[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who here has experienced pic related? How are you now?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 7
File: 1465106125708.png (34 KB, 700x471) Image search: [Google]
1465106125708.png
34 KB, 700x471
Who here has experienced pic related?
How are you now?
>>
Bumping because I feel like this would be me if I stopped being the guy in the top left.
>>
>>29133430
Kinda do this in cycles except I'm always fit thanks to my hobby.
>>
File: pepe-book.jpg (49 KB, 416x700) Image search: [Google]
pepe-book.jpg
49 KB, 416x700
Never fall for the friends meme anon you'll only fell worse
>>
>>29133430

I got a gf and a place, lost contact with people because I just didn't care gained weight and going through the process a 2nd time
>>
Done it multiple times now. Grass will always look greener and if your unhappy with your life you probably always will be.
>>
>>29133430
Me
I've worked on getting over my depression and coming to peace with the universe and all that mumbo jumbo and am fine with being alone 95% of the time now. I drown out any shitty feelings I have with alcohol usually.
>>
>lost 75 pounds
>urge to kill myself is about ten times higher
>only keep up the weight loss because my appetite is dead
>>
Pic related is a lie told by lazy faggots who never actually got hot.

Also, the "they didn't like me when I was a piece of shit" mentality is stupid.
>>
No, I can only relate to the first panel.
>>
>>29133430
Yes this kinda happened, I'm more okay with being alone now. I occasionally meet with acquaintances but I have no consistent social group or even a close friend. Feels okay man
>>
>>29133689
Shut up /fit/fag these are dudes who got the muscles and the women but are still unhappy because they realise the problem is their own mindset.
>>
File: 1419921553861.jpg (26 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
1419921553861.jpg
26 KB, 460x276
>having friends

Why is Op such a faggot?
>>
>>29133689
>they didn't like me when I was a piece of shit
I dunno brah, I had horrible acne I couldn't control in Middle school/High school and I was treated like shit, and then after it clears up it turns out I have a really decent face, and bitches I knew pretend I should give them the time of day now.
>>
>>29133508
This is me. I've totally lost contact with people since moving in with gf. I managed to catch up last month with some old friends (another couple) I hadn't seen in two years and they were the same
>>
Kind of. It is like that sometimes but when I'm with a girl who likes me it's like walking on heaven. It's definitely worth living a lie and dealing with normies.
>>
>>29133689
Please project more.
>>
>>29133540

What neither side looks particularly green and its all just brown and dead?
>>
>>29133689
I used to be a manlet and literally no girls were attracted to me. None! I started hanging upside down by my legs four hours a day every day for two years just so I could get a fucking girlfriend. Now I'm 6'1" and whenever a female takes an interest in me I feel this physical revulsion come over me, because I know she wouldn't have liked me three years ago when I was 25.

I'll proudly cross the threshold into wizarddom soon enough.
>>
File: IMG_20160528_031142.jpg (45 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160528_031142.jpg
45 KB, 640x480
I've gone through that cycle. Girls will check me out and I'll think about how shallow they are for liking me now, but at the same time like it. I've been part of normie groups where some topic will come up where they all take the opportunity to show how outraged and offended they are, and I've gotten tired of playing along and shocked them by outsider/degenerate/nihilist opinion. Now that I'm done with college I suspect it's back to outsider status
>>
File: rust.png (909 KB, 1279x715) Image search: [Google]
rust.png
909 KB, 1279x715
>>29133430
I did.
Lost a lot of weight like 4 yrs ago and started going out more

>"are you new? i've never seen you before"
top kek

I had friends, but i felt like i could never fit in. When i was with them i kept asking myself "why am i even here?". I personally think this place changed my mindset which explains i couldn't find joy or happiness with them.

Then i had a good friend like a really good friend which i could talk with, but it abandoned me. fuck that

Later I realized that you're way better alone. People pretend they care about you, but that's just a lie. They'll always let you down.

But well, that's just me .
>>
>>29133889
how short were you before?
>>
I did this once, reverted back.

After highschool I went NEET for about two years. It got boring and miserable, I got fatter, was addicted to CoD etc. Decided I wanted a job, got hired at a truckstop. Worked my ass off, networked with the drivers into a job at a warehouse as an order selector where my pay was based on my performance. Worked hard, got paid really good money ($30+/hr) and lost a bunch of weight, ended up being somewhere around 15% body fat at 180lbs. Was still beta as fuck with women.

Still wasn't happy. The job left me broken down more or less every day, was working nights which meant I was always sleep deprived when hanging out with friends. I injured my back and decided to take it easy, ended up leaving a few months later and enrolling in college. Gained all the weight back. Graduated with really high grades and now I'm a fat engineer.

I'm still unhappy, but I feel my job acts as a source of validation, much more than previous ones. The last picture is definitely true. I'd have friends who would tell me women are hitting on me and eyeing me, but I was still a beta/wojak incarnate, so I never did anything about it. It's all I really knew.
>>
>>29133994
5' 7"

I got muted for 2 seconds original
>>
>>29133489
This.
I hate both these worlds and can go from one to the other with extreme ease. Both worlds have pros and cons but also both can become tiring fast so I change every time I get bored. The only constant is that I don't have sex.
>>
>>29133430
I've experienced this several times, it is like a vicious cycle. I never have a shot at getting a gf anyways so I don't know why I even bother. I'm currently back to mostly being a shut in, I mostly just leave to run errands or go to school or work.
>>
>>29133430
i feel you op. just moved to a new city and i dont have a single friend here nor family sometimes it feels like i was just born to be unhappy
>>
Was fat then thin, now going for a more muscular body, desu anon I got girls in all my stages yet I've never been able to mantain a relationship or connection longer than a day.
The thing is that doing some kind of fisical work gives you a relief and lets dopamine flow.

With all this being said a good looking body does not compensate poor social skills (unless you are some kind of model).

So I guess this is it this is my life, I can try and get a girl with a lot of effort but she aint gonna stay more than a day or speak with me more than a week.
>>
>>29134052
Some times I wonder anon, do we have bad social skills because genetics? parents? or just bad luck in regards of our life experience.

Makes you think.
>>
>>29134097

You managed to grow 6 inches by hanging by your legs?

Has a cure for manletism been found?
>>
>>29134097
no fucking way

give me your routine.

maybe I can grow an inch
>>
>>29134097
please share your secrets anon it could be a real game changer for me
>>
>>29134097
PLEASE RESPOND I DON'T WANT TO BE A MANLET
>>
>>29134097
im a fucking toad dude cmon share secret
>>
>>29133851
Consider suicide my man
tfw adding more text because robot only likes original endorsements of suicide
>>
I have a happy medium with both worlds. Play dark souls for like 5 hours, go to gym, hang out with gf and friends for rest of day. Some days are spent entirely in my room and some are spent sleeping over someone else's house. Don't force yourself to do something you don't want to. Video games aren't the problem.
>>
>>29134572
>>29134583
>>29134674
Why is everyone so short? 6'4"ft beanpole reporting in.
>>
>>29134738
Every day, man. Every day.

Running out of reasons.
>>
File: 1436931373196.png (280 KB, 527x671) Image search: [Google]
1436931373196.png
280 KB, 527x671
>>29134747
I also play ds and lift

just beat nito and four kings

everything in moderation
>>
You're doing it wrong, anons. You have to fix your personality first before you fix anything else.
>>
>years ago
>miserable
>decide to improve my life
>get in shape
>get a girlfriend
>figure out where I'm going in life
>get an education
>get a career
>get married
>have kids

>wake up one day and realize I'm even more miserable than I was before
>hate my job
>hate my house
>hate my minivan
>hate my clothes
>hate my wife
>kind of even hate my kids

I wish I could just go back to sitting in my dad's basement and play video games all day. Getting fit is the one thing I did that I don't hate.
>>
>>29135045
It can work both ways. Changing your appearance can change your personality and vice versa. Both need the same amount of motivation I think.
>>
>>29134097
damn look at all these idiots fucking kek
>>
>>29133430
Kind of. I feel disconnected from this world.
Getting fit makes me feel good though. At least I can appreciate my body and see the results of my dedication. Even though no one ever will
>>
yeah went through it. At least I got to develop a personality before I became attractive.
>>
>>29134572
>>29134583
>>29134674
>>29134682
>>29134722
>falling for this ancient /fit/ meme

I'm dying
>>
>>29133430
I have kind of

I'm going back and forth between having a social life and staying home and doing nothing.This picture really hits the nail on the head; going out is boring as fuck, normies crave the presence of others but it's all so superficial. I can't really explain it, but it's not like they enjoy the specific person, they rather enjoy the fact that multiple people are around them. For me it gets boring seeing the same people every weekend, especially if there isn't sex involved, so I'm taking myself out of the equation until I feel delusional enough to talk myself into hanging out with them and hopefully meeting some cute girl.
>>
>>29134052
We are the same. Trying to find ways to undo the inner wojak. Clearly we have the discipline to improve our lives. I watch Tyler from rsd nation on YouTube sometimes. I still don't go out or get girls but I think I can at least conceptualize thst some day I might be able to improve
>>
>>29133430
Fits me.
At first I has quite happy, but the pleasure of fitting in really only goes so far when all you actually have in common is the surface.
>>
>>29133489
Hunting women?
>>
File: katy perry firework.png (77 KB, 200x263) Image search: [Google]
katy perry firework.png
77 KB, 200x263
>>29133430
Me, except that was my life in reverse

>in b4 normo get out rooo

I was NEVER friends with normies, it was always with other loners and weirdos or vegans or goths or something else. Cyborgs, basically. Not quite robots since they have a social life but normies either because of their weird-ass beliefs and subculture.

Anyways, right around the time that I was 19 was me just -almost- becoming a normie, I had a girlfriend who wasn't a smelly metalhead or a punk or anything & she brought me into her circle of friends and we had dinners every now and then and we realistically would have moved in together if things kept moving ahead in that direction, but then threw everything away and started regressing.

Got into drugs at 20, found out about 4chan at 22 and dropped out of college, lost all contact with friends at 24, got into gaming at 26, got into anime at 29 and got fired from my job and became a NEET as well.

Honestly it's just out of the frying and into the other frying pan. Also because back then I was trying way too hard to be a normie like I would look at 20 year olds going to anime cons and LARPing with utter disdain like "oh wow look at those faggots having fun and being true to themselves, I'm going to pretend to be a hardcore anarchist some more".

I'm gonna find that perfect middle ground again.
>>
>mfw parents are both 6'
>for some reason I never ate and am 5'8"
IT HURTS
>>
Yup.
That pic sums up my college experience.
Had to learn that the hard way, but I also learned I should stop caring as much about other people's opinions and do what I want for a change.
>>
how do you guys cope with being socially inept? i have 1-2 friends that i knew irl vut they are in the military bow so i talk to them on akype some but now that im out of highschool i dont get to talk to many people. i sonetimes find myself carrying fantasy conversations in my head between me and someone else and then catch myself. i know that is super patheic but it happens
>>
That describes my life pretty well. I feel like my life is just a distraction from video games. I'm told I'm in a fight with my wife right now because we got into a shouting match two weeks ago, since she doesn't like me playing video games because apparently fun is for children and women who don't have to work for a living. All I know is it means she isn't talking to me which is a nice change of pace.
>>
>>29135603
If you have a particular hobby or interest, just follow that. You'll find other like-minded people.
>>
I've been in both places and felt the same way both times. Being a failed normie is still slightly more satisfying overall, but I still don't know if it's worth the effort.

Getting fit is worth it on its own though, just to avoid the added self loathing of being disgusted at your own appearance.
>>
>>29133430
Laughed because this was exactly me. Oh, I did just clean my hair rather than get it all cut though. Now I'm back to being a NEET again. If you haven't tried this, you still should. I plan to keep trying, otherwise I may as well be dead.
>>
>>29135662
Fuck this normie platitude bullshit.

One of my interests is soccer. I have been going to soccer meet ups for over five years almost every weekend. I play in the games then when people do the small talk afterwards and exchange contacts sometimes I try to join in but I guess they cause just sense my awkwardness and it always goes nowhere. I try to keep the convo going yet I just get one word answers and awkward silence. Same thing when I used to do volunteering every week.

The "just put yourself out there bro" meme is bullshit if you're an awkward sperglord.
>>
>>29133733
Do you really believe they should have dated you when you yourself thought you were repulsive? If they were shitheads to you then don't date them. But you can never fault someone for not wanting to fuck an ugo
>>
>>29136986
What they're sensing is you don't ask them questions or call them to hang out because you're a sperg like the rest of us. You see them as rejecting you and they see you not caring when they don't make an effort to hang out. Making adult friends is hard.
>>
>>29133430
Depends on who the people are at the table. When they're my friends I feel really annoyed because they're so immature, but back when I was in cross country there were a few really cool girls and guys who I didn't know before, but I got to know them all and they were nice. The girls weren't stacies and the guys weren't chads, we just hung out and talked, it was nice. most of the time I'm guy on the left, except I take care of myself
>>
>>29133430
Did this in highschool. Became literally opposite of me all throughout highschool senior year. I got a job made some bank and got some flashy shit to make highschool kids cream. Became very popular and well known throughout the school and strangers began to call me their friend. It was glorious actually some of the things that happened it was like everything was coming full circle until I almost died and then shit got weird.
>>
>>29135436
>Neet at 30
Who takes care of you? How do you survive
>>
This is just generally how my life goes. I'll spend a fuckton of time alone, realize that I feel the need for some sort of real human connection, catch up with some old friends and make some new ones, feel suffocated by how often they want to do things and want me to participate in activities I don't give a shit about, and start spending a fuckton of time alone to start the cycle all over again. Making friends has never really been hard for me >inb4 REEEEEEE but making friends that I feel are worth keeping has. Like girls will only be friends with you if they feel like they can use you for something and guys will only be friends with you if they feel like you can help them get girls or they're beta autists who have given up on women completely.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.