[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did you discover r9k?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
Tell us the stories of how and why you ended up here
>>
I moved here from /b/ when it first came out
I was mostly a lurker until it got rebooted
>>
moot made an announcement about how he made a new board, so I clicked on it. I haven't left since. Except for the period where it stopped existing, of course.
>>
File: 1464907402264.jpg (33 KB, 400x384) Image search: [Google]
1464907402264.jpg
33 KB, 400x384
>>29141976
1d4chan brought me here
That and lurking
>>
>>29141976
I was a /b/tard like everyone else but I grew up. Now I browse here, /pol/and shitpost on /tv/
>>
I was a lurker for 2 years and posted first time today. Got here because someone told me to stay away. Still here because i relate
>>
I saw all the memes on r/4chan :^)
>>
>browsing 4chan
>announcement
>yo /r9k/'s back
>r9- what?
>oh it's OC robo test board nice
>forget about it
>check back in a few months
>FEELSFEELSFEELSFEELS
>hmmm
>>
>>29142107
back to lereddit now faggot

obviously not originalalalalalalal
>>
>>29142109
>oc
no one even gets banned for blox
>>
>>29141976
After discovering 4chan I was systematically browsing all boards in alfanumeritical order till I reached /r9k/.
I liked it here.
>>
Hiddenlol..
>>
Just thought it was pretty relatable so i started lurking
>>
>>29142185
Liked it here as in it fealt like home or as in im less bored on here?
>>
>>29141976
After that mulatto fellow shot up the school. Many lulz at the retards here ensued.
>>
I had no idea what was the purpose of this board so I decided to check it out by myself.
I liked it so I stay here now.
>>
>>29142154
Obvious bait, yet you still took it
>>
Searched an image of a friend on google and find a thread full of pictures of "him"
>>
Came for the frog, stayed for the epic sperg lulz.
>>
I pretty much exclusively went on /a/ after I grew out of /b/ back in 2006 or so. Then whenever Gangsta came out (sometime early 2015 I think), there was a police chief named Chad in the first episode. Everybody was freaking out over a character being named this, and people asking why were told to visit r9k for about 2 minutes.

I haven't been able to leave since then.
>>
>>29142233
Liked it here because we are all alone.
It is more effective to be alone together.
>>
>used to post on other boards like /tv/ and /lit/
>whenever somebody would say something beta, people would hit them with a >>>/r9k/
>eventually decided to check it out
>pepes everywhere
>>
>google 'INTJ master race'
>welcome to r9k, enjoy your complimentary feel
>>
My gf actually sent me a link. She thought pepe was cute, and thought I would think the board was funny.
>>
File: Tex.jpg (33 KB, 704x480) Image search: [Google]
Tex.jpg
33 KB, 704x480
>>29142361
>gf
>she was lurking on /r9k/ for le epic funny frog meme
>>
I was browsing on /b/ and noticed lots of virgins on /b/ mentioned this board

I moved here and was introduced to redpill, manosphere, all other virgin sites, etc
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 500x281
I just ended up here one day, years ago.

This place is awful
>>
i used to be a /b/tard in middle school, but my friend told me r9k was "basically the cool and fun content of /b/ but with more intelligent people"

That was in 2008.
>>
>>29141976

i enjoyed it back in the monocle days
>>
>>29142598

And the land of green text stories. Sometimes I still go back in the archives and read some of the last good threads, like the job story thread aka "I'll never forget the night I met you, black Jesus", or that guy hole troll.
>>
>>29141976
Normally I post on /sci/, but that can get boring and fucking obnoxious [/Spoiler] So I just thought I'd check it out. Now I just stay around because my life sucks, but it's not as bad as the average robots.
>>
>>29142867

do you remember the dad boat sex story?
>>
>>29142986

Not off the top of my head, no.
>>
>>29143329

famous r9k story back in the day. father-and-son boat trip leads to father-and-son fuckfest. somehow the son ended up tying up the father to get more sex out of him.
>>
>>29141976

I was here before xkcd invented it and after it was deleted and when it came back again

https://blog.xkcd.com/2008/01/14/robot9000-and-xkcd-signal-attacking-noise-in-chat/

do you even know
>>
>>29141976
I kept getting told to fuck off from /a/ to /r9k/ after the whole kannagi debacle with her ex and virginity thing.

now here I am.

was r9k even a thing back then
I'm pretty sure I got told to fuck off right on over.
never felt more at home since.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.