[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a pretty nice watch that I never wear, it was a birthday
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: Watch.jpg (130 KB, 1000x608) Image search: [Google]
Watch.jpg
130 KB, 1000x608
I have a pretty nice watch that I never wear, it was a birthday present and it only cost the person about $110. I told them I wanted it really badly because I liked the way it looked and I also told myself I'd wear it everyday, of course that was a lie. It's been sitting in the box mostly, I just never have a reason to wear it. I suppose I could wear it to a job interview, or perhaps on a date, maybe even some formal event.

Does anyone here have a fancy/expensive watch? Do you even wear it? And if so, when? I wouldn't mind wearing mine everyday but I'm afraid it makes good and bad statements such as I value accessorizing and it makes me stand out, but I also feel like people are judging me for wearing such a nice looking watch. I mean, sure they can be jealous but usually jealous people get envious and that turns into disdain and hate, obviously I shouldn't care what strangers think but first impressions mean a lot. Someone might admire your fancy watch and it could provide a positive effect, though you have some who might think "Oh look at this guy with his fancy watch, I bet he is rich or thinks he is all that" I don't know if people actually say this, or think like this. I'm probably just overreacting and being autistic.
>>
File: IMG_0318_resize.jpg (742 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0318_resize.jpg
742 KB, 2000x1333
I've actually got a collection of watches. Most of them relatively inexpensive (under $1,000) but a few expensive ones as well. I rotate to a different watch every week. I wear a watch every day and it feels weird if forget to put one on. I've basically been wearing watches since I was a little kid and my parents got me one to help me learn to tell time. In my experience 99% of people don't care and don't say anything and the remaining 1% who do notice and say something it's always a compliment.
>>
What kind of fancy watch only costs $110?

The outfit/style needs to match. formal clothes with formal watches, etc.
>>
I collect watches, and feel naked if I'm not wearing one. These days no one cares or even pays attention to it, unless it's kids and smart watches. The only people that would even notice are watch heads, and most times they're just looking for a new fix. A nice 100 dollar watch, isn't showing off. That's an everyday wear watch depending on your style of dress. So in short, anybody who cares won't think you're showing off, and the rest probably won't notice.
>>
yes you are being fucking autistic. NO DO NOT BUY A FUCKING $110 watch. Save up and get something half decent. Worst thing ever is having a literal band of shit around your arm.
>>
>>29141294
There's nothing wrong with cheap watches for everyday wear. Something that if it gets beat, you won't care as much. I've got sub hundred dollar watches, that I wear more than ones that I dropped thousands on. They sit on my shelf, rarely seen in public.
>>
>>29141613
Why buy watches if you arent going to wear them you fuckin retard
>>
i paid 2500 for a rolex date just frombthe early 70s. the face is black, its stainless and 18k and has a bezel with 49 small diamobds around it. i really wanna get a solid gold day date with a blur face
>>
>falling for the watch meme

It's 2016. Just use your phone like a normal person.

You know who wears watches? Children born in the 80's. You know what they wear? Some shit with mickey mouse on them.

You are literally worse than a child if you wear a watch. If you have a "smart" watch, just kill yourself. You will never get any pussy with one of these things on your wrist because everyone will correctly assume that you're mentally disabled.
>>
>>29141766
damn, nigga got no chill
>>
This is OP

I ment to say my watch cost $1110 (not $110)
>>
ive got a pretty expensive watch but it doesnt suit me because i look like a hobo most of the time, its a rolex deepsea dweller. ive been asked a lot if its stolen or something
>>
>>29139446
>$110
>pretty nice

Deluded poorfaggot.
>>
>>29139446

Have a $400 watch I got for graduation that I wear pretty much every time I leave the house.

Lots of people are like "why do you need a watch? You can check the time on your phone lol", yet I always seem to be the one to know the time first when people ask and everyone else goes digging through their pockets.

It's also somewhat of a small talk starter. People notice it, probably more so because not many people wear watches (it is pretty minimalistic), so I get some comments about it. There's been a few people that, like you said, kind of assumed I was some stuck up asshole for wearing a watch (same people that ask why I have it when I can use my phone) but I just say I like it and it was a gift.
>>
>>29141681
I wear them but only on special occasions. My beaters are work everyday
>>
I have a nice micheal kors watch for Men. Hardly wear it.
>>
Have a Pebble Round. Best thing I've ever bought I wear it every day and change the watch face depending on my mood / outfit
>>
File: 1463157053491.gif (478 KB, 240x242) Image search: [Google]
1463157053491.gif
478 KB, 240x242
>>29139446
My parents bought me a golden watch for a couple grand and I wear it everywhere. Wore it just about everyday since I was 15 and never got any odd looks or anything. I doubt people will care much, if anything, they will be jealous that it looks so expensive but they will never judge you upon it. It's not a negative thing to show that you have the money to buy such things (even if someone bought it for you, but that doesn't matter since they won't know)

Don't overreact, you can wear it whenever you want.
>>
>using anything but a pocket watch
>>
I wear a 120 pound watch that I got when I was younger. I plan to get a better one when I come out of uni
>>
>>29141855
>>29140789
>>29141294
First off you can buy watches that LOOK expensive for that price, you just have to go to the right store. For instance the watch I was talking about is an Armani watch, even though Armani isn't known for watches it's still a popular designer brand name. It's jet black with gold numbers on the face, I think it looks really stylish and quite expensive.

Trust me some watches can pass for being expensive, people can't tell how much a watch is unless it's something like Rolex. But if a watch LOOKS expensive then people will think "Wow, that looks expensive. I bet he paid a lot for it." It doesn't matter if it isn't a Rolex or some expensive watch, my point is you can find designer brand watches by popular companies that LOOK expensive.
>>
I've been starting to collect watches. Broke as fuck so i'm only able to afford watches that look nice, but are actually pleb-tier watches. I have been complimented on them on several occasions. The fact that they look expensive impresses people enough for them to compliment me.
>>
>>29143712
That was my entire point that I just stated, richfags and narcissisticfags don't seem to understand this.
>>
>>29143574
>fashion watches

lol poser
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.