[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Internet Misogyny and Laurie Penny
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 1411063284115.cached.jpg (341 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
1411063284115.cached.jpg
341 KB, 2000x1333
What does r9k think about this article? Laurie Penny is pretty much the living embodiment of the 'idiot nerd girl' meme and even feminists are pointing this out. I like the commentary on the changing demoraphics of the internet (birth of social media means more females, more females means more mainstream and progressive politics), and the collision between the newer social media political culture (SJWs, on Tumblr, twitter and facebook) vs the older imageboard and forum culture which is/was predominantly male and reactionary. So yeah, what does r9k think of this article?
>>
>>29124401
Article here: http://www.drb.ie/essays/noises-from-beneath
>>
>>29124401
Nice article you fucking artichoke
>>
>>29124411
>>29124420
It's right there you fucking nigger
>>
>Laurie Penny

Only thing I know about her is that her Dad's a multi-millionaire writer yet she complains about how oppressed she is.
>>
I want to tell Laurie Penny not to worry her pretty little head about these things. I would've rammed her so hard four to six years ago.
>>
She looks like piper perri.
>>
>>29124411
I think she uses the term 'nerd' and 'geek' too freely. These terms are banded around a lot to mean many different things ranging from people who are smart and do well at school to people who have stereotypical interests like Star Trek or D and D or people who are somewhat outcast and separate from society. Hollywood pretty much created a pastiche of these characteristics in films in the 1980s and voila the 'nerd' was born. 4chan has a lot of people who are 'outcasts' but often that's not because they are smart or have hobbies that make people ostracise them; they are ostracised because they are difficult and unpleasant disfuncitonal people. As a result of their ostracisation, they fall into hobbies that require minimal interaction with females and normies. e.g video games ect. Thus the 4channer is born.
>>
File: muslim women's rights.jpg (20 KB, 599x171) Image search: [Google]
muslim women's rights.jpg
20 KB, 599x171
Normies will never take over "nerd culture", because it's not something you can invade, it's something you just are. Sure cuckaroos gonna kek and shills gonna shill, but sensible vidya devs and comic publishers etc. know who their real audience is, and they're not going to risk billions of dollars to go to waste. You hear all the time how "nerd culture is becoming more progressive" and whatnot, but time after time they're being proved wrong and "nerd culture" is still what it has always been; bunch of weirdos arguing over shit nobody else cares about.

For example, the new Ghosbusters remake gets lots of criticism from the original fans, and media shills are trying to give it a misogynist twist. It's just another example of how SJW normies will never understand internet culture, nerd culture, and will never be with *it*. Nerds are the type of people who will whine and complain from love towards their hobbies. SJWs whine and complain for political reasons.

Also, fuck Laurie Penny. She's a stupid agenda driving bimbo.
>>
Her latest book had a quote at the beginning saying:

"There are no girls on the internet" -4chan

As a way of arguing that the internet is misogynistic, even though the quote is pretty much a humour in-joke between anons saying how no girls would want to come to this place. Even MOOT posted that the site was like 95% male.
>>
File: no girls on the internet.png (100 KB, 1254x261) Image search: [Google]
no girls on the internet.png
100 KB, 1254x261
>>29125123
It's pretty typical from someone like her to interpret everything as muhsorgeynee. She's the type of person who thinks people are angry at Zoe Quinn because she slept with multiple men, and not because she slept with those men (who happened to be vidya journalists) to get better reviews.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.