[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a job interview Thursday for a warehouse job with UPS,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Bestseller.jpg (203 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
Bestseller.jpg
203 KB, 640x960
I have a job interview Thursday for a warehouse job with UPS, I'm pretty nervous about it because I feel like I'm going to be the youngest guy there. I'm only 23 and I feel like warehouses job are usually full of men in their 30's or 40's, I don't want them to show bias towards me because I'm younger. Obviously it's more of a robot job, at least I don't have to interact with the public and it's only for like four or five hours everyday.

I'm hoping it's a chill job, I don't know what exactly I'll be doing, Figured I'd be moving boxes and what not, if it's something like that then it shouldn't be a big deal for me.
>>
>>29131407
UPS jobs are horrible did the warehouse loading and unloading and I quit after a receiving my first paycheck, I was working when minimum wage was like at 7.50. I was over worked for shitty pay so I found something else. UPS stands for under payed slave.
>>
>>29131629
Well that's not encouraging to here, I'm hoping it was just that specific warehouse you worked at maybe had horrible workers/managers. I don't want to base my experience own one other person's experience, obviously other factors can be taken into consideration like the people you worked with, or perhaps the manager? I don't know, I'm just trying to stay positive.
>>
Old warehouse guys won't give a fuck as long as you have work ethic

They'll acknowledge you're bizarre and describe you as "weird" to other people but they won't really be dicks unless you're a slacker
>>
>>29131407
I've had warehouse jobs, and they're usually older guys, but there's always young guys too. Usually even a few high schoolers there for a summer job.
>>
>>29131407
I'm trying to get the same position but it's for FedEx
Fedex requires you to go to a "sort tour" where they tour you of the warehouse and tell you more about it and explain what exactly you'd be doing. (i think because a lot of people don't think it's worth the work since it's only 2-4 hours)
but it's a package handling job, and they already emailed me to come in for an interwiew after i did the tour. they told me that after they get my background check that they'd call me and i'd start
she said it would be today or next monday..
no call yet, so. but i'm nervous as well, mainly because i have flimsy neet arms and it's a very fast paced job.
my grandma had a similar position and said she hated it. sigh
>>
>>29132584
OP here, and holy fuck UPS is the same fucking way. I have to go and "Tour" the facility but it's also like a pseudo interview I imagine, I'm gonna treat it like an interview. I don't know what to expect, I figured if they like me they'll hire me but say I have to wait for the background or drug test to clear or something like that.
>>
>>29133771
yeah man, i was expecting to be told if i would be hired or not after the tour. but there were 5 other people that came for the tour, i didnt realize other people would be coming.
so i had to come in again to have the interview and be told whether i'm hired or not
but good luck anon, it might not be the best job but it's the only thing i can get. so i'm hoping for the best
>>
>>29133879
Damn, 5 other people showed up for the tour? I figured I'd be the only one, that makes me think I'll be apart of a group now. Goddamn it, when I got done filling out the application online it said I had to schedule an appointment and I just picked the next appointment date, which was Thursday at 6:30 am. So does that mean everyone who shows up will a potential hire for the position? Oh well, I guess I'll find out Thursday.
>>
>>29131407

There's an opening at UPS for this exact position in my area too. Are you in New England?
>>
Have fun unloading trucks.

Be sure to get you a good pair of box handling gloves, otherwise your hands will be dead from moving freight and having shit slammed into your hand all day.
>>
Hopefully you are getting the sorter job and not cargo unloader. It's half the work and pays 3 dollars more per hour.
>>
>>29134277
I'm in Texas lol
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.