded. I still think it's silly how much effort people put into getting good at video games. I can't think of many other skills that are so worthless in the real world.
>>
File: screenshot_1465393543.png (27 KB, 346x712) Image search: [Google]
screenshot_1465393543.png
27 KB, 346x712
>>29143242
I don't think so, original robot-senpai. It probably depends on the name's popularity or something.
>>
>>29143259
by that logic, playing videogames are constructive too since you improve with time.
>>
>>29142831
Try checking if there's anything wrong with your motor skills. My wife can't even play Life Is Strange cause she can't move the camera and walk at the same time. Turned out when she was a baby her mom was giving her milk and her head just felt back and some milk got to her brain. So her fine motor skills and hand eye coordination are pretty messed up. Granted she's made progress but it's been after a long time of practicing martial arts and playing tons of camera heavy games.
>>
>>29143285
Well technically, yes. But it's not a skill that really has any relevance in other areas of your life, except maybe hand eye co-ordination and response time, but I can't imagine the impact being that large.
>>
>>29142831
I play video games because it makes me feel good, when im doing well. And thats what matters in life, being happy. Video games are one of the few things in my life that do that.
>>
>>29143127
i was telling someone else to put the controller down. do people like you think they're solving mysteries or some shit when you make retarded assumptions like this?
>>
>>29143389
PC Master racers. They're always like that
>>
File: magical girl next door.png (101 KB, 693x257) Image search: [Google]
magical girl next door.png
101 KB, 693x257
>>29142831
Fuck, I'm exactly the same OP. I'm below average in every game I ever played, and bottom feeder in every multiplayer game even if I spent years playing them.
I preordered Overwatch too hoping, since it is casual and you can kill people with one button I can be good in something too. Turned out it isn't that casual.
I'm lvl80 and I play with a team so I have no excuse and still get stomped by 10 and 20 teams. The thought of normal people who have normal lives, and played maybe a ten hours can beat me any time makes me want to kill myself. I threw away my life for video games and people who just treat it as a meme hobby destroy me easily.
>>
>>29142831
Cheer up cute anime girl

Do you play on ps4?
>>
>>29143102
>After I got the full version of the game it got a lot more difficult.
This. Either people who bought the game play it seriously or playing a few days was enough for them to learn theings I never will but I can barely ult a single person. In the beta 3 kills was the minimum.
>>
File: screenshot_1465394725.png (1 MB, 1904x1016) Image search: [Google]
screenshot_1465394725.png
1 MB, 1904x1016
>>29143434
OP here. Let's play together, Anon. I just played a game as Lucio and did okay. He doesn't do much damage so killing people is difficult but we still won! Maybe we can win together sometime. Or we'll just do terribly. Either way I think we could be friends and enjoy games more if we could play together!

Here's my Steam if you'd rather talk on that than Battle.net: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198299142892/

I hope you'll add me!
>>
60h and mg2 is pretty good. Its above average atleast.
>>
File: 1450053381253.jpg (44 KB, 500x492) Image search: [Google]
1450053381253.jpg
44 KB, 500x492
>>29143434
God damn it, iktf.

Just picking up the game overnight is enough for them to get a hang of it and do way better than someone who plays it for hours to cope with their miserable life.
>>
File: dying isn't so bad.jpg (18 KB, 178x242) Image search: [Google]
dying isn't so bad.jpg
18 KB, 178x242
>>29143553
Sorry but on top of I'm shit tier I even play the game on console. There is no hope for me.
>>
>>29143659
Do you play no PC games? We can still be buddies if you have Steam!
>>
>>29143677
I don't have a capable PC for many years now. I'm usually shitposting from work and play on console at home.
>>
>>29143737
Not him but make a Steam. You two looks like you'd be good friends.
>>
>>29143737
>>29143772
There are plenty of games that run on even shit-tier hardware. If you want to keep in touch my Battle.net and Steam are above. I also use IRC, my nickname is ello on Rizon.
>>
>>29142963
What do you mean widely played? DotA and LoL both pull more players. By a lot.
>>
File: 1463678630663.jpg (161 KB, 728x1484) Image search: [Google]
1463678630663.jpg
161 KB, 728x1484
>you start getting called out over voice chat
>>
I want to be better than average at most games but getting 'better' seems to just default to sucking the current meta's dick, whatever the game might be. I hate 'meta' shit, it's always boiled down to the most basic boring shit, the path of least resistance at all costs.
>>
>>29142831
>play casually as a time filler
>im always 1st or 2nd in what ever game i play
>>
>>29142831
Well, the only real solution is to be my healslut. If you're in Aus, at least.
>>
>best friend was always better then me at everything
>even at games I've been playing for weeks and he just picked I get beaten by him
>get inferiority complexes over it
>constantly think I'm worse then everybody Else
>age of online games comes around
>play a few matches of street fighter on online SNES emulator against randoms
>completly wreck shit
>join a match of Quake 3
>completly wreck shit
>turns out best friend was just incredibly talented at vidya
>years later we both are equals in anything Electronic
>he still has me beat at normal sports though
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.