[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
any programmers or compsci?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6
may go to /g/, but would prefer casual conversation with another programmer or even infosec, if you're not some walking shitshow self-inflated noisefuck.

also please don't be entitled SV early 20ssomething clownshoe. you are as annoying as a bunch of fucking girls screaming about disney and their golden cock bands.
>>
File: git gud.jpg (66 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
git gud.jpg
66 KB, 960x960
>watches silicon valley once
Fuck yeah I'm a programmer
>>
C programmer here, it's pretty fun.
>>
>>29138222
Early 20 something's are all you'll find here.

But please, share some comp sci wisdom, old timer. I'm eager to learn.
>>
>>>/soc/
[the brown fox jumped over the lazy dog]
>>
>>29138268
The collective IQ of that board isn't above triple digits. You won't find a programmer in the bunch.
>>
>>29138297
then go back to >>>/g/
>>
File: 002facet.jpg (104 KB, 546x699) Image search: [Google]
002facet.jpg
104 KB, 546x699
Who C++ master race here???
>>
>>29138222
I'm a 19 year old java, c#, and python developer. Does it make you angry knowing that the higher level languages are the future and you'll be stuck maintaining old shitty code?
>>
>>29138430
>java
depreciated by 2020
>>
>>29138430
>java
Why do people like ass fucking themselves java's so fucking shit
>>
I know C++, Java, and I'm going to study some Python and C# in my spare time or get a class later.

I wanna work for vidya games.
>>
>>29138430
Oracle is no longer supporting Java. It's going out
Languages of the now are ruby snorting rails, lua(for game development mostly), and some other shit
>>
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 299x168) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9 KB, 299x168
22 yo LAMP developer here.

So senpai what do you want to talk about.
>>
>>29138222
Don't go into software development. Just fucking don't. You'll ruin your life if you do. There are far easier ways to make money -- some of which can even be done online.
>>
Don't know shit about programming and i may pick up C later on but

I hope you guys become great programmers and have a 70K or more job so you can be inside your home all day!
Programming and Web Dev are the most /r9k/ jobs IMO
>>
File: 85hSKUc.jpg (212 KB, 1213x1127) Image search: [Google]
85hSKUc.jpg
212 KB, 1213x1127
>>29139251
this guy knows what's up

i make about 4.50 an hour working for a startup and i work literally all day, every day

no weekends
no vacation
no benefits
nothing

save yourself from this fresh hell and learn a trade, i recommend electrician if you're considering programming since that's my fallback at the moment
>>
File: 1462250173189.jpg (24 KB, 500x455) Image search: [Google]
1462250173189.jpg
24 KB, 500x455
/g/ is casual conversation you retard
/prog/ && /g/fags are like that, it's a hobby that attracts shitheads
infosec is the worst, fucking whitehats pretending they are something more than just a bunch of script kiddies

lurk progrider you asshat
>>
Programming sucks. Get another career.

Source: Web developer.
>>
>>29139296
Exactly this OP. You have no idea how little money you earn for the level of skilled work you're expected to put in. The brutal competition. The crushing failure, humiliation, and general disposability at every turn. And for what? The chance to work 80+ hours a week at a company that's probably not going to be around in a year for less than an apprentice tradesman earns starting out just so you can work in teckchnuhlohgee.

Shit is not worth it. Code as a hobby but do something else as a job. Otherwise you will become a living, breathing, machine, who spends their days fantasizing about killing their boss and co-workers.
>>
>>29139319
>lurk progrider you asshat
finally someone who went to /prog/ shit
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.