[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Find out this morning that I'm getting just over $500k
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 443x332
>Find out this morning that I'm getting just over $500k from the police over something that happened last summer
>Wasn't even really looking for money and said this several times, just wanted them to rethink how they handle certain people and situations
>Officers who were involved technically didn't even do anything wrong
>Still getting $500k without even trying
>A cop who shoots and kills an innocent, unarmed black kid avoids all consequences and I'm getting $500k for a panic attack

I'm still happy about it (obviously) but I don't understand. Even my lawyer is confused. Why would they throw money at me like this?

Is this just what happens when you're white and have a problem with the police?
>>
Storytime famigo
>>
>>29129638
This.
>greentext it properly, friend
>>
>>29129638
I have PTSD from being in an abusive relationship. Last summer I went to this music festival and was (wrongly) pinned by a drug dog, they took me to this trailer for a search. I asked for a female officer but assumed they'd say no because I'm not a woman, which they did. Being in the little trailer with several men touching me made me panic. Can't actually remember much of what happened in the trailer but I ended up being hospitalized for a few weeks.
>>
>>29129818
Cheeky bait lass
>>
File: download.jpg (12 KB, 194x259) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
12 KB, 194x259
>>29129818
And was pic related present, OP?
>premise sounds familiar
>>
>>29129818
stop apologising for being fucking white

its got nothing to do it you giant wet blanket

you're well entitled to that money so stop complaining about the colour of your skin you giant self-racist
>>
>>29129818
Well, shit.

I'm glad you got your money, OP, but the comparison to other situations is definitely awkward.

In most of life, it's better to go through with the understanding that you deserve very little of what happens to you, good or bad. You get things through connections or inborn talents, or through circumstances that let you hone these talents and be accepted. You lose through similar circumstances also completely out of your control. Self-sabotage and self-improvement are both possible, but most of the universe you touch is a morass of semi-rational actors that rarely think of you, never mind consider your motives.

So, yeah, you don't deserve the money, really. Kid didn't deserve to get shot either. It's best to not make false merit-based statements here.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.