[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't know much about social class. Is this remotely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 1464864501050.png (194 KB, 1500x1272) Image search: [Google]
1464864501050.png
194 KB, 1500x1272
I don't know much about social class.

Is this remotely accurate?
>>
>>29140173
>upper class
>likely to be at least semi-fluent in french or italian, likely to know some latin or ancient greek

Wew lad i guess everyone who went through public school in europe share interest with the upper class
>>
damn near everything in that image is wrong
>>
>>29140173
This chart is a bit silly. It seems like someone's guess at what people from different classes might do, based on stereotypes from pop culture.

What is there to know about social class anyway? Why is it important information? Are you planning on going full Gatsby?
>>
"middle class" is a historical term for the urban mercantile and professional classes, not a term for a class of middling affluence. Whoever made that image is a retard
>>
>>29140173
I can check boxes from every one of them.
>>
>>29140917
>going to public school now means you're fluent in french

Allons-y alors, on se fait une petite discussion ?
>>
>>29140173
>lower class
25k or less annually
>lower middle
25-45k annually
>middle
45-80k annually
>upper middle
80k-200k annually
>upper
over 200k annually

by houshold
>>
>he fell for the learning latin meme
>>
>>29140173
>upper middle class
>owns a yacht
nice try there trump
>>
>>29140996
>semi-fluent is fluent

You frogs are amazingly bad at english
>>
>>29140944
Something like that, old sport.
I was raised in a very disconnected, isolated, international way, so I don't feel any connection to the normies of any class.

Since the normies of the higher classes get much more respect, even when people aren't looking for handouts, I figure I may as well pretend to have been a preppie, minus the obnoxious "you can't arrest me, my dad is a lawyer" stuff.
>>
>>29141015
Class is only vaguely correlated with income. OP pic is mostly accurate.
>>
>>29140960
Sounds like that corresponds to upper middle class. Things have gotten a little more complicated since the middle ages anon
>>
If nothing else, it's a good reminder even at the highest levels of society, Americans are devoid of any class.
>>
In Europe (or at least in France), the suburb is filled with lower middle class/ lower class people while the down town area is inhabitated by middle and above classes.
Now social engineering is slowly changing that and more and more low income housings are built down town (or even some beautiful 19th century buildings are declared low income housings) but despite living next to each other, people from different social classes don't mix and keep with their own. This "segregation" is so strong that lower/lower middle class people (read : arabs and balck people) have developped the habit to go on vacation in thailand because they're seen as french people there which allows them to get the special treatment that they'll never get in france when they try to enter clubs where the middle class hangs out
>>
>>29140173
w-w-what's inbetween lower middle and lower class?
>>
>>29141430
NEETs living on government's subsidies
>>
>>29140932
Like what?

>>29141325
I once met a Moroccan who introduced himself as Spanish to some Taiwanese girls, despite having a name like Ismaiil Zazasomething. Despite being white, I'm not all that proud of my own origins, so I felt some sympathy.
>>
File: uh.jpg (41 KB, 325x358) Image search: [Google]
uh.jpg
41 KB, 325x358
>>29141447
Good to know, not that it applies to me or anything
>>
>>29141447
You mean artists?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.