[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is it with normies and their obsession with work? I really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: 1465319023713.png (112 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1465319023713.png
112 KB, 500x500
What is it with normies and their obsession with work? I really dont understand it

I'm 20 years old and staying with my parents over the summer between semesters. I'm not going to glorify not working at all, but I work full time night shift at a factory as of now and I cant stand it. I've worked shitty jobs, but this really takes the cake. I brought up that I was planning on giving my 2 weeks notice this Friday and my Mom threatened to kick me out for being a lazy shit despite the fact I have a part time job lined up starting in mid-July. She said I was putting "3 or more weeks to fucking waste" because I wouldnt have a job for about that amount of time. I have almost no expenses at all and I just dont see the need for a full time job all summer. I have gone through just a little over $30 since the summer started. I brought this up and she said the time I spend playing video games, going for walks, etc is time I could be using for making money and building a resume.

Anyways this thread isn't just a platform for me to bitch on, but it's more just a question about how fucking weird this mentality is to me. Can someone explain it?
>>
i can only assume normies hate working just as much as robots but for whatever reason they put up with it their whole life so when they see others not working like they did it makes their blood boil, somewhat understandably. humans have an innate sense of fairness, as do many species.
>>
That's just how the world works anon. If you don't want relationships or to work every day then you might as well off yourself now
>>
>>29134261
Maybe their actual lives are so empty that their identity builds on their job- and being-useful-stuff?
>>
They all talk about it because its all they do.
>>
File: 1464545937878.gif (463 KB, 500x532) Image search: [Google]
1464545937878.gif
463 KB, 500x532
>>29134320
Makes sense I guess. Still fucking stupid
>>29134336
I lived in an apartment last year and worked full time at a decent job. I have no reason to at the moment though, so i dont get why I absolutely need to work 40+hrs a week
I'm really cheap and still have a ton of leftover cash because I never buy anything
>>
Normies don't have interest like collecting figures and watching cartoons. So their interest becomes work.
>>
File: barchart.png (102 KB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
barchart.png
102 KB, 1920x1280
It's not really an obsession: I guess once you get opened up to buying nice shit, you appreciate that stuff more and want to get more of it. I was just told I couldn't work 7 days a week because i'm a minor, and It actually sucked. I want to get like 45 hours in.
>>
>>29134632
Now this is some autism
>>
Parents kicking out their children at age 18 is a very american thing to do. Classic European way of things is generations living in the same home.
>>
>>29134705
>Classic European way of things is generations living in the same home
Maybe in mediterranea, but definately not in central or northern european countries.
>>
>>29134705
That includes putting people in retirement homes, that's just plain barbaric. In Europe they care about family a lot more.
>>
>>29134800
well those are just barbaric countries
>>
>>29134823
Yeah okay Giovanni have fun wiping your great-grandfather's ass.
>>
>>29134886
I never experienced that, a body working keeps being able to wipe their own arse. Body starts to degrade the second it stops working
>>
>>29134336
>normie logic
There's more to life than sex and money you stupid brain dead fuck
>>
Never tell your parents anything that breaks established norms for success, OP. Normies hate that. You should just grind it out and put in your two weeks before your new job starts.
>>
Im so tired of working i rather get myself in jail
>nice routines
>healthy food
>exercise
>studying
>community of people dont feel alone
>>
If you have another job lined up, your mom is just being a cunt. Ask her if she's gone through menopause yet.
>>
>>29135172
Buttfuck tho, man
>>
>>29135172
>>community of people dont feel alone
Rather be alone than be surrounded by niggers and other awful people all day,
>>
I wonder if people like op's mom ever realize that time is actually our most valuable commodity, since you can ever only lose and not get more of it, unlike money.
>>29135172
You get most of that out of military, without being total waste of air.
>>
>>29134261
I know that feel anon
>going into junior year of college
>substantial savings from previous job in investment accounts
>just enrolled in gym and getting good summer gains
>also swimming a lot
>mom constantly yelling at me to get a job

fucking gains goblins

fuck her, my health is 1000x more important than a meager summer job
>>
>>29134599
i'm a robo-wagecuck

i play video games and drink whenever i'm off work. work pays my bills, and also for beer and vidja.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.