[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do anti-depressants actually work or are they just some jewish
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: tommy-lee-jones-batman4ever-1.jpg (57 KB, 533x358) Image search: [Google]
tommy-lee-jones-batman4ever-1.jpg
57 KB, 533x358
Do anti-depressants actually work or are they just some jewish scam?
Will they kill my creativity or something like that?
i wake up wanting to kill myself, feeling completly hopeless eveyday, but i realize my life isnt that bad.
Now im feeling fine but earlier i was phisically feeling depression spreading in my brain.
>>
>>29130246
Everything is a jewish scam.
Everything.
>>
>>29130265
ok but will this scam make my brain stop fucking with me?
>>
There is no simple answer, because the way people react to psych meds, especially antidepressants, is very personal and subjective.

If you go to the websites where people talk about their experiences with different prescription meds, you'll notice enormous variations between what people say about the same antidepressant -- one poster will say "The people who put this on the market should be arrested!" and another will say the same med allowed him to enjoy life for the first time. Presumably, both are telling the truth about their experiences. The effects, both good and bad, vary from person to person.

One good clue: If an antidepressant worked effectively for someone who is a blood relative of yours, it is more likely to be effective for you also.
>>
>>29130246
>Do anti-depressants actually work or are they just some jewish scam?
They work in the sense that you feel better. They don't cure you. The point is to get you hooked and addicted so that you keep paying - it's a business.

I wouldn't risk the side effects for temporary improvement.
>>
They'll kill your libido.
>>
>>29130407
They worked for my mom, but she was also taking low doses of benzos
I was taking benzos in 2015 too
Arent antidepressants supposed to be long term? Are you telling me i will have to live with this bullshit all my life?
>>
[Contd.] But it is definitely worth trying. If you wake up wanting to kill yourself, you have absolutely noting to lose. But you may have to try several meds before finding the one that makes you feel the most comfortable in your own skin.
>>
>>29130601
It is already pretty dead
>>
zoloft reduced my anxiety by a lot and took the edge off my depression
been on them for a year now and it helped me build the confidence i need to get better without the use of meds

good luck anon
>>
>>29130661
Any side effects?
Did you take some kind of therapy + the meds?
>>
>>29130619
Some people find they can use antidepressants relatively short term. I'm not one of them -- I've taken one for 18 years.

I have always been a depressive person -- I can remember feeling as a small child that I was less than other people, and that the good things in life were for others, not for me. No one had ever told me this -- I have no explanation for this feeling, except for the fact that my brain doesn't work right.

I have to limit my doses because of cognitive side effects -- if I took the dose which would make me most comfortable, I have memory problems and brain fog.
>>
>>29130246
antidepressants can work real wonders but it can take quite some time to find the right meds that work for you. If you got the chance definitely give it a try and don't give up if the first meds don't work like you expected them to do. Give it time and test it out until you find the right ones for you.
>>
>>29130741
they killed my libido and made it difficult for me to fall asleep, that's about it
and nah i didn't go to therapy
>>
>>29130769
>I can remember feeling as a small child that I was less than other people, and that the good things in life were for others, not for me. No one had ever told me this -- I have no explanation for this feeling
same
in my case i also used to feel scared of death and stuff like that, and i was like 5-6 y/o
At what age did you staredt taking them?
>>
Here is an excellent essay on depression and treatment, which touches on the question of whether antidepressants stifle creativity:

https://www1.udel.edu/anthro/ackerman/depression.pdf

And here's a quote:

" Recent research has made the fight against depression especially compelling. Depression is associated with brain disorganization and nerve-cell atrophy. Depression appears to be progressive -- the longer the episode, the greater the anatomical disorder. To work with depression is to combat a disease that harms patients' nerve pathways day by day.
Nor is the damage merely to mind and brain. Depression has been linked with harm to the heart, to endocrine glands, to bones. Depressives die young -- not only of suicide, but also of heart attacks and strokes. Depression is a multisystem disease, one we would consider dangerous to health even if we lacked the concept ''mental illness.''

This author has said elsewhere that he has observed a tendency in depressive people to self- sabotage, as if the patient was trying to create a shitty life for themselves to match their shitty mood. I know this has been true of me at various times in my life.
>>
>>29130927
I started taking them when I was 40. When I was 40, I had already been away from alcohol and drugs for years, had done years of therapy, prayer and meditation, etc. Then after doing all this, I went into a major depression. That made it obvious to me that a lot of my problems were neurological, not emotional or spiritual. I started taking an antidepressant and felt better within a week.
>>
It's my 3rd day taking sertraline/zoloft, My body feels like shit, sleep is fucked, my hearts beating irregularly and my dick as no sensitivity.

Weirdest thing is that im feeling heavily detached from reality, i spent 20 minutes of a therapy session staring at a wall and most of the day looking at nothing,
>>
>>29131109
This. Just go get some fresh fucking air you nu-male pussy.

The cure to depression is growing some fucking balls, and doing some fucking exercise.

I used to be depressed (lt was so bad I didn't go clubbing for like a week), but I fucking cured it by going for a jog, and breathing some good air.

There's no fucking excuses.
>>
>>29131216
>please respond
oc
>>
>>29130949
>This author has said elsewhere that he has observed a tendency in depressive people to self- sabotage, as if the patient was trying to create a shitty life for themselves to match their shitty mood. I know this has been true of me at various times in my life.
Yeah this is completly true.
The other day i didnt feel like going to one of my classes because i was starting to feel low.
I went home, ate lunch an put on pijamas and i started thinking that this was probably going to give me more problems in the future and shit, and what an stupid decision i had made.
I ended up dressing up and going to the class anyways. It was a complete waste of time but i feel kind of proud.
>>29131109
Maybe i should try all of that too because im a lot younger (18)
But for what you are telling me, the feeling like shit even as a kid... idk
Fuck this is a really hard decision
>>
>>29131216
i've felt like that without taking meds
>>29131355
>(lt was so bad I didn't go clubbing for like a week)
kek
bad b8 son
>>
>>29131465
So did i but its getting worse.
>>
Most of them do nothing. Wellbutrin helps me a lot with depression, but it makes my mouth extremely dry. Neurontin is good for anxiety.
>>
>>29131355
>>37473826

kill yourself crossposting faggot
>>
>>29130246
It depends. Try them and see. They work for some people. They definitely do have tangible effects, but you may not get desirable effects.
>>
scientology is better than ssri's
>>
Currently taking Abilify and Venlafaxine myself. I'm surely not as depressed as I was when I wasn't on this shit. But I've become zombified so I don't think it's worth it in my case.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.