[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
we have no options
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: 1461196106759.jpg (2 MB, 1222x1636) Image search: [Google]
1461196106759.jpg
2 MB, 1222x1636
>"just go into a trade if you can't afford university anon."
>realize I could do this but too special-snowflake to go into something that literally anyone with half of a brain could do and it would therefore be a waste of my life
so that's out
>"just go to a community college first then, anon"
>local community college is ranked as one of the worst, and even if I moved out of my state just to go to a good community college, some class credits don't transfer, your GPA won't transfer, I'll pay out-of-state prices, have to pay for an apartment and don't have the money to move out or work experience for a landlord to even trust me as a tenant
so that's out
>"just join the military anon."
>have a GED, and even if they took me by some luck, i've read everyone say they hate it and can't wait to get out and wish they never joined
so that's out

I understand why aspies like me just go on a shooting spree. I'm not hinting at anything, but I get why they do it. There is just nothing for us unless we already have money. Our lives are fucking lame by default.

My only actual option is to work at a fucking McDonalds. I'm a 21 year old and my best prospects outside of getting into crypto-currencies and getting lucky is flipping burgers. I couldn't even go for labor/landscaping and get that sweet $10/hr because my body has atrophied from 3 years of NEET-dom to where I'm a fucking stick and my cardio-vascular system is far from optimal.

I don't know what to do. I legitimately have Aspergers and I can't make up my mind on what to do. All of the options are shit. I don't want to have a life that is just average, working as some fucking electrician or whatever. I know that I'm better than that.

I wish I could just restart my life at 16, fuck this shit.
>>
File: 1418358507698.jpg (32 KB, 653x490) Image search: [Google]
1418358507698.jpg
32 KB, 653x490
reply to my thread you fucking faggots
>>
>>29122157
Let's bump this, boys
>>
>>29122157
Why should I care about your blog post?
>>
File: 1454526800162.jpg (102 KB, 1000x726) Image search: [Google]
1454526800162.jpg
102 KB, 1000x726
>ged
>too good for community college
>>
File: CWncH9pUYAAd1ZM.jpg (21 KB, 421x314) Image search: [Google]
CWncH9pUYAAd1ZM.jpg
21 KB, 421x314
>>29122032
> too special snowflake to go into trade, but flipping burgers is ok
Pic related.

> I know that I'm better than that.
So, what exactly makes you better?
>>
>>29123067
Have you seen the sort of "people" that go into trades? they're manchildren.
>>
>>29122032
I know this feel too well. Finished high school, now just wagecucking around trying to not think about the future.

My parents want me to go into community college and then uni, but I can't seem to find anything to study that I give a shit about. It all just comes down to years of money, time and effort to land an average job for an average life.

I just want to travel or something, but in the end you come back home and you still have no social life, no gf, and no future other than wageslaving to be allowed to live with dignity
>>
>>29123094
Even they are better than OP
> "I haven't done anything productive in my life, but I deserve a 6 figure salary and am above all of you normies reeeeeeeee"
>>
>>29122032

>Literally anyone with half of a brain could do and it would therefore be a waste of my life
Have you ever looked into literally any trade?
>>
>>29122032
>realize I could do this but too special-snowflake to go into something that literally anyone with half of a brain could do and it would therefore be a waste of my life

Sorry this is a load. Most of those man children you see go into a trade, never even make it after school. It's the smart folks shooting down that can make it big(ish). It's like playing against retards in the special Olympics. You'll always be picked first for the best gig. You can excel while, they might just get by. Then you can always start your own business eventually. Then retards you see getting muh trade will always be just that. If your really a special snowflake you could dominate.
>>
>refuses to work a job someone with a half a brain can be trained in
>but okay with working at McDonalds where someone with no brain can do
First option is usually better pay, second is bare minimum
Explain the logic OP
>>
>>29122032
What a worthless waste of existence you are

>I don't know what to do. I legitimately have Aspergers and I can't make up my mind on what to do. All of the options are shit. I don't want to have a life that is just average, working as some fucking electrician or whatever. I know that I'm better than that.
>I know that I'm better than that.

No. You're not. If you were you wouldn't be a 21 y/o NEET crying about your life on an anonymous image board. It sounds like an "average" life would be an improvement for someone like you. If you want to have anything in life the first thing you need to do is get over yourself.

Community college is fine. If you do well there then maybe you will be able to get in to a big boy college and get a real degree. Don't pick an expensive school though. Only the most talented people should be spending big money on school and you're not one of them.

Also trades aren't bad either. It doesn't matter what kind of people go into trades, they're still making better money than Mr I'm-so-special who works at McDonalds. Maybe if you took a trade you could save up your money. If you're really so special, and if you really end up hating your trade that much, then maybe you can use the money you save up to do something you think is more important like starting a business.

Also I sincerely doubt you have aspergers. Have you been diagnosed by a professional? If not then you are probably just a conceited, narcissistic faggot
>>
>>29123094
I have a trade. Working for my uncle as a plumber. I don't know how I'm a man child for this.
>>
>>29123124
I'm OP and I agree with you.

>I just want to travel or something, but in the end you come back home and you still have no social life, no gf, and no future other than wageslaving to be allowed to live with dignity

This is what really annoys me. Sure, I could sell everything I have and travel around, but at the end of it, I'll have to come home or realize that I don't have anything actually going on in my life.
>>
>>29123412
Is being a plumber gross? I always thought it sounded like a gross job
>>
>>29123397
>Have you been diagnosed by a professional? If not then you are probably just a conceited, narcissistic faggot

I have.
>>
>>29123436
Yeah it can be pretty nasty. We're on call, so in emergency calls its usually pretty nasty and gruesome. Theres dealing with toxic glue for sealing pipes, going into crawlspace covered in grime and dust and cobwebs, and fiberglass insulation....

It's not exactly half-brained work, it just takes a specific kind of worker, and generally plumbers are pretty redneck by the terms.
>>
>>29123611
Don't you have toxic fumes and shit to worry about? I really wouldn't mind being a trademan if I didn't have to breathe shit in that was going to turn me into a fucking retard by 50. Is any of it actually mentally stimulating or is it just business as usual, outlined work?
>>
>>29123790
Not every trade has le toxic fumes
And if you are scared of them just get a respirator
>>
>>29123790
No it's pretty varied actually. Something different each time, much like how each house is different in their own specific way. You have to understand varying dimensions. And yes their are some dangerous fumes that carry a certain degree of health risks. But it's money to me and I know plenty of pain free non-retarded retired plumbers from the union that are age 70+
>>
>>29123877
Sorry I meant *there instead of 'their'
>>
>>29123836
does a respirator actually work?

>>29123897
toxic fume IQ lowered anon detected
>>
>>29123907
Funee trole bro.

But whatever if you want to disregard everything I said, and make one vapid judgement on me based on one gramatical error even though you could clearly understand the posts clarity, by all means go ahead. I'm just going to consider you as equally low-IQ as you deem me.
>>
Opposite for me.

I've somewhat been pressured into doing something "intellectual" and right now I'm stuck in college, doing something I couldn't give less of a shit about.

I wonder every day if not joining the military or learning a trade was a mistake. Probably was, but I've started something so now I'll finish it, I suppose.
>>
>tfw working pest control for my dad

I'm making 40k a year but how can I support a family when I'm older? How do I increase my income?
>>
>>29124020
Triggered by an obvious joke.
>>
>>29122157
>My only actual option is to work at a fucking McDonalds.

You see how you're fucking yourself? Dumbass.
>>
>>29125365
HEY STOP IT OKAYy
>>
>>29125365
That's not the same. Going into a trade is a career. Getting a job at a McDonalds is just some whatever thing that you can quit anytime you want and work anywhere.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.