[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
College
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20160408_200308.jpg (40 KB, 540x456) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160408_200308.jpg
40 KB, 540x456
Is the college meme really just a meme?
I've been thinking a lot about my future recently and should decide fairly soon if I should start saving for college.
>>
>>29121286
If you can learn it from the Internet/books, do so. Nowadays college is usually a waste of time and money, and you should only go if you're studying a really technical, difficult field that is in demand.
>>
>>29121286
>if I should start saving for college

If your parents can't pay for it and you don't get a scholarship, then don't bother. Join the military or learn a trade.
>>
>>29121671
It is almost certain you will never make above 45k salary without at least a bachelors. Go for it if you want to go into STEM. If you have a specific trade in mind, go to a vocational school.

Do NOT get a lib arts major. I swear to god, I've talked to them on campus, and these people are actual retards.
>>
File: 1461925878419.png (240 KB, 283x324) Image search: [Google]
1461925878419.png
240 KB, 283x324
>>29121286

I don't know anon, how about you learn from me, to summarise if you are happy now, then you're not going to like it.

>tfw I fell for the stem meme
>currently no drive at all to do anything
>have the same work ethic as highschool, maybe even worse
>play vidya ever single day, even MORE then I did in highschool
>really doing everything last minute, skipping shit I don't like
>one class teacher unironically actually calls on me to answer questions
>always stutter, talk really fast and start sweating
>she can audibly and visibly see this, yet continues to do it every lesson

I just wanted to be a neet after highschool

I'll just be a neet after uni as I've never had a job or know anyone
>>
>>29121703
If you try its almost guaranteed you'll nab a scholarship.
There's literally thousands of dollars of available scholarships and grants left uncollected just because no one applies.
>>
>>29121770
>There's literally thousands of dollars of available scholarships and grants left uncollected just because no one applies.

nice fucking meme. I wish that was true.
>>
>>29121286
It's not a meme at all if you study a non retarded subject. Plus if you summon the courage to leave your room once there you'll learn social skills that required to not be a shitty wageslave your whole life. If you can pull it off without ending up in horrible horrible debt it's a no brainer
>>
>>29121703
>If your parents can't pay for it and you don't get a scholarship, then don't bother. Join the military or learn a trade.
This is only true if you can't get into a really prestigious school. That's the only case in which taking loans is justifiable.
>>
>>29121286
If you're not going for STEM then don't even consider university.
>>
college is a good thing if you study the right thing
>>
>>29121752
>It is almost certain you will never make above 45k salary without at least a bachelors
>>29121752
>at least a bachelors
confirmed for being completely ignorant
>>
>>29121752
>Do NOT get a lib arts major. I swear to god, I've talked to them on campus, and these people are actual retards.
thats a generalization made by retards theres tons of people who go onto law school after getting BA in lib arts
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.