[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nightly Mental Illness Discussion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 8
File: 1465324188803.png (44 KB, 658x662) Image search: [Google]
1465324188803.png
44 KB, 658x662
>tfw I posted a thread today about how my psychologist appointment was cancelled because he killed himself
>6 people respond

I just want more people to be aware of how great he was.
>>
Never got that from my therapists.
>>
I'm sure he was amazing
>>
>>29135305
this desu

o-reg-e-no
>>
hey I am sorry dude god hates all humans who waste their life trying to help others instead of helping themselves. Individualism is the only solution
>>
>>29134622
Do you know the story behind his suicide, opie?
>>
>>29134622
At least it sounds like he was a good therapist. I never particularly liked mine.
>>
>>29134622
Hey my therapist killed himself too!

Lets be friends
>>
I killed myself once
>>
File: 264.png (473 KB, 533x800) Image search: [Google]
264.png
473 KB, 533x800
>>29134622
Did you think he believed in god?
Most likely in hell
>>
>>29135337
maybe he had social anxiety disorder
>>
File: 1439139308342.jpg (61 KB, 540x429) Image search: [Google]
1439139308342.jpg
61 KB, 540x429
>Talking to a therapist
>Talking to anyone ever
>>
he could have been a nigger
>>
File: 1465354595843.jpg (38 KB, 308x446) Image search: [Google]
1465354595843.jpg
38 KB, 308x446
tfw therapist never got to sex you
>>
File: 1463780145207.jpg (90 KB, 933x960) Image search: [Google]
1463780145207.jpg
90 KB, 933x960
>you will never form a suicide pact with your therapist
>>
Maybe instead of wasting your life on here you do something productive you worthless fuckwit.
>>
>>29135465
can i have your mom's phone number?
>>
I believe Hitler had good reasons
>>
God is a sadistic cosmic nigger who kekkles at the woe of his creations
>>
I WANT SUMMERFAGS TO LEAVE NOW
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Jm_eUQSYAk
>>
>>29134622
sorry to hear that senpai, lots of people go into those sort of professions like therapists and social workers because themselves have or had the issues that they're trying to solve with other people.

>>29135334
Nah, a middle ground is the answer. Back when I was a free-tibet free-palestine save-the-forests save-the-ocean fagola I was extremely miserable and always on edge because everything was big fucking deal. I turned 360 degress and walked away from that and became an edgy nihilist pissbox but then became depressed because it was just me by myself being all "oh no one understands me boohoo why can't the world be as important and wonderful as I am everyone else is the problem not me".
>>
i made a thread (>>29135408) but i'll ask here too
if you were going to hang yourself, where would you hang yourself from?
i need ideas
i live with my parents
thanks
>>
>>29134622
Sorry to hear that, bud.

I like my psychiatrist a lot, been seeing him for over a year now. Really nice guy. He's kind of like, I don't know how to put it, an old man you befriend in a bar.

My therapist, on the other hand is just as batshit crazy as I am. For fucks sake, she can't remember half the stuff I tell her each week and I have to repeat it at the next appointment.

Also, the therapist meme is real. She hasn't given me one concrete bit of advice that hasn't been along the lines of, "Have you tried doing X with Y/have tried doing less of X/jus b urself :D"

The only things that helps are meds or close friends and right now all I have are meds.
>>
>>29135663
Door handle
>>
>>29135530
Biblical truth.

"He who sits in the heavens laughs, The Lord scoffs at them." - Psalm 2:4
>>
>>29135663
Hmm...

Probably a bridge or somewhere similar. I don't have any hard anchor points in my house that I can myself from, unless you count tying a short rope around the door knob, then your neck and then just sitting down.
>>
>>29135737
>>29135750
the reason i'm cautious about the door handle thing is that i've read your body will go through convulsions sometime between blackout and death
my house's door handles are handles instead of knobs and i could easily knock the rope off during a convulsion and then i'd probably just have brain damage
i just want to hang myself how could this possibly be so complicated
>>
>>29135838
Hyperventilate for one minute first then noose up and sit down
You won't feel anything and will pass out in about thirty seconds
Shortly after, the pain is over for good
>>
>>29135667
what's the difference between a psychiatrist and a therapist?
>>
>tfw not sure whether to find the courage to go to the doctor and try to work things out or just give up and become an hero
>>
>>29134622
>mfw i thought about being a therapist after numerous people told me i should be one
never thought someone as fucked up as me should be responsible for fragile people's mental health
>mfw i won't become a therapist because i don't want to be a bad influence when/if i kill myself
>>
psychiatrist:
>has been through 4 years of undergrad, 4 years of medical school, and several years of residency, licensed physician, can prescribe medication
therapist:
>will talk to you about your feelings

psychiatrists are like 4 times the price though and you usually see them for like 20 minutes tops and then you're out the door
>>
>>29135926
go to the damn doctor.
>>
>>29134622
>Have psychologist appointment next week, first one ever, I think I'm getting misdiagnosed as ADHD because I listed some ADHD symptoms and the lady who scheduled it said I might have it
>I have massive mood swings, not monthly or weekly like Bipolar, but straight up hourly/daily.
>I'll the start the day feeling fine, and then suddenly it hits me like a truck - massive feelings of anxiety, depression, and suicidal thoughts.
>Sometimes it sticks and stays for weeks and then uplifts, leaving me with this calm, but irritable mood
I don't know what the fuck is wrong with me. And I'm starting to not care. Even when my depressive mood is gone, I still want to die, because I still see nothing in my future.

All I remain alive for is my family.
>>
>>29135884
Not him but a psychiatrist deals with the chemical side of mental afflictions and have a MD whereas therapists & psychologists deal with those issues with various exercises and analysis and have a PhD.

Also a psychiatrist is who you'd want to see if you want meds.
>>
>>29136008
"psychologist" usually implies a PhD but a "therapist" has jack shit
>>
Have to explain to my out patient pdoc why I tried to kill myself over the weekend tommorow.

The only reason is because I was bored. I've been bored for months. I have schizophrenia and cannot find the motivation to do anything but sit here on 4chan all the time.I used to have hobbies but can't be bothered with them anymore. Yet, I'm bored. I can't force myself to do things, it's just as boring as not doing them. So I tried to hang myself but it didn't work, so i took an overdose of my pills but apparently it wasn't even toxic.

I don't really want to die, I just want to stop being bored. Could the meds be causing this? If I refused them, could they force me back into the hospital?

They didn't even put me back in there for the shitty suicide attempt. I don't think they took it seriously because it was so pathetic.
>>
>>29135938
(good) therapists will have a PhD though.

If your problems are mental and emotional, rather than simply chemical then you'd need a therapist, and of course a lot of psychiatrists are just glorified legal drug peddlers.

Not saying that one is worse or better than the other, but nails are best used with a hammers and screws are best used with a screwdriver. It's a matter of finding if you have nails or screws to deal with.
>>
>>29136008
>>29136037
i thought i read before that they both had long schooling. but psychiatrist had a Phd and could prescribe meds
asking because i thought about being a therapist once, because it has less schooling and is more interesting of the two to me.
never really understood why there are two when they're so similar
>>
>>29136037
see:
>>29136077

there are meme therapists for sure, but there's also psychiatrists who get paid "seminars" by Pfizer to treat anything and everything with pills.
>>
I am going back to the hospital tonight for prodromal schizophrenia
It really does fucking suck living like this.
Schizophrenia is not fun and it's not cool to be like this either.
>>
>>29136101
Yeah not all therapists have a PhD, and a psychiatrist doesn't have a PhD but rather a MD or DO.

psychiatry is about chemical imbalances and the science of that.
>>
>>29136077
>(good) therapists will have a PhD though.
eh. i find it completely impossible to predict who will be a good therapist. my current one merely has the ms and she's very good. my last one was a psychologist who was less than useless.
>>
File: 570156564.jpg (1 MB, 2424x2408) Image search: [Google]
570156564.jpg
1 MB, 2424x2408
>>29135372
Hello chum! Nice cunny posting
>>
>>29136159
>. i find it completely impossible to predict who will be a good therapist.

Aren't they rated on Yelp or the Tripadvisor equivalent of doctors and therapists?
>>
>>29136077
that's a fucking great analogy anon
>>29136152
i see. yeah, not into psychiatry at all then. thanks guys
>>
>>29136152
>psychiatry is about chemical imbalances and the science of that.
it's about psychiatric disorders.

if tomorrow they found there were no consistent "chemical imbalences" or other brain patterns associated with depression symptoms (still a live possibility) depression would not suddenly cease to be within the purview of psychiatry
>>
>>29136208
>Aren't they rated on Yelp or the Tripadvisor equivalent of doctors and therapists?

yeah but the people who write those reviews are crazy and probably fussy and badly educated
>>
>>29135518
>those wet glans
>>
>psychiatrist wants to try upping lamigdol dosage to 225, then 250

I'm sure it won't matter much...right?
>>
>>29136366
enjoy your stevens-johnson syndrome
jk it'll be fine, lamictal is a mild drug as long as your skin doesn't start falling off you won't notice many other side effects (i take 200mg but people go up to 800 for epilepsy)
>>
>>29135993
Seriously what the fuck mental disorder is this?
>>
>>29135993
It's bipolar mixed states. >>29136425
>>
>>29136425
not everything is a classifiable "mental disorder"
it's probably just emotional stress caused by a degenerate lifestyle
>>
>>29136425
Bpd

Original thing I say Deutschland
>>
>>29136467
Can traditional bipolar medication treat it? I'm still worried about what that one lady said about me having ADHD. I don't think ADHD medication is for me.
>>
>>29136475
>Bpd
Borderline Personality Disorder?
Any meds I can use to help me treat it? says here the traditional treatment is therapy, but I'm VERY skeptical about therapy. I just don't want to waste my time on shit that won't work. I think I'm better off just killing myself.
>>
>>29136482
If you're bipolar and they put you on adderall it will be a hilarious ride.

And the answer is maybe. Might have to stay in the hospital for awhile till they find something that works.
>>
>>29136518
i met some girl in a mental hospital who was taking adderall, seroquel, an ssri, klonopin, and an antipsychotic, all of this daily
i think that most psychiatrists don't give a shit what people have and give them meds just so they'll shut the fuck up and get out of their office
>>
>>29136165
Top hat?
>>
>>29136578
I had to lie in order to get released. To claim that the meds are helping.

I think they started helping later on though. I don't hear demons anymore but my family still says I act crazy, so idk.
>>
>>29136578
>adderall, seroquel, an ssri, klonopin, and an antipsychotic
Were they the mental equivalent of a vegetable, anon? Being on so many meds must have been horrible.
>>
>>29136833
That is actually very common in the hospital. At my largest amount of meds, I was on: ativan, seroquel (bed time), haldol, remeron, zoloft, valproic acid, propanalol and risperidone, daily. My current psychiatrist was like "what the fuck" when I got released and took me off most of them. Now I'm just on propanalol and abilify. Ativan and haldol is gold standard for acute psychosis though, everyone was on the combination in my ward.
>>
>>29136518
What will happen when I'm on adderall? My father was on adderall and it turned him into an angry horrible human being.

Honestly I'm still thinking suicide would be better. I just wanna fucking quit.
>>
>>29137184
It would probably be a lot of fun. Mania tends to be pretty great.
>>
>>29137202
Will I just go fucking crazy then? Get locked up?
>>
>>29137219
Not necessarily. You won't know untill you try.
>>
Therapist is slightly concerned that I might be Prodromal Schizo.

Here's the problems

>He's hesitant to start testing because I've made it seem like a diagnosis of that disorder is catastrophic and destroying to me, so he's worried about what the effects of the knowledge might have on me if he was wrong

I'm actually a little worried. I don't wanna be schizo, I don't, but I'm worried familia.
>>
>>29137289
Think about this way, you have like 100% chance to get on neet bux.
>>
>>29135620

uhh isn't 360 degrees a full circle
>>
>>29135663
do something completely badass like jump out of an airplane or off a cliff. It would be so awesome to have your last moments be an insane adrenaline rush
>>
>>29137341
>>29137341
Can't. I'm a collegefag and professional journalist.

I'm going through a shit rough time right now.
>>
Bumparino fambino
>>
File: 1460176604772.jpg (662 KB, 1888x1280) Image search: [Google]
1460176604772.jpg
662 KB, 1888x1280
>tfw schizoid
>tfw not a mental illness but destroys your life anyway
>tfw want to be there for people but i don't care
>tfw can justify emotion-based action but don't have the emotion to do it
>tfw had gfs and always broke it off a short while later because nothing they said mattered and i couldn't be fucked to visit with them
>tfw was only satisfying sexual desire anyway
>tfw stopped wanting gf and stopped wanting sex
>tfw everything and everyone is an intellectual puzzle i figure out and then stop caring about
>tfw try to act out with drugs and alcohol but i don't feel enough to get any satisfcation
>tfw wrote a suicide note and cared so little that i went to watch anime instead
>tfw only things i do consistently are study and play vidya
>tfw am a walking robot with no directives
>tfw don't really feel anything

would ask for help or someone to talk to, but it's useless. i'd get bored.
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.