[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tee hee, I like TOTALLY have social anxiety guys >please
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 147
Thread images: 9
File: milk social anxiety.jpg (479 KB, 1124x769) Image search: [Google]
milk social anxiety.jpg
479 KB, 1124x769
>tee hee, I like TOTALLY have social anxiety guys
>please give me attention

Why do women do this?
>>
>>29128661
>please give me attention
You answered your own question right there, buddy.
>>
wtf i hate women now

blox
>>
Easy attention from lonely loser males who actually have social anxiety.
>>
>>29128661
She probably does have social anxiety (or at least did) but being a semi attractive female she still had people going out of their way to get to know her and they would be more accepting of any autistic shit she does since she has boobs. Easy to make guy friends that way and then guy friend can introduce you to girls in their circle then you have girl friends.

Shit I bet most of us would be much more functional and happy if we were treated like attractive girls. Imagine having a constant stream of people trying to befriend you and willing to ignore your flaws
>>
Ow my fucking brain
>>
>>29129737
>Imagine having a constant stream of people trying to befriend you and willing to ignore your flaws
If you have social anxiety, you wouldn't ever let yourself believe this.
>>
>>29128661
I have social anxiety diagnosed by a psychiatrist. I could easily do things like give a lecture to a room of 300 students, debate competitively, or cancel my cable subscription. I could even briefly pretend to have fun at a party and post images to social media, though being there would be tough.

But thanks for proclaiming your ignorance about the condition.
>>
>>29128661
They legitimately think they have "social anxiety" because they felt mildly awkward once at a party or something
>>
>>29129862
roastie detected

when robots say social anxiety they mean REAL social anxiety not baby pretend playtime
>>
>>29129656
>now

mkay, dude.
>>
>>29129903
It's a /tv/ meme you dip original
>>
>>29129862
Sounds like it's not an issue, so why even bother? No one should give a shit because you obviously don't have any kind of problem.
>>
>>29129862
What the fuck kind of sense does that make

>Yeah I'm scared of spiders but I keep thousands of spiders in my room as pets
>Not even in tanks or anything just running around crawling all over me and shit
>It's pretty chill
>I'm totally arachnophobia to the max tho trust me guys
>>
>>29129836
You would if you were given preferential treatment since middle school (puberty) which boosted your social status, ability to have friends, and constantly reinforced that you were special regardless of any flaws you had. Over time you'd begin to actually believe it because it keeps happening. Shit that's like ideal CBT without even realizing it. Although then she only has previously had social anxiety and her recent posts are attention whoring.

I guess I got a bit off topic. Just sucks knowing how much easier attractive girls have it.
>>
>>29129862
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha yeah hahahahaha oh shit hahahahaha
>>
You know what sucks? Over time if shit like this keeps happening the definition of social anxiety will change to mean the sort of stuff these normies are doing.
>>
>>29130184
It's okay anon, we'll all be dead by then
>>
>>29129862

What do you think of people with the condition who almost have a panic attack over even imagining answering or talking to someone over the phone?
>>
>>29128661
Social anxiety and agoraphobia are two different things. Plus like most things, there is a spectrum.

Also, could be the layman usage of social anxiety, not the clinical usage (which actually has a determination of generalized or non-generalized).

People respond to different things differently, and don't always experience it the exact same as you.

Plus, the social media face is very easy to fake by anyone. And wigs and costumes are a coping mechanism/security blanket.

Who knows what her deal really is with so little info. Doesn't do much good to hate people obsessively who appear to have it better than you.

http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/disorder/

>>29129737
^Has a point too.
>>
>>29130332
This is retarded. Social anxiety should mean you have ANXIETY in SOCIAL SITUATIONS. What the fuck is the point of diagnosing someone with SOCIAL ANXIETY if they have no problem with social situations?
>>
>>29130362
People have unique brains and chemistry, as well as unique experiences and history. Language sucks at explaining things and sometimes causes more confusion than it's intended to.

Not everyone is triggered by every social situation. There are some social situations where they feel secure, or some where they feel obligated to be. It's internal perception.

It's the same way someone can have a throbbing migraine or headache and you have no idea until they tell you. Some people learn better coping mechanisms or mimickry skills.
>>
>>29129898
I don't understand this

i'm an actual robot and have actual social anxiety disorder

why be ignorant or meme about it, many robots are affected

>characterized by a significant amount of fear in one or more social situations causing considerable distress and impaired ability to function in at least some parts of daily life

for example, interacting with/just having friends is enough to give you real panic attacks. but you might do alright having no friends and going to a crowded cafe to buy a coffee to go.
>>
>>29130455
Everything you're saying is just making it seem more and more like these people just don't have a problem and shouldn't be diagnosed with anything at all.
If it's not a problem, why bother.

Also

Stop formatting your

posts like this

newfag
>>
yeah i'd have friends if i just started hanging out with a bunch of horny neckbeards but why the fuck would i want that
>>
>>29130272
>What do you think of people with the condition who almost have a panic attack over even imagining answering or talking to someone over the phone?
sucks to be them. i don't usually have trouble with the phone, no more than those robots have trouble posting to this shithole.

i can't form or maintain any social relationships without suffering from extreme anxiety though.

social anxiety disorder is not fear of people. it's called social phobia. there are many different ways in which one can fear the social.
>>
>>29130501
You're not a psych, and why does the formatting bother you so much?

All
You're doing
Is causing yourself

More aggravation.

I don't tell you stop being a whiny fag, I respect your horrible debilitating internal struggle. Why do you want to rip me down because this is how I feel clean in my head?
>>
>>29130010
there is such a thing as fear of people

that's not what social anxiety disorder is, faggot
>>
>>29130586
You're the one being a whiny fag for no reason. You DON'T have any disorder and you're perfectly functioning, stop trying to milk "social anxiety" for attention, especially when there are people with real problems that need attention.
The formatting hurts the reader's eyes and it makes it obvious you're a fucking newfag.
>>
>>29130599
Social anxiety disorder, also called social phobia, is an anxiety disorder in which a person has an excessive and unreasonable fear of social situations.
>>
>>29130633
Uh. Fuck you. Just because I know how to English and grammar doesn't mean I'm normal. I have improved in some areas in regards to social anxiety and grown worse in others. I used to never be able to go into gas stations, or browse in shops, or make calls, or ask simple questions in stores.

Now I can make calls, but mainly because I'm on my own and I have to. I sometimes stop for awhile though.

Geez. You think you're omnipotent or something. Go crawl back into your mom's cooch.
>>
How is social anxiety real like nigga hahahaha just go outside like nigga open your door and talk to bitches hahaha fuck outta here
>>
>>29130696
Uh. Kill yourself. You're a normalfag piece of shit and you have no place on this board. You're a self centered cunt and a worthless human being.
>>
If you can function to even a fraction of your ability in social situations you do not know what the fuck it's like to have social anxiety.
>>
>>29130633
Get glasses, btw.
>>
>>29129862
You and your psychiatrist are faggot posers.
>>
>>29130638
yes. if you knew a language you'd understand that "fear of social situations" is not the same as "fear of all possible social situations" much less "fear of any encounter with a person" as would be analogous to fear of spiders.

do you believe people with gad just keel over all the time or that they are just as likely to have a panic attack when they sitting on the loo as when they're trying to decide which pizza to order?
>>
>>29130696
You sound like the type of sissy who wants to have issues
>I'm a special snowflake!
>>
>>29129862
>I could easily do things like give a lecture to a room of 300 students,

You should see another psychiatrist m8.
>>
>>29130696
Hey, buddy, I'm agreeing with you in everything you've said so far in terms of the shit that I'm going through too. I can't tell whether I'm getting better or worse most of the time.

Your formatting is great.

Best of luck.
>>
>>29130734
Normalfag based on what?
You're totally projecting.
Go fix yourself instead of hating everything.

Do you work?

Oh, and I'll kill myself if you provide me with a surefire way. A gun, the perfect pill combo, barbituates, papers saying I can do an assisted suicide legally....
>>
>>29129737
>Shit I bet most of us would be much more functional and happy if we were treated like attractive girls.

why do you think there's so many trannies here
>>
>>29130792
you should read the dsm, underage poster
>>
>>29130828
Just do it you normie newfag cocksucker. You could have at least tried not making it so obvious.
>>
>>29130760
That original post wasn't addressing just normal situations, he was describing shit that people with social anxiety would consider to be literal hell, hence I don't think my spider comparison was that off
>>
>>29130786
Being a glorified robot who mobs out anyone who is better at something than them is the fucking same thing.

I'm providing basic knowledge shit, but I guess you prefer to belong to an imaginary club where you make up all the rules and also are less effective than an actual robot.
>>
>>29129862
>the words of a pill pusher is always gospel

You don't have a disorder if you are able to function highly like that, being uncomfortable at a party for a lot of people is pretty damn normal.

Psychiatrists have labelled me with so many things that are just completely untrue, and have had diagnosis change so many times that to list them all would be pain staking.
>>
>>29130017
You would've never developed social anxiety then.
>>
>>29129862
>I could easily do things like..
>though being there would be tough

i dont have a reaction image for how retarded this is
>>
>>29130880
You're funny. You're just as bad as youtube commenters.

Maybe you should watch Dr. Phil.
>>
>>29130884
>that people with social anxiety would consider to be literal hel

some people can go to parties and even have fun there but they get extreme anxiety in even the slightest relationship and have no friends and stay virgin forever and if their neighbor started saying "hi" every morning they would have to move or kill him.

that would be one example of a person who has social anxiety disorder
>>
What I think tears me up the most is that I know my quality of life has gone severely downhill because I can remember how much better life was before my recent experiences, before I felt this way. Sometimes I think I might have always felt this way, but there are so many people out there that fake this bullshit for attention and invalidate people feeling this kind of way to the point where I'm semi-convinced myself that my feelings aren't legitimate and all in my head. It doesn't fix anything, just makes me feel even worse, because I'm so unsure about myself all the time now. I don't like calling myself depressed because of the social stigma associated with it, but I haven't gotten out of bed in three days. What am I doing?
>>
>>29130925
did you know that '.' marks the end of a sentence in english?
>>
>>29130848
Oh yes, the holy DSM, when on a bad day you fit the criteria of someone who has clinical depression and get medication for such out of a 20 minute consultation.

Just because you feel uncomfortable sometimes it doesn't mean you have a disorder you stupid bitch, you've been duped.
>>
>>29130828
cherry pits
>>
>>29129862
Fucking kek

>>29130848
>muh subjective DSM diagnosis

LMAO

If you could "easily" do shit and it's not debilitating to your livelihood then IT IS NOT A DISORDER

>I could easily do things like give a lecture to a room of 300 students
I'm pretty sure the average person would have a fair amount of anxiety over this, you actual problem is delusion if you think you have "social anxiety"
>>
>>29130998
>having line breaks
>continuing to use periods
>>
>>29130965
Feels.

Regardless of labels, you feel the way you do. You can go just by the general definition found on Google if it's so difficult for you to decide on your own, and them fill in any gaps or questions from others. Diagnosis' are just personal opinions anyway, and one singular psych usually isn't an expert in all diagnosis', which change with every DSM anyway. Labels are basically there to help provide the proper course of treatment.

Sounds like depression anyway.

I learned to recognize panic attacks when someone told me you get naseous after one.
>>
>>29131031
Choking? Be more specific, and SEND ME THEM.
>>
>>29131003
oh yes, now i shall converse with my many associates and friends and family members with whom i can maintain relationships without crippling anxiety about how much i've been duped
>>
File: 1462771067575.png (98 KB, 512x758) Image search: [Google]
1462771067575.png
98 KB, 512x758
It's easy to be social except for being difficult to be social but it's easy except hard and easy and hard and easy and hard and easy and hard and easy and hard and easy and hard and easy and hard and easy and hard and easy and hard and easy and hard and easy and hard and easy and hard and easy and hard and easy and hard and easy and hard and easy and hard and easy and hard and easy and hard and easy and hard and easy and hard and easy and hard and easy and hard and easy and hard and easy and hard and easy and hard and easy and hard and easy and hard and easy and hard and easy and hard and easy and hard and easy and hard and easy and hard
>>
>>29130998
Its still saying "I could easily do these social things. But it would be hard."

t0tal introvert :3
>>
>>29131048
>If you could "easily" do shit and it's not debilitating to your livelihood then IT IS NOT A DISORDER
did anyone say it's not debilitating?
it would be easy for me to speak before congress and the whole world. i could comfortably do it right now from my basement. what is there to be afraid of?
i cannot have friends or other relationships without extreme, physically manifest anxiety
>>
>>29131159
>it would be easy for me to speak before congress and the whole world
>i swer im shy gaizXD
leave
>>
>>29131159
>>29131094
Then what you are suggesting isn't social anxiety, but rather a personality disorder.
>>
>>29131142
i hope you're not really such a faggot
>I could even briefly pretend to have fun at a party and post images to social media, though being there would be tough.
the "though being there would be tough" quantifies only the first clause of the sentence of which it is part.

there is no contradiction is saying i could do those things easily and that with some difficulty i could even attend a party.

if you ever take an iq test and think you're not a waste of matter remember how much trouble you had reading today
>>
>>29131159
Speaking in front of congress would be easy since it's not personal (especially out of your basement)

The way you wrote it out made it seem like it's not a problem at all debating competitively ESPECIALLY in front of people is pretty stressful.
>>
>>29131159
>the fear of forming bonds is the same as being scared of general social interaction guys!
>>
>>29131263
>i have one night stands but my social awkwardness and anxiety stop me from having a boyfriend
>>
>>29131230
Except the entire first sentence involves giving a lecture to 300 people or debating competitively (in front of people).
Dont fucking bullshit me. If you can do those things easily, you can show up to a party and fucking smile with ease.
>>
>>29131093
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrogen_cyanide#Occurrence
while wearing mask, crack a bunch of cherry pits, immediately place into zip-loc.
I'm only assuming this would work, yet to do any testing. Not even sure if the hcn would not all escape before you could get it into a bag.
But if it worked, you could huff the bag when ready and die a very violent, painful death lasting probably less than five minutes.

Or you could drink yourself to death
>>
File: 1442422795345.png (99 KB, 665x662) Image search: [Google]
1442422795345.png
99 KB, 665x662
>>29131213
it's not at all any of the personality disorders

WHY ARE YOU ALL SUCH FAGGOTS ABOUT THIS? MANY ROBOTS HAVE SOCIAL ANXIETY DISORDER

IT'S NOT HUMAN PHOBIA

IT DOESN'T MEAN FEAR OF ALL POSSIBLE INTERACTIONS WITH HUMAN BEINGS

MOST PEOPLE WHO HAVE IT STRUGGLE WITH SOME BUT NOT OTHERS

THERE ARE A MILLION REAL REASONS TO HATE THAT ROASTIE

IT'S A SHAME ANY OF YOU EXIST
>>
>>29131358
>Dont fucking bullshit me. If you can do those things easily, you can show up to a party and fucking smile with ease.
LOL
>>
>>29131417
You didn't correctly guess your own post number :^)
>>
File: find a fire and jump in it.png (34 KB, 494x248) Image search: [Google]
find a fire and jump in it.png
34 KB, 494x248
>>29131255
>Speaking in front of congress would be easy since it's not personal
this would amplify the problem, not subdue it
>>
>>29128661
They're being ironic and making fun of losers like you
>>
>>29131385
Not surefire. Sounds about as guaranteed as trying to mix chlorine and vinegar (which I've half assed tried before).
>>
Social anxiety or not that bitch is pretty hot and I want her to slobber on my scrotum families.
>>
>>29131417
>LOL
10/10 rebuttal
>>
>>29131444
Speaking in front of congress from my position would be absurd though, I have no stake in anything that they do, none of them know me, I could even be sitting in the comfort of my own home. If the situation had some context which involved me being personally involved then that would make me more nervous.
>>
>>29131358
(different anon)I don't think that qualifies social anxiety though. I mean maybe what I would call my issue is something different, but I feel my issue, that I associate the phrase "social anxiety" to, is that I cannot have conversations with others. I have extreme anxiety/panic over my every action and thought in a conversational setting, and often will prevent myself from entering these situations, or do something autistic to exit them, because of this anxiety.
I can give a mean speech, though I will still be internally screaming throughout it, and sweat profusely beforehand and after. And if I was at a party, though smiling is not my thing, I could joke with someone or whatever else must be done, but it's gonna kill me the whole time.
Some people may surely use this term wrong, but unless they say they are not anxious in social situations, you really can't call bullshit without entering a useless, drawn-out argument that relies on definitions and applications to life and feelings and conjecture and non-provable bullshit.
>>
>>29131536
Exactly.

Fucking perception.
>>
>>29131483
yeah, pretty much my last ditch if nothing better. I'd probably try to fill about half a quart zip-loc with pits and check to see that there is actually inflation.
But most likely it wouldn't work too well. And cyanide death is fucking terrible.
>>
>>29131536
>Speaking in front of congress
>I could even be sitting in the comfort of my own home
what?
>>
>>29129862
Ok, you have social anxiety. Then the robots who get panic attacks at the mere idea of having a conversation have super social anxiety. But it wouldn't even work for you, would it? Soon enough you'd claim super social anxiety too, and people who have it worse would have to call it super ultra social anxiety, and the continuing power race would make a DBZ episode seem tame. Point is, no matter what you call it, what you experience isn't comparable in magnitude to what some other people experience. You're closer to a normal person than to some robots, even if your psychiatrist put a fancy word on this feeling in your chest you get when you're about to go to a social event.
>>
>>29131561
>I associate the phrase "social anxiety" to
this is where you went wrong. It already has a definable meaning. There's no further need on your part to associate it to anything.
>>
>>29131614
The original post wrote:

>it would be easy for me to speak before congress and the whole world. i could comfortably do it right now from my basement.

I was just using that context.
>>
>>29129737
T h i s
I really dislike pretty girls.
>>
>>29129862
hey guys i have AIDS but i have none of the conditions and i don't even need to use the meds
>>
>>29131678
Oh. Really, even the first post was asinine.
>>
File: 1451363670754.jpg (101 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1451363670754.jpg
101 KB, 600x600
>>29129862
Those things you just listed are literally antithetical to social anxiety disorder, you stupid cunt. It's like claiming you have AIDS when you have a perfectly normal white blood cell count, or hypersomnia when you're actually very energetic and lively. And diagnosed doesn't mean shit in this case. Anyone could go to a doctor and read off a list of synptoms from WebMD to get diagnosed.

Fuck off, you attention-whoring, evil cunt. You're devaluing people's legitimate, life-destroying suffering by playing pretend. I sincerely hope you die in a horrific accident that takes you months to finally keel over from.
>>
>>29131671
alright, then only people diagnosed should be using it.
Now go get diagnosed you faggot
>>
>>29129862
Actually anon, I have some good news for you... You actually don't have social anxiety at all! Congratulations! It only becomes a disorder when it causes some problems. Feeling anxious is completely normal. Feeling so anxious that you can't talk or pick up a phone is a disorder that needs treatment.
>>
>>29131742
>Now go get diagnosed you faggot
For what? I don't have it, nor do I claim to have it. I'm not a fucking special snowflake that uses my self- diagnoses as a talking point on goybook to seem interesting. Im a perfectly balanced human bean with a low tolerance for this new trend of "mental illness, gotta catch'em all" bullshit, millennials have created.
>>
>>29131829
alright man :)
ccccccccccccccccccccccccccc
>>
>mfw I have social anxiety disorder and I can't even write a fucking email or go to the grocery store while some cunt claims she has it too and would be perfectly fine speaking to Congress and the whole world
You people ruin everything. You literally ruin fucking everything. You ruined our lives, our futures, and now you're even ruining our very suffering by co-opting it. Just fucking die. I hate you all so much.
>>
>>29131929
go to hell

i can do some things but others not at all. and no, their not sufficiently related that one entails the other.

read up on your disorder before you treat this as yet another occasion to wallow in self pity

ps did you notice how you're posting here? but how could you do that if you have social phobia? omg!
>>
>>29128661
>Afflicted with it
>Can't even shop at local store without feeling fear pulse through my veins
>>
>>29129862
You're so full of shit.
I love you.
>>
>>29132427
I know this feel

>takes me 20-30 minutes to work up to a phone call I HAVE to make (I will always avoid phone use if possible)
>can't grocery shop without sweating profusely and staring at the ground
>constantly self-conscious of my breath, teeth, and the way my clothing fits on my body

It is suffering.
>>
>>29132004
Nope, fuck off and die you pathetic attention-whore. Being able to speak in front of the world while claiming you have a debilitating mental disorder that involves intense fear of social interaction and judgement--literally the exact opposite of what you display--is almost as retarded as you are. Go make a fucking black and white YouTube video of you crying with piped-in "Feel bad for me!" indie music playing in the background, since that's all you parasitic fucks seem to be able to do--pretend to have mental illnesses to milk them for sympathy and attention while making people who actually have that disorder feel like shit. You are lower than scum. Literally kill yourself, you fucking embarrassment.
>>
>>29128661
I have social anxiety, it doesn't mean that you are an authist shitlord that never leaves the basement, like you
>>
I had been diagnosed with social anxiety, but I cured it through extreme stress, alcohol abuse, and burying my problems so far deep I'm sure they'll come out again in five years. also medication.

but hey at least I can wageslave it up now without crying every night.
>>
>>29132539
Oh man the phone calls are terrible, I once had to make a phone call to take math classes, and I wated for a month before taking courage

Also greeting people in the street is awful, like people that you know, but are no friend with

>constantly self-conscious of my breath, teeth, and the way my clothing fits on my body
this too
>>
>>29132618
>shitlord
back to tumblr with you amigo
>>
>>29132679
I would, if I knew how to use tumblr or reddit, 4chan is far easier
>>
>>29132618
>I have a milder form of a mental disorder than you do
>I will now proceed to make fun of you for being more mentally-ill than me
How profoundly retarded does a person have to be to think this makes sense in any way? You are so dumb.
>>
Memes aside, most of you claiming to have a social anxiety probably don't, and suffer from Asperger, no social phobia
>>
>>29132738
I was le troling :^)
>>
>>29132666
>taking a month to make a phone call
If I absolutely do not have to make the call, I won't. I'll email or even snail mail.

But when I'm at work and my boss is like, "Hey call the head office and tell them blah blah..." it takes me like a half an hour or I'll tell someone else to do it.

>Also greeting people in the street is awful
Fucking this. If they don't say the standard greetings, I have to actually think for like 5 seconds about my reply. It makes me look retarded. By the time I reply they're already past me. Happens all the fucking time at work.
>>
>>29132666
>>29132539
I'm not that apprehensive about phone calls. I prefer not to do them, but I will if I have to.

What really gets me is what
>>29132666
said,
Greeting people on the street. My blood runs cold, and my body tenses, and small beads of sweat start to form on my forehead. It's horrible.

I've never had to wait a month to make a phone call though.I fumble and sound like an idiot, but I make it through to the other side. It'll probably only take 5-10 minutes for me to work myself up to make a phone call. My dad has been forcing me to call customers, so I've been getting better at it. I think if I ever get away from an environment like that; I'll be just like you guys.

I'm not self-conscious about my appearance, but I do model it so people expect less from me. I'm 19, but I shave every day I can so people think I'm 18 or even 17. That way there's less responsibility to "act my age" placed upon me. I don't feel as terrible when people think I'm a dumb kid. I don't know how much longer I have to do this though. I'm pretty sure my changing face will make it fail soon enough.

What tricks do you guys have?
>>
>>29132759
It's le not funny :^(
>>
>>29132863
I'm 30 so I don't have that luxury. I typically just wear a scowl. I'm a big half-black guy, so most people don't really approach me to talk if I look mad.
>>
>>29132895
I am le sorry :'^[
>>
>>29129862
I can walk on two legs, use treadmills, and run marathons. But I'm paralyzed.

Thanks for proclaiming your ignorance about the condition.

See how retarded you sound?
>>
>>29132739
one does not simply put memes aside
>>
>>29132949
there no analogy. when you have social phobia, it's not that you're lacking in some natural gift like working legs by which you could become social.

rather, at least some social situations cause you truly debilitating anxiety

it's more like motion sickness. some people can sail on any boat they want through a storm and not get sick, but a few minutes in a sunny car on mountain roads is too much for them.

i don't understand why all you faggots think social anxiety disorder is fear of all things social. obviously just being afraid of going to the shoe shop doesn't show you have social anxiety. but being unable to maintain anything like even basic friendships because of crippling anxiety and panic attacks even while you participate at work with coworkers or present to the ceo with no anxiety may still make you a case of social anxiety disorder

This place has become such shit thanks to children like yourself
>>
Yeah people experience a minor discomfort/shyness and blame social anxiety

Whereas people with actual social anxiety can't do things without years/decades of work. And even then they'll keep it to themselves because it's embarrassing having to work so hard on something that comes so normally to normal people
>>
>>29129737
This. It's not that women don't HAVE mental issues, it's that theirs don't get as bad as men's because they are constantly given attention.
>>
File: 1464388235499.png (230 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1464388235499.png
230 KB, 640x360
>>29130733
Even ironically, you still sound like a fucking normie using this "meme"
>>
>>29132739
This. Social anxiety isn't what causes you to be awkward and retarded in social settings.

>>29132738
I mean, the rest of the people in this thread are shitting on someone for not having a disorder as intensely as they profess to have it, so it's in keeping with the thread.

>>29131929
Holy shit you're retarded, robots don't own social anxiety or any other mental illness, you have no claim to it. Most of you are just self diagnosed and claim you have it anyway.
>>
>>29135175
>Abloo bloo bloo u don't own it so I can pretend to have it haha! >:(
Lmao
Fuck off, whore.
>>
>>29128661
Because male attention feels good?
Duh
>>
>>29135232
I'm not that poster, but I'm diagnosed with SAD and GAD, and just pointing out that some sad cunts on the internet don't have a claim to an entire disorder. It's ridiculous to go "This disorder is most of my identity, so no-one else can have it".

Medicine doesn't work around what threatens your ego mate.
>>
literally >get over it: the illness
>>
>>29128661
I have found that from a few moths of lurking on the relationships subreddit that it seems pretty hip and normal for people to

-have CRIPPLING anxiety
-be on multiple medications for mental issues
-recovering from serious depression and suicidal thoughts
-if you tell a partner what you want it is controlling, if you don't tell them what you want you are a bad communicator
I think normies are weird to be honest all that stuff is so retarded

You really depressed? Get some fucking sunlight and watch some comedians or something
>>
>>29129737
>Imagine having a constant stream of people trying to befriend you and willing to ignore your flaws
Nope
Fuck that and fuck you
>>
>>29129862
Nigga i cant even leave the house. H3ll i cant even go to a doctor for help. Go fuck yourself with ypur social anxiety.
>>
File: E_I_beg_your_pardon.jpg (43 KB, 300x199) Image search: [Google]
E_I_beg_your_pardon.jpg
43 KB, 300x199
>>29130925
>i dont have a reaction image for how retarded this is

I got you senpai
>>
>>29136012
Anon, there's no reason to shit on people for having less serious disorders than you. If you had stage 4 cancer, would you shit on everyone who had stage 3 or less for not having "real" cancer?
>>
>>29129862
No. No you don't. There is no way in hell you could say you could lecture 300+ people. You wouldn't be able to leave the house without paranoia of people looking at you, judging you, much less stand in front of a horde of them and think highly enough of yourself to deliver a speech. You do not have an anxiety disorder, you have ANXIETY. A NORMAL REACTION TO UNPLEASANT SITUATIONS. You were coddled as a child and as such think anything out of your comfort zone constitutes a panic attack.

I was like you too, you know what happened? I grew up and realised I am who I am and it cannot be changed. I may be a fat fucking neckbeard with horrible personal hygiene and an attitude problem, but at least I can go buy a 12 pack of sody pops now without thinking I'm going to get the sweats and break down.

Fucking faggot.
>>
>>29128661
the same reason that everyone on r9k begs for attention

inb4 muh 'im not like the other boys'
>>
>>29137379
>You do not have an anxiety disorder, you have ANXIETY
1/10 post
>>
>>29137379
I'm pretty sure a psychiatrist knows more about who has which disorder than some self admitted fat neckbeard with an attitude problem. Fuck off.
>>
File: The horror.png (197 KB, 395x260) Image search: [Google]
The horror.png
197 KB, 395x260
>>29129862
What. I have gotten the exact same thing and I can barely stare into people eyes. At a 300 student lecture, I could not function properly. I would be painful for all included.

But thanks for proclaiming your ignorance about the condition.
>>
>>29137910
Oh sorry roastie, I forgot to mention a psychiatrist diagnosed me with "social anxiety disorder". When in reality I was just a bitch. Once you get out of your teens you realise school/college or whatever you underage little twats base your social platforms problems on literally cease to exist and you can work on bettering yourself in your own time.
>>
>>29129737
Social anxiety for women is like a fucking myth. I don't think she ever had it, because that shit just doesn't go away at the snap of a finger. Women are SOCIAL creatures by evolutionary design. It's almost impossible for most women to have anxiety in social situations.
>>
>>29128661
is that mlp tan? what is she doing being 3d?
>>
File: 1462404855082.jpg (39 KB, 540x456) Image search: [Google]
1462404855082.jpg
39 KB, 540x456
>have online female friend that I've known for years
>regularly talk about our social anxiety and how it affects us
>one day I mention how it would be neat if we have daily challenges to open ourselves up
>set first challenge as going to the store, picking something up, and checking out at a cashier
>goes by fairly well, feeling proud of myself
>next day female friend comes up with next challenge
>go to a party and talk to someone
>heart sinks as I realize that her social anxiety isn't even on the same plain as mine
>challenges halt, go back to sitting in my room
>she texts me daily about her problems
>keep contact with her because I have hope she'll one day break up with her boyfriend and fall in love with me
>>
>>29138435
>next day female friend comes up with next challenge
>go to a party and talk to someone
Her fear is that Chad and Stacey won't like her or her clothes. Females are unable to comprehend what true social anxiety is. Hell, they are unable to understand most of things males go through.
>>
>>29130332
>agoraphobia
isn't it that one rollercoaster in rollercoaster tycoon?
>>
>>29138279
Could you have any less of an argument? You've basically just gone "mental illness isn't real and you only disagree because you're underage".

As I said, I'm pretty sure psychiatrists with at least a decade of study behind them, and hundreds of years worth of built up research know a bit more than some neckbeard who thinks he knows better simply because he no longer suffers from a disorder.

Do you also claim that a cold cant exist because you got over one once? A diagnosis doesn't mean "You will always have this, sorry". Like any disease it can go into remission or completely go away seemingly for no reason.
>>
>>29139160
Also, for a self admitted overweight neckbeard with an attitude problem, you sure seem to go on about how much time you spend improving yourself.

I don't really think you're in any position to shit on others for not bettering themselves, seeing as you're about as bottom of the barrel as it comes.
>>
>>29138435
retarded orbiting nigger
choke on a knife
>>
>>29138355
Humans in general are social creatures anon, that's why we've always lived in communities. It's not just women.
>>
> post on /r9k/

Why do people do this?
>>
>>29129862
High quality bait.

Oregano.
Thread replies: 147
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.