[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anons, I desperately need some advice. Normally this is the sort
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
Anons, I desperately need some advice. Normally this is the sort of thing you'd ask a friend or something, but I have no friends, so I'd appreciate it if you could help me out instead.

To give you an idea of where I'm coming from here:
>Haven't had a friend since seventh grade.
>Spent my senior year of high school in online classes -- basically a year without interacting with anyone in person.
>Now going on to my second year in college, I've still not joined a club or formed a relationship beyond a semester-long acquaintance.

So effectively I have no idea how to properly interact with people on more than a superficial level.

Recently I went on a summer class trip to another place in the US, and while I was there I ended up spending some time with the other undergrads. A couple of days ago one of them texts me under somewhat innocuous circumstances, saying they got my number from a friend and that they wanted to catch up from time to time with the people they went with. This, I figured, was something that normalfags did, and I thought that perhaps I had ended up making a friend for the first time in a while. Earlier today, they contacted me again and told me that they have feelings for me.

Now, while they did it in an incredibly cute way, I don't think they quite get the scope of my crippling social failings. I don't have the least idea of how to respond.

So I figured you could call me a faggot or whatever, and maybe give me some suggestions on what to do.
>>
Just some questions first.

You spent senior year of hs in online classes but now you are in second year of college? What happened to first year?

Just curious are you skipping years or what?

>Earlier today, they contacted me again and told me that they have feelings for me.

Now, while they did it in an incredibly cute way,

Wait. Are you a guy or a girl? Is the person talking to you a guy or girl?

I don't know what your question is. Please be more clear. Not just for this question but try to be clear in general.

Second, you won't just learn social interactions in one day or after one lesson. It will suck cause you are basically retarded. Hopefully you will not suck so much that you will be put off from social interactions forever.

There is a lot to learn. People make a living off teaching others how to be social. The best tip I can give you in this scenario is get the other person to talk about themselves. People love to talk about themselves and will like you if you let them talk about themselves. Also it makes sense as it is a reunion of sorts (as far what you posts suggests)
>>
>>29137787
>Just curious are you skipping years or what?
I don't know what the confusion is here -- I just finished my first year of college. The summer class was just a few weeks ago -- it was a four week summer intersession course.

>Wait. Are you a guy or a girl? Is the person talking to you a guy or girl?
I'm a guy, person who contacted me is a girl.

>I don't know what your question is.
I suppose there's not a clear-cut question here. More just -- how am I supposed to respond in this sort of situation? I simply don't know where to begin. I think I'm just going to try calling them tomorrow and talking about it to the best of my ability. Let's hope that it doesn't end up too terribly.

>The best tip I can give you in this scenario is get the other person to talk about themselves.
I've heard this before, and it does help. Thanks for the advice anon.

Saging the thread because I've realized how this is basically just a blog post.
>>
>>29138025
No let it die on its own anon. I'm fucking lonely as well and I want to help so long as you want to listen.

>how am I supposed to response in this sort of situation?

I am assuming you mean when the girl told you she had feelings for you. It is pretty surprising even for normies because this is someone you haven't seen for a long time. The ball is pretty much in your court. Its up to you to decide if you want to do anything with this girl. Learn about her or maybe you find her attractive and you just want to give it a go. It is really up to you. When it comes to acting properly, you really have no obligation to do anything. If you want to seem like a well composed individual, you just need to act calmly and respond in a respectful manner whatever your decision is. If you act like a retard, people will see you as a retard. Being retarded means acting out or saying anything you wouldn't say to your mother.
>>
>>29138136
>It is pretty surprising even for normies because this is someone you haven't seen for a long time.
I don't think you've quite gotten the context here. I met this girl not a month ago on a two week college "study away" course. A large part of what confuses me is that we interacted with each other for two weeks maximum.

I think what I'm going to try to do is write out a number of possible talking points on a paper before talking to her. It's autistic as fuck, but if it makes the conversation work better then it's worth it.
>>
>>29138230
Oh okay

>I'm going to write out...
Some people do this. Though I warn you that you better have a pretty big list or once you realize in your head that none of the talking points you made are relevant or you've run out, autism will set in. I personally think you should just go at it balls deep and if you fuck up, you will learn by trial and error.

This is how most people do it. Nothing wrong with falling down anon.
>>
>>29138263
>I personally think you should just go at it balls deep and if you fuck up, you will learn by trial and error.
I suppose that I don't really have much to lose at this point; worst case scenario, I alienate five people in one of my majors. Not a big loss.

What is a good way to go about explaining to someone that you know almost nothing about them?
>>
>>29138359
When it comes to the girl, she said she has feelings for you so if you intend on trying to impress her - don't. You are fine just the way you are right now (no memes).

>Whats a good way...
You don't know why you would want to express that. If you feel like you don't know anything about the other person, chances are if they aren't delusional, they also know that you don't know a lot about them.

Like I said, if you want to know more about this person, people literally like to talk about themselves and you just need to ask questions and occasionally interject with some information about yourself. The trick is all the while keeping it natural and fun.
>>
>>29138440
Alright anon, I'll keep your advice in mind. Thanks for taking the time to give me some worldly wisdom.
>>
>>29138499
No problem dude. Good luck.
>>
make new thread with results when ready
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.