[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think every robot should see this movie. It's a perfect
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
I think every robot should see this movie. It's a perfect representation of this board.

Will you crack one day? will you kill one day?
>>
>>29129628
>robot before internet and only 3 channels on tv
>>
That's a great movie
>>
Robot bonus points: The whole movie is all playing out in his head.
>>
File: 1302039014337.jpg (23 KB, 302x287) Image search: [Google]
1302039014337.jpg
23 KB, 302x287
Movie is meant to disarm delusions of granduer. Which I love. It destroys the victim complex so many people on r9k have. No matter who you are, we all have thoughts of selfishness. Wether we deserve it or not should be based on how we control our own lives. It's not the fault of anyone else. We're alive, were breathing, and we do that not with the hammer but the scalpel. A little at a time.

The problem is patience takes willpower. And most people do not possess this.
>>
>>29130071
You have to consider that were talking about de Niro and that this is a fuggen movie
>>
>>29130202
It is a movie but why does the concept exist? as humans we notice patterns and this movie was obviously an idea thought by someone else.

They understood aspects of society. The theme is about being lonely. And what's not important is the ending but the journey to which he gets there. The more stupidly inept you are the more you feel like a society owes you. Most people just develop a victim complex and become selfish and ignorant. Where as some people develop a hero complex and think if they can obtain this one goal that the world would be better.(radical islam for example.) but that's not the point. The real reward for them is the violence. They want to feel alive and maybe even a little appreciated for the fine work they've done.

The ending is rather embracing of this fantasy. But the reality is much grimer. If you tried to do what he'd did you'd either be arrested or killed eventually and even if you did manage to live out your days as an old man/woman. You'd really just be in the same place you were years ago, empty, devoid of anything happy ect, because making actual progress takes time.
>>
File: 1464865894045.png (59 KB, 684x710) Image search: [Google]
1464865894045.png
59 KB, 684x710
>mfw Travis talks describes his life during the narration.
>>
>>29130202
De Niro is actually assburger as fuck in real life though
>>
>>29130071

I guess you're not much for critical thinking. The whole point of the movie went flying over your head.
>>
>Will you crack one day? will you kill one day?
I guess if people would push me enough I would snap one day but I doubt that anyone would find the time to fuck with me enough for me to really snap.
Really great movie though.
>>
No. It has nothing to do with this board. The people here are generally normies/failed normies whose main concerns are normalshit things, such as a gf, social life, genes etc.

In Taxi Driver,Travis was more concerned with finding some sort of purpose to his own life, contrary to the normalfag belief that the movie was mainly about "loneliness". The main theme was, in fact, ennui. Travis himself makes a point to state his feelings about his current situation, making statements such as "All my life needed was a sense of someplace to go", or in scenes like the one where he asks Wizard for advice. His primary concern is providing justification for his own existence. That is the significance of the fact that he made no distinction between killing Palantine or killing the pimps. To him, they were nothing but a means with which to acquire meaning in his life. Travis is far different than the average r9k user.
>>
File: 1464471766607.png (69 KB, 557x605) Image search: [Google]
1464471766607.png
69 KB, 557x605
>>29130322
>the theme is about being lonely
"No"
See >>29131212
>>
>>29131212

The tfwnogf guys are not the majority. Most here are just sad bored autists. Instead of killing people they instead post about masculinity, Christianity, and the Benedict option.
>>
>>29131301
>the tfwnogf guys are not the majority
You're right. The guys who have sex and post "fembot" threads are.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.