[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw smoking 75 cigarettes a day Anyone here managed to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 11
File: cig.jpg (194 KB, 668x528) Image search: [Google]
cig.jpg
194 KB, 668x528
>tfw smoking 75 cigarettes a day

Anyone here managed to quit smoking cigarettes? I find it difficult
>>
>>29124998
what about e-cigs? i personally hate them, but maybe they can work for you.
>>
>getting addicted to shitsticks

Just kys lol.
>>
>>29124998
Chew helped me cut down slowly til I stopped
Now I cant stop chewing
>>
>>29126343

Not OP but I tried that method and it doesn't work. Also you get self conscious in public when you use E-cigs because you look like a faggot fedora tipper.

>>29124998

Go to your GP, they can prescribe you a drug. I think it was called champix or something? Ive never tried but I heard about it.
>>
>>29126365
Chewing tabacco?
>>
>>29126383
>you look like a faggot fedora tipper
I'm fairly sure that's a maymay spread by the big tobacco.
>>
wondering if nicotine actually is a worthy upper?
like nicotine bands
>>
File: pipe_smoking_captain.jpg (30 KB, 290x390) Image search: [Google]
pipe_smoking_captain.jpg
30 KB, 290x390
>>29124998
Have you considered smoking a pipe? It's a very different experience from smoking cigarettes; for one thing, it tastes a fuck of a lot better, since (good) pipe tobacco is made for flavour rather than convenience, and crafted by master tobacconists with decades of experience for specific flavour profiles in much the same way (and using the same techniques) wine is made. You also don't inhale pipe smoke (you absorb the nicotine through your buccal membranes), so it's not as harsh on your lungs.

It's not convenient to smoke a pipe, so you won't be smoking ten bowls a day -- and when you DO smoke, you'll be focused on what you're doing and enjoying the flavour instead of mindlessly stoking your addiction.

I also find that I simply don't get addicted. You get a lot of nicotine all at once (it'll ring your bell HARD -- most people get very nic-sick the first time they smoke a pipe), but not a constant, low-grade trickle like cigarette smoking. In the summer I'll smoke two or three bowls a day, but over the winter when it's not as enjoyable to sit in the cold and smoke, I'll go weeks or even months without a bowl and not miss it.

I've smoked a pipe for more than 20 years, and I highly recommend it. I'd be happy to give you some recommendations on how to start if you like.
>>
HOW? The fuck m8. I smoke 3-4 cigarettes a day and even that feels much.
>>
>>29126534
>I'd be happy to give you some recommendations on how to start if you like
Isnt that dad-tier smoking? What could you recommend for beginner?
>>
>>29126528

Bands? NRT medication won't be a good upper. The nicotine gets to your brain in a matter of seconds by smoking a cigarette, compared to a couple of hours with NRT medication.
>>
>>29124998
How the fuck are you not dead yet?
>>
>>29126542
Seriously, how is nobody else totally shocked by op? 75???? Really? Ive never seen anyone smoke that much. How are you not dead?
>>
>>29126577
but is it a good upper?
>>
>>29126343
They worked for me because it helped to taper and yes, they look very ghey so I would only use them at home or otherwise hidden.
>>
>>29126596

Well the reason why I started smoking was because I was depressed as fuck and actually nicotine helped me out a lot.

I became less depressed and more motivated.
>>
>>29126528
There are medical trials going on right now for the use of nicotine as an anti-depressant. The medical field has known for a long time that people with severe mental illness have a smoking rate of more than 80% at a time when the general population is down to about 12%, but no one knew why. They're starting to discover that nicotine has a variety of positive effects on mental health (being anti-depressant and anti-psychotic among other things), and that people may be attempting to self-medicate.

>>29126542
My mother was a chain smoker and was smoking four packs a day when she finally quit. She would light a cigarette as soon as she woke up, then light one off the next all day long until she fell asleep. (She died of cancer.)
>>
WELLBUTRIN
it's a mild antidepressant that doctors will often prescribe to help people quit smoking, it basically renders smoking entirely joyless and makes them taste weird, and you basically start tapering down until you're over it

HYPNOTHERAPY has the best success rate iirc, i tried it when i was in rehab and it was interesting but i didnt stick w it since i was in rehab and wanted to keep cigs
tl;dr WELLBUTRIN AND HYPNOTHERAPY WILL MAKE A SIGNIFICANT IMPACT
>>
>>29126613
can you compare it to other uppers if you had taken any
>>
Is OP's pic a Newport?
gorilla mints
>>
>>29126559
My suggestion is to get a corncob pipe. They're cheap (you can get one for $5), and they're a perfectly good smoke. In fact, most serious pipe smokers keep a few corncobs around for trying out new tobaccos because they give a very clean, pure smoke and, if the tobacco turns out to have a bad flavour, you can just toss the pipe away rather than risk the residue contiminating a cherished pipe. A corncob will eventually burn through, so don't expect it to last for a lifetime, but it's cheap and perfectly servicable.

My primary suggestion is to start with a good tobacco. Don't start with a shitty drug store brand like Captain Black's or Amphora. I like Escudo Navy Deluxe myself. They've made it for more than a century, and is generally ranked as one of the top 10 pipe tobaccos in the world. It's also reasonably-priced and easy to find.
>>
>>29124998
Start by smoking less, im at 20 a day and i find it to be a lot

Another tip, stop smoking in your house go outside make it a rule to not smoke in the house, it will make you go outside everytime you have to smoke and you will smoke less, also clean air makes you want to smoke less
>>
>>29126651

Only other upper I have taken is caffeine which is a lousy upper.
>>
>>29126688
thanks man , original commentatita
>>
>>29126542
People have different tolerances for chemicals and such anon. Thats how some people get to be 600 lbs.
At OP, you're statistically in a very small range and I suggest a combination of patches, reduction, exercise, behavior replacement, and persistence.

Persistence is how you will quit, not any fad or magic bullet. Most people take an average of five attempts to quit smoking and it should be significantly higher for you.
Right now you should focus on getting the number down by any amount. The amount of nicotine going to your brain is ridiculous so you will feel like shit doing it but if you manage to stick through for a few weeks you'll be able to feel 'normal' again.
Try to find what feels good to you that you can do instead of smoking. Some people like gum or deep breathing, etc. I've had great difficulty quitting binge eating and switching to more satisfying foods and buying less sugary anything helped a whole lot.
I also got a lot of fear from almost dying a lot, so just looking at ice cream makes me sick now. One day, that will you looking at a pack of cigarettes if you don't stop now.
You can read the horror stories of how awful the TREATMENT of cigarette related diseases are, that shit scares me more than the actual fear of dying. I've heard people screaming from the shaving cream devices in the ICU, and the nurse just told him 'calm down and breathe, that shit is keeping you alive'
well maybe I'd rather die than live through this shit you cunt.
cunt
>>29126528
Studies suggest vitamin b12(five hour energy, a fucking banana) is the safest upper. Beyond that is caffiene. Nicotine is actually more notable for its nootropic qualities but there are better nootropics that have more science behind them and are less expensive than nicotine bands.
>>
>>29126626
Don't fall for that shit.
Psychiatrists are trial and error. They will tell you that outright from the start. The only reason to fuck with them is that you believe that the alternative is far worse than taking a chance at fucking yourself over. The drugs have like a 50% chance rate of reported success, and thats just any success or perception of it. That means that it probably does fucking nothing or very little for most people, but when you're at 75 fucking cigarettes a day anything that stops that is pretty swell. Helps depression too, I'm on it myself.
Hypnotherapy is ridiculously effective towards certain people. Its definitely worth trying and sticking with and doing it on your own.

Another suggestion is biofeedback therapy. It might cost a bit, but I've heard it works wonders with certain conditions.
>>
>>29124998
I smoked pretty heavily throughout all of high school.
One day I simply felt like I should stop smoking, stopped buying cigarettes and stopped accepting cigarettes from friends. Never smoked again.
I can't describe it, I never felt tempted because I didn't want them any more.
Not even for any concrete reasons or health fears.
It's really not difficult, just don't do it any more.
>>
>>29126779
im looking for stronger uppers, currently im prescribed methyphenidate, heard nicotine is worth but idk
>>
I only smoke 50 a day and I thought I was a semi heavy smoker. OP is a beast compared to me
>>
>>29126542
You don't even smoke wtf people who don't even smoke smoke that many when they're bored
>>
>>29124998
You don't smoke that many. It's not even possible, I simply don't believe you.
>>
Quitting smoking is fucking easy I don't know why people complain about it the whole time
>>
>>29127097
U wot? I know a guy who smokes 90 a day but he smokes one after another all day everyday
>>
> 75 a day

nigga what? I smoke 7 a day max, and thats pushing it. How can you physically handle 75? I literally don't believe you, that's so much money too. You're full of shit OP, surly.
>>
>>29127043
You should be talking to a doctor about why you want a stronger upper and what would be a good dose. Right now you're just asking for further complications.
I've had a good experience with the low dose steroid Prednisone. Its not an upper, but it changed my personality and I felt more 'willing' to get shit done I needed to do while taking it but its pretty fucking dangerous to take because it fucks your immune system.
I don't suggest trying to combine uppers especially Nicotine without expert oversight. You're a dumb bastard for asking this on the internet in the first place.
Before you say 'well I just want to try it' you don't understand the body if you do that. Tolerance sets in, and you need a higher dose, and your body will crash and give less of a fuck about what you want and your motivation will plummet. You'll be in a situation where you're chasing the dragon when a simple fix of a better diet with more fat, protein, and fiber would probably be enough for a significant moderate change. If you want fucking meth levels of energy you're just wasting your time and risking huge comedowns that will make your life shit.
>>
>>29127100
> I did it so it's easy

just fuck off with this shit.
>>
>>29127219
Do you people live in sheltered gated communities or some shit? I know a bunch of people who smoke as much as OP or more. Some people literally have a smoke every 10 minutes all day......... my dad smokes at least 3 20 packs a day
>>
>>29127219
>7 a day
>thinks he's a smoker

LOL no
>>
File: 1456973145592.jpg (138 KB, 786x578) Image search: [Google]
1456973145592.jpg
138 KB, 786x578
Smoke a bunch of cocks, instead, degenerate fuck. That'll get you to quit fast.

>inb4 "vapefag hurr durr"
>>
>>29127228
probably the strongest legal upper is methylphenidate in my country, -adderall is not legal here-
i'll consider a better diet and you're right about tolerance

but tbqh i'd like to do meth or something like that even if it'll fuck my life up, just cant seem to find it
>>
>>29127298
I'm not bothered if you think of me as a smoker, I don't wear it like a badge of honor. This isn't a pissing contest. For me it's enough to feel out of breath and unhealthy, and I rely on cigarettes to help me get through the day.
>>
File: food.jpg (138 KB, 1000x883) Image search: [Google]
food.jpg
138 KB, 1000x883
>>29127241
Its really easier for some people because they don't have the same effect from the chemicals anon. They have other shit in their life too. Some people, one drink and they are a fucking alcoholic for the next ten years. Its not fair.
>>29127375
diet and exercise are your best bets, as well as lifting heavy things every once in awhile
>I'd like to do meth
You are dumb. Its a 99% addiction rate from a single try and a five year life expectancy. Sweden/Norway or one of those countries gives people microdoses but chances are you're going to be doing it for the high which is dumb as shit. I suggest you get out of bumfuckistan because you sound like you're going to get yourself killed trying some illegal internet chinese caffiene and taurine blend that will fuck your heart sideways.
>>29127418
>I rely on cigarettes to help me get through the day
No you don't. You're thinking its helping because you're fucking breathing and not working for once. A fucking walk will have the same effect and not kill you. Your entire body is a fucking pump, if you don't fucking walk your body litterally fills with shit. Evolution made humans to walk around. Fucking take a walk and leave your cigs up a hobos ass.
>>
>>29127542
lol, thanks for the advices man
>>
File: 1461663863567.png (218 KB, 460x386) Image search: [Google]
1461663863567.png
218 KB, 460x386
>72 hours smoke-free
>>
>>29126617
Sorry about your mother, how long had she been smoking? Was it lung cancer?
>>
75 a day? How do you even get that point? How do you even have enough time to do that?
>>
>>29127571
if you take at least one of them seriously then it was worth it. You sound young so I doubt you will. I thought everyone older than me was wrong when I was young too.
>>
>>29127629
She smoked until her 30s and died at 61. We don't know exactly what kind of cancer she had since they couldn't open her up without risking that the cancer would activate and kill her within days, but by the time they found it they knew that it was already spread through her liver, pancreas, stomach, intestines, and probably other places. So smoking four packs a day could very well have been the cause.

>>29127655
I mentioned earlier than my mother smoked four packs a day. (Do you people not even read anyone else's comments?) She did it by lighting her first smoke of the day as soon as she woke up, then lit each new cigarette off the last one until she fell asleep. Sometimes she'd have more than one going at once, one in each room, since she'd forget if she had one going already or not.
>>
>>29127747
Well now i really have to quit, god damn
>>
>>29127657
its true that im young but i dont think you are wrong, i just dont care about my life that much and seek stimulation. i take your advices seriously tho
>>
The only way to quit is by going cold turkey.

No matter how shit it feels.

And it will feel shit. The shittest shit ever. And you'll get the voice in your head telling you to go back to it. And you will go back to it unless you really want to quit.

Good luck, friend. I hope you make it.
>>
File: knox-white-stark-portionssnus.png (190 KB, 555x555) Image search: [Google]
knox-white-stark-portionssnus.png
190 KB, 555x555
Try snus. It's a type of smokeless tobacco that you put under your lip. It is not at all like American dip, as you don't spit, and they come in neat little pouches that makes inserting and removing very clean and not messy.

It's also very popular in Sweden, and the other Nordic countries.

And many people can't tell you have one in at all.

Overall it's a clean, very safe and hygienic way of enjoying tobacco without fucking over your body.

If you're not in Scandinavia, they might be hard to get a hold of (don't use American snus. It is not made the same way, and thus is very unhealthy). However it is cheap to import.
I'd say give it a go. It helped me stop smoking completely.
>>
>>29127952
OP here and I live in ontario canada
>>
>>29127747
LOL your mom was a human chimney for fuck sakes kek
>>
>>29128319
Four packs isn't even the maximum. I've heard of people who smoked five or even six packs a day. Even when you're chain smoking, you can go through more cigarettes by drawing on them more often.
>>
>>29128386
Some people are beyond fucked in the head. Chain smoking is just retarded
>>
>>29126343
>>29126365
>>29126534
>>29126577
Vape, chew, snus, pipe, hand-rolled, done it all and I don't give a fuck. Just give me a pack of smokes.

Pipe is seriously legit though. It's contemplative, it has a rich history. Cigars are cheap shit compared to pipe tobacco. English blends smell and taste like oak and leather. People I know who hate the smell of cigarettes make universal exceptions for the pipe. I just don't smoke it these days --- and it's a damn shame. Maybe I'll pick the Chacom up again.

>>29127043
I took meth for quite a while. Fucking sublime stuff. Easier to get off of than nicotine, but trust me the mental gymnastics you will do to justify its use to yourself is absolutely astounding.

Why the fuck do you want an "upper" again?

>>29126626
I AM ON 300MG WELLBUTRIN ALREADY
>>
Pipes are sweet. I'm pretty sure I'm the only person at my school who smokes one, and it's a shame. It does take a bit of learning, and you're limited by the number of pipes you have. Also, the maintenance and care required for your pipes instills a sort of discipline, which is something that'll help with keeping yourself from being addicted.
>>
>>29128425
>why tf you want an upper again?

i like being aware. not much tbqh
also euphoric feelings
>>
>>29128622
What do you smoke? Currently, I have Escudo Navy Deluxe, Dunhill 965, and McLelland Balkan Blue in rotation.
>>
I managed to quit after I got some teeth pulled. Thanks anxiety, making me too paranoid about infection and dry sockets to smoke.

But I started again after a few months.
>>
Smoking is very hard for me but I can't stop.

I smoke out the back, and people stare at me and it makes me uncomfortable. I checked online and every single rental says "no smoking!!". Fuck. Just want to do it inside.
>>
>>29128905
Smoke inside than, I'm not allowed to smoke at my place but I smoke in it anyway because I'm not a beta cuck
>>
>>29124998
when i was on zoloft i didn't feel like smoking
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 402x366) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 402x366
Last night i got drunk and bought pic related, no regrets. I reccomend it, since it's a shitload more discreet than the other mouth fedoras.

>inb4 fedora tipping autist
I know
>>
File: leovape.0.0.jpg (81 KB, 1280x854) Image search: [Google]
leovape.0.0.jpg
81 KB, 1280x854
Get a vape/e-cig you neckbeards
>>
>>29126383
For me it worked, it also worked for my girlfriend. I smoked since I was 12 years old, I'm coming up to 30 and been a year without cigs. I wasn't on as much as OP, but I was on about 20-30 a day.

Also why would you get self-concious in public? the only people I see who use them are normalfags, never once have I felt bad for using it in public.

OP for a starters do not get into sub ohm vaping if you start, you just won't get enough nicotine. I personally still don't do it for this reason. Get a nautilus mini tank with an 20w leaf battery, and just buy 36mg e-juice.
>>
File: 1421653723063.png (197 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1421653723063.png
197 KB, 500x500
>dip a cigarette in milk
>leave it to dry on a hot day
>smoke the entire thing
You will never touch a cigarette again, I can assure you. It's how a few of my friends quit and how I'll probably quit.
>>
>>29129061
That makes no sense at all
>>
>>29128974
You'll be pissed when you have to charge it multiple times a day, on top of having to constantly change the carts which are very expensive. People don't prefer big batteries and big tanks for no reason. Those things just made me want to smoke again untill I switched over to a proper e-cig. You will also jones like fuck because you barely get any vapor out of it, yes I understand you don't want to blow big ass obnoxious clouds but you want some more than the slightest whisp of vapor.
>>
>>29129061
You and your friends are clearly no older than 20
>>
Could it be...DEJA VU?? Nope. It's the exact same thread again. Your lung cancer is seeping into this board mate
>>
>>29127868
>i just dont care about my life that much and seek stimulation
This is everyone ever
>>29127827
No, you don't. Your fear will fade and death won't seem like a big deal since its far away. Plus at that age shit fucks itself even if you do nothing.
>>29127911
fuck no
You're just uneducated if you believe that. Plus at seventy fucking five thats seriously dangerous to just quit just like that and its not necessary either.
>>29128409
Its like anything else anon, they have a hole, they gotta fill it. Then the brain needs more and more of the same shit just to fill the same hole, so you get to a ludicrous number just like that.
>>29129143
e-cigs are just another way to feel like you're doing better
its still dangerous
its still expensive
and its still dumb as fuck
>>
>>29129252
I'm mirin his persistence
>>
>>29128974
Discreet but also shit
>>
>>29129429
>Vaping is expensive
>Its literally flavoured Glycerol which is a few quid a litre
>>
>>29129429
>dangerous

In accordance to what, cigarettes? lel
>>
>tfw alpha as fuck and smoke 0 cigarettes a day

you don't need cigarettes to be an alpha male guys
>>
>>29129139
>>29129194
It will make you throw up something fierce, and you will feel sick whenever you think of them for a while. Similar to having a really bad experience with a certain brand of spirit that you cant go back to for a long time
>>
>>29129870
No it won't m8 I've tried it and now I smoke all mine dipped in milk
>>
>>29130012
At least you'll get strong bones
>>
>>29130062
Strong lungs more like it jajajaja kek
>>
>>29124998
don't wanna stop,been smoking for 6 years,then again i only smoke 2-3 a day
>>
File: 0281 - mbSoBn8.png (123 KB, 503x503) Image search: [Google]
0281 - mbSoBn8.png
123 KB, 503x503
>>29124998
bruh your gums will bleed like fucking crazy
>>
>>29130279
Why? That makes no sense
>>
>>29124998
>smoking 75 cigarettes a day

nigger that's over three packs A DAY

How are you not dead or broke?
>>
>>29124998
>Anyone here managed to quit smoking cigarettes? I find it difficult
It's difficult. I tried quitting 15 times in 8 years. I've been smoke free for 1.5 years. Nicotine tapes did it for me. I don't suggest gums tho.
>>
>>29131904
>tfw the average pack costs $25 in australia and is set to go up to $40 with newly introduced tax
Shit's fucked.
>>
smoking anything but marijuana is deplorable and disgusting

smoking even marijuana is pushing it when smoking is literally fucking obsolete because of vaping and bad for your health
>>
If you feel the compulsion to smoke just for the act of smoking, just find another herb to smoke. There's a bunch you can buy at mountainroseherbs, just gotta research them a little to see which you want.
>>
File: vjcY9bH.jpg (98 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
vjcY9bH.jpg
98 KB, 900x900
taste of even the finest tobacco on earth is nothing compared to well grown marihuana in vaporizer
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.