[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Working on my bench >Skinny >70 lbs is giving me trouble
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: Ln3Jk1L[1].jpg (34 KB, 500x658) Image search: [Google]
Ln3Jk1L[1].jpg
34 KB, 500x658
>Working on my bench
>Skinny
>70 lbs is giving me trouble
>slowly improving
>have weights around the house for quick easy lifting
>fun thing to do while taking breaks from internet and killing time
>>
>>29122179
You're gonna make it brah. Just remember to eat a lot and get some good sleep. Or you could just pin some test and eat like a crazy person
>>
File: 1441507076367.png (688 KB, 460x628) Image search: [Google]
1441507076367.png
688 KB, 460x628
>>29122179
>mfw I "waste" my first year of lifting for not eathing enough.
>>
>>29122368
Yeah, proper eating habits are key if you're either looking to gain or lose weight. Being underweight and lifting without eating is just spinning your times. So lesson here robots is eat your god damn protons
>>
>>29122416
Spinning your tires* holy fuck I'm stupid
>>
>>29122416
How do you make sure you eat enough to build muscle without eating so much that you just become fat?

I'm currently trying to lose weight by eating less and doing cardio, but can't go to the gym yet because I'm poor. When I do start lifting, I'm paranoid that I won't comprehend how to create a proper diet plan without going to one of two extremes.
>>
>skinny and tall with belly (195)
>Say fuck it and begin to jog again every other day
>Cut out soda fast food and energy drinks

Let's hope I make it lads
>>
>>29122508
Find your bmi, there are tons of calculators out there. Just Google bmi calculator, then when you find your bmi make sure that at the end of the week you have a 500 calorie surplus. You can't gain muscle without gaining some fat unless you want to look into anabolics. I wouldn't recommend them to unexperienced people though. Just make sure you are eating at a surplus of calories and lift, you will make gains
>>
>>29122570
>then when you find your bmi make sure that at the end of the week you have a 500 calorie surplus

Is this what you have to do even if you're chubby?
>>
>>29122590
yes mut you absolutely must replace trash calories with things like peanuts, seeds, beans etc
>>
>>29122590
No sir. If you want to lose fat you have to eat at a deficit. So you take what I said and do it in reverse. Eat at a deficit of 500, I would try to get enough protein so you don't completely waste away though. I would add a bodyweight routine if no weights are available, supplemented by some light cardio
>>
>>29122636
That's a negative ghost rider. A calorie is a calorie. You can get fat off of fruits and veggies if you eat enough of them. Mostly fruits though since veggies are high in fiber and in turn have a high satiation value so yout get full without eating too many calories. Nuts are also very dense in calories. Everything in moderation friend-o
>>
>>29122542
Good on you m8. Just cut out bullshit filler calories ( sodas, snacks, and pretty much any calories that aren't food, milk or protein powder)
>>
>>29122756
Do I need powder if I am cutting weight ?
>>
>>29122921
The powder is just a food m8. Sure it's extra calories but it has such a great protein to calorie ratio. I mean an average whey isolate has maybe 25g protein per 125 calories. So if you are having trouble getting enough protein because of calorie restriction powder is a great tool. If not I would stick with good old fashioned food
>>
>>29122989
Appreciate it anon. Gotta become the otter mode I was meant to be by being a lanky fuck
>>
>>29123028
No problem at all robot. Any other questions you may have I'd be happy to help. You're gonna make it lad
>>
>>29123054
When should I increase the days I cardio. Since my goal right now is to run a mile without stopping to walk. I do MWF.
>>
>>29123077
Personally I would do two days consecutively, one low intensity, one higher. Take a day off, maybe do some stretches, some light bodyweight exercises that day. And the next two days do it again, low intensity, high intensity.
>>
I'm also willing to help out any other robots with fitness or nutrition related questions. Don't be shy senpais
>>
>>29123493
I'm 5'9", 145 pounds. Are bodyweight exercises good if I want to get muscular/fit without going to a gym (too shy).
>>
>>29123795
It's definitely a start. As I have stated above if you want to gain muscle you have to be at a caloric surplus. But I would for sure advise some heavy weights robot. Try looking up the principal of progressive overload. Assuming you aren't neet, there are plenty of people who sell weights and gym equipment cheap, on Craigslist, offerup, and various sites like that. I got 415lbs in Olympic plates, an adjustable bench, a squat rack and an Olympic bar for 250usd
>>
>tfw I can eat basically anything I want and still get massive gains from lifting
Feels good mang, don't know how the fuck that works but I'm not complaining. I don't even have a food plan or anything like that, I just eat whatever is available.
>>
>>29122425
>eat your god damn protons
>>
File: 1464900104580.jpg (24 KB, 480x516) Image search: [Google]
1464900104580.jpg
24 KB, 480x516
>>29124357
Congrats, you've got great genetics
>>
>>29124418
It's a /fit/ term for protein.
>>
File: me.jpg (151 KB, 1264x360) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
151 KB, 1264x360
>lift for 2 years
>become pic related
>still schizophrenic
>still no friends because I say really offensive shit without caring (probably aspergers)
>no gf
Lifting was a mistake.
>>
File: 1446810383969.jpg (10 KB, 125x120) Image search: [Google]
1446810383969.jpg
10 KB, 125x120
>6'0, overweight with belly and mantitties
>decide to start working out with my brother-in-law to improve myself
>quit eating shitty foods and only drink water
>purchase a gym membership
>work out at the gym for the first time yesterday
>that delicious feeling of comfy soreness afterwards
A-am I gonna make it?
>>
>>29124465
wow what a faggot ha to correct himself and explain a obvious meem

fucking newfags all of you

-

Just fucking eat shitheads, hit the weights and cardio.
And always remember to have a good shit before going to the gym
>>
>>29124496
CHESTLETS WW@

CHESTLETS REPRESENT
>>
>>29124524
It only lasts 3 months.

Yeah you are going to make it if you stick to a good routine for 6 to 8 months without changing shit and only do strenght for Push exercises.

for newfriends is
Chest= + high weight + low reps .
Back= Form+Low-average weight- High reps

thats all you have to know, don't lurk /fit/
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.