[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think there is any hope for me? It's really hard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (442 KB, 1800x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
442 KB, 1800x1200
Do you think there is any hope for me? It's really hard for me to ask guys to hang out. And when I do they usually try to avoid one on one interaction. I'm not overweight but I have a horse face and a large frame and I feel awkward and ugly all the time. I don't look good in feminine clothes like skirts or dresses so I usually wear just jeans and a t shirt or sweater but that makes it tough to go out and about and feel comfortable socializing with other people. I try to hang out with more introverted guys but they don't respond much more than more social guys. Just not sure what to do because I don't want to be alone all of college and don't want to look online for companionship.
>>
File: 1441221279200.png (211 KB, 1700x958) Image search: [Google]
1441221279200.png
211 KB, 1700x958
>>29134770
> I'm not overweight but I have a horse face and a large frame
5 years ago, you would have ended up alright. Now though... with all the transgenderism in the media, the number of MtF transsexuals has skyrocketed. I usually assume a woman with an ugly face and broad frame is a MtF transwoman.

>don't want to look online for companionship.
why not? it's super easy to get dates/hookups online for women. all you need to do is create a profile and people will send you messages. If you are worried about "getting too many messages", or getting too many "hey, sup?" messages; then just brows profiles and send a message yourself (with the knowledge that you're much more likely to get a response than guys who message first).
>>
>>29134932
I just don't get approached at all and if what you say is true it's scary to think that the guys I approach might think I'm a transsexual.

I'm just nervous to think about meeting a guy on a dating site. At school there's some level of accountability as far as your age, who you say you are and whether you're in a relationship or single.
>>
>>29135101
Do the approaching yourself of shut your cockhole, cunt.

Welcome to our world.
>>
>>29134770
could you give us examples?
like, one of your convos
>>
>>29134770

Quite frankly it's probably because of the surge in trans shit like >>29134932 said. Have you tried approaching guys yourself? Especially since you say you're hanging with more introverted guys. They might be interested and you'd never know it because >introverted
>>
>>29135442
>>29135488

I approached there guys before, two of which were people I was acquainted with and one someone I've seen around my dorm but didn't personally know.

With the one I didn't know it went something like this:

>Hey, I've seen you around sometimes, what's your name?
>Oh, hi, ______ what's yours?
>Anon. Do you want to get a meal sometime this week?
>Sorry, well I don't know, I'm really busy this week
>Oh, sorry about that! I can do breakfast sometime too if that works for you
>I'll check and let you know, what's your phone number?
>I give him the #
>Cool, see you around

Never got a text message or a call, and he tries to not say anything more than hi when we pass by each other these days.

With the two guys I knew it went like this:

>Hey _____ do you want to go into town on Saturday, the forecast says it'll be a nice day
>Ok cool how about we get mutual acquaintance to come with us?
>I think it would be really cool if we can go just you and me
>Ok well how about we get lunch in ___ then (huge dining hall where tons of people are sitting all around)
>>
>>29135817
There may be something to this. Whenever someone approaches me entirely out of the blue saying they want to chat or do something, I immediately get suspicious and just avoid then.
>>
>>29135817
Oh wow, haha. Getting shot down hard. You sound pathetic. Guys like girls that are hard to get. If a girl has to actually go around looking for a date, then yeah there's something wrong with her

Do you have a nice butt at least?
>>
>>29135876
Yeah, pretty much this.

>>29135817
I will give my opinion, since you don't have a easy time getting guys, focus on your wife material skills. No, I'm DEAD SERIOUS. If you are not overweight and you are a kind girl who knows how to do something at home or for your "future" guy you are pretty much set already.

Heck, you don't even need to be really good at wife-material-skills, you just need to do the basic and tons of guys will overlook your face just for the sake of being with a cute girl, don't believe me? Look at r9k.

(don't work if you are EXTREMELY ugly which I think it's not the case.)
>>
>>29135817

For the one you didn't know, I agree with >>29135876 desu. As an introvert, I'd be a little suspicious myself. My boss tried to send me on a blind date once with a girl she knew and I immediately was suspcious, and she's my freakin boss. You'll have to be persistent next time if you're really interested, probably befriend first. Every single relationship I've had started as friendship for at least a few weeks before I moved further.

For the two you know, I don't know what to tell you. Maybe they're just not really into it, maybe you need to be more blunt. Guys are used to being friendzoned sometimes, and the idea of ever getting out doesn't even cross their mind unless you beat them over the head with it.
>>
>>29135983
I almost forgot, women today are competing with another men too.

See >>29134932
>>
>>29135876
I see, I guess that makes sense. Do you have any ideas? The guys I asked were people who usually keep to themselves so it's a little hard to tell exactly what they're thinking and even harder to ask.

>>29135969
I thought they would like if a girl wanted to hang out with them. I think the two guys I knew are kind of disillusioned with women and don't have much interaction with them.

My body looks pretty average. Nothing really stands out as being particularly nice or repulsive.
>>
>>29136151
I'd say approach with a legitimate icebreaker. Not just "Hi, I wanted to talk with you more." If he's reading something, talk about what he's reading etc.

That's just me speaking for myself though. Results may vary. You may already be trying that too and I'm just not aware.
>>
>>29136007
I see. I only ever had one friend who was a guy, and we were working together on some projects so talking on the job felt natural. The rest are girls. What can you suggest for taking a step from acquaintance to friend when it comes to guys? If I know a girl from class or from my dorm then I feel like we can become friends if we hang out but so far I've struck out when trying the same thing with guys.

>>29135983
I wouldn't have any problem with cooking and cleaning and being supportive. I think those are relatively easy things. I do want to find a career so that maybe I have enough money later to start a family.
>>
>>29136353

Every single girl I've befriended has been either through here talking then exchanging emails/skypes, or through common interests (mostly playing vidya together because I play with pretty much anyone) so if just hanging out isn't working then there has to be something else going on and I would need more info. It really can vary from person to person. One girl I dated, she apparently started falling for me when we were playing vidya together one night with a couple other guys, her friend that invited her/introduced us was being bad and scapegoating on her, and I get fed up with it and just chewed him the fuck out yelling for a good couple minutes solid. I saw her as kind of a "little sister" friend for the longest time, but she got me on my own and hung out/talked with me 1 on 1 for a good month or two before kind of confessing and that was that. I have to admit the first week she started trying to talk to only me in private I was kind of suspicious and didn't know what to expect, but she just treated me like a friend and progresed it from there. We just talked plainly and shit not even real flirty.

I'd stay to listen to your story and offer more specific advice but I have to be awake in 5 hours for work. I'll check a bit more before I go though.
>>
>>29136353
There you have it. By the way, do you attend some kind of regular event? You actually make friendships in these events? Do you show people your good points when you are talking with them?

I'm asking because I heard a long time ago that the best way to know people is to do some kind of activity, classes or something else, everything, since you are actually making things together. I'm not a good and proper member of society, but I made a few friends just by going to gym. So maybe doing more activities is a good thing. After this, as I said, just show them that you are actually different from some bitches out there and there is a high probabilty that a guy will settle for you.

Be happy, 10/10 guys settle for land whales. I believe in you anon.
>>
>>29134770
Nah you are fucked, as a girl being born ugly is a death sentence. What people don't realize is that men rate 80% of girls as attractive while girls rate 80% of men ugly
If you are attracted to 8 out of 10 girls you see you won't go anywhere near the other two
Meanwhile an ugly man can still get money or something else, granted it's tougher nowadays and nothing replaces a manly face but there are ways to get better
>>
>>29136627
I'm sad to say that I don't really have anything like that. Next year is my second year of college so I might try to get into some of these activities. I thought I would do that as soon as I got to college but I think my self consciousness was too overwhelming. It's hard because I don't really have much passion for anything other than what I'm studying and I think that having that passion is what enables me to move past my insecurity.

>>29136579
Thank you for your story. Maybe I've been taking myself too seriously when it comes to talking with guys. I hope I can meet somebody who I can let my guard down around like that.

>>29136668
I didn't think about that side of the coin., I always see guys on here say that all or almost all girls can easily find a partner. It didn't really occur to me that that meant the ones who couldn't were in a special, rock-bottom league of their own.
>>
pics or not true
>>
>>29136885
You will actually find someone that loves you, that's true when you're a female

Of course, you must aim at lower average males, not fucking Chad you dumb roastie
>>
>>29136885
You need to try, just try. Don't talk until you tried.

>>29137002
>You will actually find someone that loves you, that's true when you're a female

Based.
>>
>>29134770
I like horse faced girls.
Show us your face OP
>>
>>29134770
The way I see it OP is you might be a little too forward and t catches these dudes off guard. You best plan is to maybe invite them along when you are going to hang with your friends or something. Get them around your group talk to the person and let them open up and have a good time then afterward or once the initial awkwardness wears off find a way to get some alone time with the dude and chat and take it from there. They might be more comfortable hanging out with you if it's a group setting and since they probably only know you well enough they'll tend to stick with you unless they're social butterflies or whatever
>>
>>29134770
>>>29135817
> Guys like girls that are hard to get.

apparently your life experience is based on watching romantic comedies.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.