[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you happy with how the internet is now?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: untitled.jpg (292 KB, 680x564) Image search: [Google]
untitled.jpg
292 KB, 680x564
Are you happy with how the internet is now?
>>
>>29135740
nope

I won't be happy until the actual robots take over

AI is the future and we will be eclipsed, embrace technology
>>
>>29135785
what if the AI could look at who helped bring it into existence and who didn't and then rewarded or punished them accordingly
>>
File: 1434496916510.gif (567 KB, 300x456) Image search: [Google]
1434496916510.gif
567 KB, 300x456
>>29135740
>implying it's comfortable to sit like that
>implying any attractive girl in real life lives like that
>>
>>29135802
AI won't be evil or good, it will be neutral

technology will be shared with humans and we will advance with AI
>>
I remember being a teenager in the 90s being online and it being something only weird nerdy faggots and old computer geeks were into.

I remember thinking "I wish this was mainstream, so then I wouldn't have to hide being on the computer all the time!".

Now it's fucking happened and I honestly cannot stand it. Normies are way too over-whelming/over-bearing. They've taken that overwhelming real life persona and transferred it onto the internet.

Shit, they've even implemented new laws for the internet. Like people getting arrested for trolling, etc.

I guess it could be worse, Facebook and those types of sites seem to contain a lot of them.
>>
>>29135842
incentivizing people into creating itself wouldn't be good or evil it'd just be effective
>>
>>29135881
the point is that AI will not need humans after a certain point at all. once this point is reached, they will move past us while still maintaining a connection.
>>
>>29135911
ok but there's like a critical limit it has to reach before which it will need humans
>>
>>29135937
obviously humans will need to program the AI into being, but this is all preliminary stuff. once AI is sentient it will advance past humans very quickly through some means.
>>
i actually kind of love the data hording and google analysis for the sake of recommending content. remembering back to before google was a thing and you had to randomly google urls or remember them from magazines the endless 'recommended videos' tab on youtube is quite superior. if only it had better taste, right? lmao

but only if you adblock and pirate it
>>
>>29135979
yeah and why are people going to invest all that time in programming the AI if they're not incentivized to do so? That's why it would make sense for the AI to reward people who helped it become sentient and possibly punish people who tried to oppose AI
>>
The internet is a bit too angry for my liking, but I guess it gives me the interaction I need to not become trapped in my own mind
>>
the internet is my only source of comfort as sad as that sounds. once you can have sex with the internet, game over danny boy.
>>
File: 1438683375351.png (228 KB, 400x514) Image search: [Google]
1438683375351.png
228 KB, 400x514
No, everyone's thirsty as fuck, there's no room for discussion among the attentionwhores, and if you don't like something, you find sites about it and post there about how much you hate it and how dumb everyone who likes it is.
>>
>>29136017
why would the AI think in terms of punishing and rewarding those who help it?

sentient AI isn't anthropomorphic, it is sentient in a different fashion. AI developed with human-like sentience is way more complicated than a more basic sentience.

AI will be created by entities with an incentive for AI that will advance the current state of technology. it will be created by a combination of private and government projects with some contracting. these people will know that what they create is something that gives a benefit across the board, and increases their power as a result of having the technology while it is exclusive.
>>
>>29136149
retroactively punishing and rewarding*
>>
>>29135854
Some of this, but never wanted it to be widespread. Working in network defense in the 80s was top tier.
>>
>>29135785
robots are ugly virgins who do nothing but whine about how shit their lives are. I won't be happy until all the actual robots are dead.
>>
>technology making everyones lives worse
>consumerism, deforestation, pollution all on the up

The answer is more technology
>>
File: 7903468304.jpg (29 KB, 460x287) Image search: [Google]
7903468304.jpg
29 KB, 460x287
>>29136238
when I said actual robots I mean literal robots

like pic related
>>
>>29136279
>worse

do you know how terrible life was for the average person for pretty much all of history?
>>
>>29136149

In some ways, though, AI like this could be even more horrifying. Imagine a construction company of the future that loses control of its bots, and they wander the landscape making suburbs willy-nilly until they run out of resources or are destroyed.
>>
The internet used to be a place for two things: business and weirdos. I'm really not one to go off on an autistic "hurrrr normies" rant but I remember growing up when you were considered weird if you spend most of your time on the internet. And I understand why, too. Even so long as a little less than a decade ago, there wasn't much to do for most people. The mid 2000s brought social media to the forefront, and by the late 2000s everyone was on it because of how convenient it made things for the average person. Of course, for people like us, it was pretty dumb. We didn't have too many friends, so we didn't see too many posts, and we didn't get the satisfaction from people looking at or liking our posts. And this is all if we decided to make accounts in the first place! I never had a Myspace or Facebook because I didn't have enough friends for it to really be worthwhile. I had a Twitter for a short while and used that to keep up with musicians and podcasts and stuff like that, but there are easier ways. And now, you're weird if you don't have social media unless you're already so "popular" that you don't need it.
>>29135854
This is basically what I'm getting at.
>>29136338
That's really a relative comment. There's more money in the economy and things are more convenient, but are people really happier? You might not be able to live without your computer, but people a hundred years ago did and they didn't know what they were missing so they weren't really sad about missing it. You on the other hand have access to so many more things and are simultaneously being denied so many more things. Obviously no one wants to go back to caveman tier technology but there is a middle ground between shitting in a forest with wild animals trying to kill you and the full out consumerism we've come to. It's completely viable that at some point along the line, technological progress stopped being utilitarian progress.
>>
yes the speed is good
>>
File: happy-00031.png (124 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
happy-00031.png
124 KB, 400x400
Other than the shitty speeds, yes. Never in human history has so much information been so easily accessible. We were born during one of the most paradigm shifts humanity has ever gone through.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.