[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm thinking of getting braces robots. I never agreed when
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (134 KB, 900x696) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
134 KB, 900x696
I'm thinking of getting braces robots. I never agreed when I was younger and I'm tired of this gap in my teeth. Should I go through with it?Are they high maintenance?
>>
>>29140027
I think they have invisible braces now that you can do. I would check that out if I were you. I had the metal ones and yes they are a pain in there ass.
>>
File: mugi-chan.jpg (67 KB, 500x677) Image search: [Google]
mugi-chan.jpg
67 KB, 500x677
>>29140027
go for it dude, if you have the money, it's always worth it. I had them for 9 years in my childhood and i don't regret it a single day.
>>
>>29140027
Treat yo self, get dem braces.
>>
>>29140027
Don't do it anon
I had Pic related for 3 years and it was literally torture
there are pointy metal things everywhere, you small bad because even if you brush your teeth well there are places you can't reach and the brackets leave ugly white marks.
you also always have open wounds in your mouth
>>
They're very painful and annoying
But if your teeth are really fucked up, it might be worth it
Not sure I believe in all of the purported health effects, but if the aesthetics of the way your teeth are now bother you, then it's a good enough reason to do it
Expect at least a few years of having to wear them, and after that you'll have to wear retainers or else your teeth will just shift back (though now they have pretty unobtrusive permanent retainers that they cement to the backside of your teeth)

Getting them tightened is a bitch and it'll hurt like crazy every time to the point where you can't eat solid foods, but that pain fades in about a week, only to return when you get them tightened again (don't remember how often I got them tightened, but it was maybe every couple of months?)

Also you'll probably have to wear rubber bands, don't shirk those even though it's tempting and they're annoying.

And, lastly, though I have no experience with it, you might want to look into lingual braces. They sit behind the teeth rather than on top of them, which is probably hell on your tongue, and they work by pulling your teeth inwards rather than outwards, which could help prevent you from ending up with an overbite (my braces gave me a huge overbite), but if you do they might have to shave some of your teeth so they'll all fit together.

I'm not an orthodontist and this is just from my experiences and research so if any of this is wrong disregard it.
>>
they're painful to begin with and every time they change the bands but that's about it.

i had to stop going because of money issues and the rubber rotted away and i had to pull off all of the brackets and now i have leftover resin on my teeth.
>>
>>29141851
>ones that push out
like this? i had one to spread by lower jaw apart when i had braces and it really fixed my overbite. also i think teeth are sometimes removed to fix crowding issues.
>>
File: 0.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
>>29142217
i meant a spacer like this
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.