[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I fucking learn how to negotiate?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 1463668912806.jpg (193 KB, 1024x692) Image search: [Google]
1463668912806.jpg
193 KB, 1024x692
How do I fucking learn how to negotiate?
>>
Why do you need negotiation skills?
Are you buying a car, selling drugs?
It just depends on what you are doing
>>
>>29120092
ill tell you for $20
>>
Just ask the next President of the United States of America.
>>
>>29120130
In occasions like job interview for salary, when I buy a car, in random occasions like having the internet fee included in the rent...

Everyone is able to get a better deal than me. I am getting tired of always paying more than anyone when I buy outside of the supermarket or amazon.
>>
>>29120092
Just tell me what scenario you are in and i will help
>>
>>29120188
Trying to get a good salary in a job interview is worthless, nobody will give you an exceptional entry salary. For cars you just need to keep in mind that the dealer has to make money too, make sure you start super low and unreasonable, then they will make a rebuttle, and go a litte down from what they say and make the deal. For rent, just keep the place in good condition, other than thaf there usually isnt very much lee way unless the owner is a pushover that dosent want to make money.
>>
>>29120180
does it worth it tho?

>>29120189
about to rent a new place.

There are few flat that interest me.

Some are too expensive, but people keep telling me shit like "you can negotiate a better deal"

If I start negotiating and ask for pennies, it does not worth it.
If I get too greedy, it will burn the bridge.

Other people know how to gradually ask for more, like they are following a pattern or know how to read redflags and respond to it in the best way.

I can avoid negotiations when I am selling, by cutting the deal when the other is greedy (i'm autistic enough to say 'no' and literally walk away)

Now, 6 weeks to find a place before I'm out of my dorm so I can't say time does not matter.

But I feel like negotiation is a "life skill" that some have and other don't. I can learn (not with ease) soft skills but I need some heuristics to use.
>>
>>29120256
how to ask for a raise then?
>>
>>29120333

are you korean? i'm trying to figure out your native language from your writing.
>>
>>29120358
Some people are just bad at negotiating as a result of being scared of asking for something, you just have to take charge in the negotiation and attempt to get to a point where if you were in their position, you would be happy with the outcome.

Also, i am an amerifag that turned 15 two days ago.
>>
>>29120820
I'm from japan. Which sentences are not sounding like native?
>>
>>29120937

all of them desu desu.

using "worth" as a verb is something i've seen koreans do. i guess it must be a verb in many languages. it's not a verb in english.
>>
>>29121093
>"worth" is not a verb
Thanks, I didn't knew.
>>
There is no skill in negotiation, or at least very little.

If you have options, you'll naturally be more confident/be able to back out of a deal and look for a better one. If you're financially secure/have a in demand skill you'll naturally be able to either demand a higher wage/leave and find a better paying job.

There's no magic negotiation tool to get what you want, you just have to have something they want, or the ability to walk away.

>dont be a cunt
is a pretty much all there is too it. you simply have to be in a situation where you aren't desperate, because people take advantage of that.
>>
>>29121971
Also, paying in cash helps for cars, buddy got like 1-2k off a car, just because he walked in and payed cash. Money in-hand, ready for an immediate payment is tempting for dealers, rather than payments over time.
>>
>>29121265
hey friend, one other mistake you made.
"knew" is the past of "know" as in
"he now knew that worth wasn't a verb".
~or~
"i knew that worth wasn't a verb"

The word you're looking for is "know", as in "I didn't know.
>>
>>29122016
Oh, right ! I often mistake while using past temps by conjugating two times. Thank for the reminder.
>>
Go to markets and practice. Start at flea markets or ooen produce markets and pointlessly barter ove beans or gloves. Get used to the haggle.
>>
>>29120092
Trump has a book
>>
Without memeing though
NLP and Laws of Attraction
Look up David Snyder on youtube
>>
>>29120092

Anchoring point is a very important concept in any type of negotiation, make sure to read up on that. Have a point set where you will walk away from the deal in your mind before beginning the negotiation. Make sure you are clear on what each party wants, a lot of the time your goals may be more similar than you initially expected. Most importantly just be informed.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.