[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why dont you own a motorcycle yet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 398x302) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 398x302
why dont you own a motorcycle yet
>>
>>29121850
don't actively want to die
>>
>>29121850
I am piloting taking lessons since you basically don't need to know how to pilot to get a license in my country
>>
Because I'm not a fucking gay boy
>>
>>29121956
hot meem bro
>>
I don't have anybody to teach me how to ride, the nearest MSF course is 90 miles away and 3 days long, and I can't buy a motorcycle to learn out without already knowing how to ride
>>
>>29122656
*taking piloting
>>
Severe anxiety, in a car i can hide behind tinted windows etc but i'd probably have a panic attack the moment i hit traffic and had everyone stare at me as i drive past them
>>
>>29121850
Recently got my Class M license, but still too poor to buy a bike.
>>
>expensive
>taxes here for owning a motorcycle are twice as much as they are for a car
>requires lots of maintenance
>cant be used for 7 months because of all the snow and ice
Really, its just not worth it.
>>
File: 1465263592816.jpg (337 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1465263592816.jpg
337 KB, 1920x1080
What is the most robot bike?
>>
>>29121850
No money desu.
I wanna get a dirt bike in the future tho.
>>
>>29121850
I'm more likely to die on a donor mobile than an airplane
>>
I'd get kilt
>>
It's expensive and I'm a miser. I would like a bike though.
>>
>>29121850
actually motorcycles are the perfect /r9k/ vehicle
>solitary riding
>everyone around either looks at you like a freak or doesnt even see you
>dangerous because suicidal tendencies
>>
>>29122872
And you can fuck those trashy girls that hang out with bikers if you don't drop your spaghetti
>>
>>29121850
- not ready for my mid-life crisis
- could use the money for something meaningful instead of whee fun toy $10,000
- no place to park it, live on a main road in an apartment without included parking
- already own a car
- still have enough hope left for life that i don't want to smear myself into meat paste on the road

maybe in 10 years when I have nothing left to live for i'll blow my savings on a death machine and impress all the tattooed sluts with it to feel like i'm alive for one last fleeting moment but for now that money's going to the fund for a home and investments
>>
>>29122912
>having something to live for
Failed normie detected
>>
>>29122942
yeah, i won't deny that. I started out live as autistic and useless as the rest of you, but I made a lot of real progress... just not enough. still can't fit in anywhere and get no respect
>>
Passed my CBT next week. Waiting on a phone call right now to sort out lessons for my big boy bike.

Funny coincidence OP.
>>
>>29122997
Last week*

Original comment I laughed when i put chloe in that wheelchair fucking emo dyke bitch didn't kiss her either
>>
File: Snapchat-6449430925587266628.jpg (963 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-6449430925587266628.jpg
963 KB, 1440x2560
>>29121850
But I do own one
>>
Because it isn't worth 20 times the risk of death/injury just so I can gain an extra cool point for the imaginary girls that still won't like me anyway.
>>
I'm saving up for one
>tfw poorfag
>>
i don't have a bad-ass complex
>>
>>29121850
I do but it's broken. Shit.
>>
>>29123194
>he thinks the only reason people ride is to look cool for roasties

You faggots are a joke
>>
>>29123099
>snapchat

eat a dick normalshit
>>
>>29121850
Have my course and exit test at the end of the month. Dunno if I'm gonna get a bike right after but I'd like to kill 2 birds with 1 stone and head to thailand to ride around the mountains and relax by some temples alone.
>>
>>29121850
>>29121956
i dont want to be a quadrapelgic if I get into a minor accident
>>
>>29123303
dont motorcyles get like 80 miles per gallon?
>>
>>29123648
50cc scooters can get over 100mpg, 1000cc sportbikes still get better mileage than most cars, though its around 40
>>
>>29122973
>still can't fit in anywhere and get no respect
are you me?
>>
>>29123447
Enjoy the bus, pedestrian.
>>
>>29123621
When does this ever happen?
>>
>>29122808
some matte black gook bike
>>
I'd like to but I don't know if I should.

When I was a teenager I used to ride a sports bike with my uncle and I loved the feeling - the wind, the sound, the speed on the highway, etc.

However, I don't know if I should get my license and buy one.
I'm not scared of dying, but I fear the pain and the potential injuries that come with accidents. I don't know if I have enough situational awareness to warrant owning a bike.

Could you guys give me some advice?
>>
To be honest I own a motorcycle, I ride one because I enjoy the rush and thrills I get doing horrifically unsafe shit.

The people preaching safety on big 4 japanese sportbikes for street use are kind of just deluding themselves.

If you all get a bike for self image, or women you'll end up fucked up instead of feeling glorious, considering theft and fighting along with racing and stunts come with the territory.
>>
>>29124519
What?

Can't you just own a bike and enjoy riding without having to involve yourself in whatever you're talking about? I don't get it.
>>
>>29124538
Its like a dripfeed of sensory overload adrenaline and chemicals, that tempts you into turning it into a giant burst with a single twist of the wrist that will get you over 100mph in a few seconds.

You also like seeing people grow into something like you, since you can gamble so much continually and it feels amazing.
>>
>>29121850
I wanted one until I got my car and started driving. Now that I've seen how people drive, I feel safer surrounded by metal. Also one guy I know broke his spine and is in a wheelchair after a bike accident.
>>
>>29124608
Yeah, I know. But that doesn't necessarily prevent you from staying safe, or at least not behaving like a retard, does it?
>>
>>29124538
Also its kind of like survival of the fittest with sportbikes too, the weak break their shit or lose the bikes, and give up.

The strong keep getting faster and master more and more high risk maneuvers. The only safe outlet for street riding growth is track riding, but its expensive and most people don't live around them.

Which is kind of why hooligan culture exists too, It also doesn't help that the majority of japanese sportbikes break the speedlimit extremely easily. (That should be a big clue in on the appeal for u too)
>>
>>29124639
As with my post above, you aren't going to get much out of riding by staying safe, nor will you ever grow as a rider unless you are mr moneybags who trackrides.
>>
>>29123303
>he thinks people ride bikes for practical reasons

Yeah man, it's great not being able to carry groceries, having to ride in the rain and extreme heat, paying almost as much for a bike as real car, as well as having a 1000% chances of your skin being ripped off your face and being permanently disfigured. Yeah man, practical as.
>>
>>29124252
do an MSF course. They provide the bikes and you get to try it all out in a safe environment and see if its for you. As a bonus you get cheaper insurance and have the exit test out of the way so all thats left is to buy the bike.
>>
>>29124745
>MSF
I don't live in the US. I'm not sure if there's a similar organization here.
How do you figure out if riding is or isn't for you? I mean, I know I enjoy it (at least when I was a passenger, I'm assuming it's even better when you're the one riding).
>>29124686
>>29124715
You make it sound as if there's no middle ground between riding like an absolute madman and playing it safe at the expense of pleasure.
>>
>>29124252
Buy a used bike off craigslist, and just get a permit. You don't need a motorcycle license unless you plan on riding at night or two up in the US. Permit covers daytime use.

Night riding is hard as fuck to do sometimes anyways.
>>
>>29124818
I'm not American, and the laws here make it that you can't ride a bike without a permit (although scooters are ok)
>>
File: 1464667647807.jpg (68 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
1464667647807.jpg
68 KB, 600x900
>>29124717
>All these extremes.

What, you can't handle the responsibility of having your safety in your own hands? Can't do a little research and buy a used bike? Who said anything about practicality? Every time you go outside you have a chance of some freak accident happening but enjoy being risk averse and living a boring terrified life. You should have been born a field mouse.

>>29123303
I see roasties fucking around on bikes outside shops taking pictures with their friends. I thought it was a meme but it does actually happen.
>>
>>29124717
Wrong again retard.

I (and most) ride for the enjoyment, rush of adrenaline and thrill of it. You can bitch and cry about how its not practical, but again that's not the point. I have a car for that shit.

>paying almost as much for a bike as real car

Not even close. Gas and insurance are worlds apart. Not to mention you can get a good bike sub 2k. A sub 2k will need work or have high miles.
>>
>>29124814
Try to put your finger on the appeal and general riders of sportbikes, the middle ground is cruisers actually, and I do not like cruisers.
>>29124841
Also EU licensing systems were designed to help EU bike and carmakers not get raped by Japan.
>>
>>29122692
tinted visor

no one can tell its you and you can wear the helmet anywhere

its better than tinted windows in a car.

and everyone looks good on a bike unless you're fat. So if they were looking at you, its because you lood rad as fuck
>>
>>29124947
>cruisers
I like off-roaders, sportsbikes and cafe racers, but I've always disliked cruisers as well, idk why.
>>
>>29125113
Because you might as well stick to cars if you are on a cruiser.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.