[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what would jeebus do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5
File: lolgetfucked1.png (15 KB, 711x467) Image search: [Google]
lolgetfucked1.png
15 KB, 711x467
This arrived on my student email account on Monday. It's Tuesday night now and just got a call from my mum (who was very disappointed/angry) telling me about the complaint and just saw the email then. Probably meeting with the person tomorrow, what should I do, what should I say? I can greentext what actually happened if people care enough.
>>
What you should do depends on if you smoked or not.
>>
And if it was weed or ciggarets. You should just green text it. Ill read it.
>>
>>29119617
yup, greentext it fag
>>
>>29119723
yes I smoked, fortunately was cigarettes
>>
File: tupac_shakur.jpg (526 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
tupac_shakur.jpg
526 KB, 1280x960
>>29119803
what should I do, what should I say?
Blunts and gin all day, twenty-fo' parlay
My little homie G, can't you see, I'm busta free
Niggaz can't stand me - all eyes on me!
>>
If it was weed you probably wont be able to deny smoking because It'll show up on a quick drug test. unfortunately marijuana has a half life of 2 to 3 weeks or more depending on amount smoked. so surely your best bet there would be to accept you got caught and roll with the punches. If it was ciggerettes you'd probably be able to get away with it by flat out denying the claim if you're a good enough lier.
>>
Okay, so they probably wont test you or anything, but its possible that they will ask to look around in yer dorm. If they do ask, make sure you let them, or they will know you are hiding something. Hopefully yer dorm dosent smell like shit.

If you dont wanna let them in your room then atleast go the the meeting.
>>
>>29119860
Maaaaan, I've passed drug tests WHILE high.
>>
>>29119768
>>29119617
>Be studying law at one of top universities in my country, so don't want to get kicked out
>Staying in dorms (solo rooms though)
>Loner, barely leave room except for meals due to social anxiety, pretty sure neighbours think I'm weird
>Have unfortunate habit of dressing like a stoner
>From near start of uni go on walks at night usually in city at around 1am ish
>Decide one day to start smoking
>Become smoker
>Is pouring rain, during exams so have to cram, don't want to leave room
>Light up a cigarette in room, thankfully not weed, which I've never smoked in my room
>Finish smoking, go back to studying, get a nice buzz, feelsgoodman
>Hear knock on door about 20 mins after I'm finished smoking a couple
>Oh shit, is floor senior resident
>Anon, it smells like smoke outside your room, smoking is a serious offense, don't do it
>Deny, mumble some excuses because shitting myself
>Figure that's the end of it, but hide cigarettes, lighter, spam air refreshener, open windows with fan pointed out
>Knock about 30 mins later, on duty manager
>Anon, we have a complaint that your room had smoke smell coming from it, but just smells like air freshener now, were you smoking or maybe burning insense
>My response (kek) "Uhh, never in my room, but I smoke so my clothes smell like smoke, maybe that smell is getting out??"
>On duty manager says whatever, I'll get maintenance to come Monday to check out the smell
>Maintenance never comes
>Phew!
>Get call at 8pm Tuesday from parents, get told to check email, talk to them

That's pretty much it. Too bad I suck at greentext.

At this point I think my best course of action is to admit smoing and grovel, pretty sure they are suspicious and at this point can't think of any good excuses. Not sure what to do if I get kicked out though, will have to transfer to shitty uni and live with my parents again I guess.
>>
>>29119617
Feel it out man.

Don't cop to anything until you get an idea of what theyre going to do to you.

plead the fifth
>>
>>29119878
Gonna go to the meeting, have rolling papers and stuff in my room but nothing illegal, so room search would be fine for me, but I don't think that that's their solution
>>
>>29119905
yeah ok m8
>>
>>29119956
nope nope nope

stick to your story m8
>>
>>29119860
Thankfully got caught with cigarettes, but gave some pretty shitty excuses at the time so I'm thinking denying might be tough, I think might be better to just man up and deal with consequences? I'm thinking that if I tell the truth and say that I won't do it again at most I will get a fine, probably just a warning. I know someone underage drinking got away with a warning when that is a kickable offense, so crossing my fingers.
>>
>>29119983
Would they seriously kick you out for a first offence? That sounds super harsh. I know you said it was a prestigious uni but really?
>>
>>29120002
which story though? that my room smells like smoke from clothes, that sounds retarded even to me...
>>
>>29120027
I'm not sure, according to their policy that's what it sounds like, and other dorms here I know poeple have had 500 dollar fines according to their policies.
>>
>>29120004
Yeah the only reason I'd be against manning up now would be that at first you denied it ( you could also say you were worried at the time about getting kicked out and shit, maybe cry) I also feel that underage drinking is way more serious then smashing a ciggerette in your room one time.
>>
>>29120029
floor manager gave you the best excuse possible: machine malfunction. Blame it on the air conditioning. "I mean I smoke cigs and I was just smoking outside but the AC was making a funny noise earlier I think something might be burning in there too"
>>
>>29120029
I guess what I'm wondering is that since I don't think they have proof, apart from neighbours saying room smelt like smoke and floor senior resident observing the same (they never actually saw me smoking), is it better to just deny and hope they follow guilty until proven innocent, or play on their values by coming clean which would probably be better if they decide on the balance of probablity.

Also my excuse was really really shitty not sure if that will hold up. I should have said I was burning insense or something and didn't know that that was against the rules.

Tl;DR
Is honesty being the right choice a meme?
>>
>>29120110
>just deny and hope they follow guilty until proven innocent,

and you said you're in law school?

christ just quit
>>
>>29120110
>Is honesty being the right choice a meme?

Usually when dealing with a governing body I've found that if you admit you're in the wrong its the safest bet even though you'll probably cop a 500 dollar fine. If you lie, they dont believe you or have more evidence then they're suggesting, you'll be so much worse off.

Just act extremely apologetic say you'll never do it again and are very happy to wear the 500 dollar fine and thankyou for not kicking you out of they're amazing college...

so grovel basically.
>>
>>29120148
ayy fuck off. Their rule book seems really ahrsh but leaves pretty much everything to the personal judgement of the person I have to meet with tomorrow, and I have no idea if they have dumbass morals or if they are harsh or what they care about.
>>
>>29120171
yea, that's what I was thinking, if they are convinced I will not do it again I think they probably will be happy with taking some money and moving on.
>>
>>29120110
Dunno, man. Doesn't sound like they got much on you. Denying is the safest bet imo.
>>
Also who snitches on someone for having a cheeky cigarette in there room when its cold as fuck outside. I can understand the smell is somewhat unpleasant but this was the first time you were doing something like that. Ive sniffed cologne that's smelt worse.
>>
When I was in university I scratched the word "CUNT" into the senior resident's car. Some faggot grassed me up. They hauled me in for a meeting and I just totally denied it. No punishment.
>>
>>29120228
The thing is though, if I'm honest and admit it I'm confident I can convince them I won't do it again, and since no one talks to me they won't kick me to set an example or anything. Downside is probable fine.

The alternative of denying is like an all or nothing, if they decide that they don't think they can really do anything based on their info then I'm home free, but since they have a senior resident, and neighbour's who smelt it, plus my shitty excuses digging a deeper hole by seeming unlikely, plus they know I smoke for sure (they just aren't certain about in my room), I feel like denying it might make them just think I have no remorse and will just repeat, and if I think that I might as well pack my bags as soon as the meeting is over.
>>
Deny it how can they possibly prove it. Only a beta fuck would tell the truth pmsl.

>y y yes s sir I did it pwease d don't hurt mee :(((
>>
>>29120250
Yea, even though I'm always polite to them, my one neighbour is a feminazi who hates all men I'm pretty sure, and my other one is a super strict rule enforcer, knocks on my door to ask me to be quiet for skyping friends playing games the second its past the 11pm (12 on weekends) noise curfew.
>>
>>29120287
Yea, but several authorities either smelt smoke in my room or saw a fan pointed out the window in cold weather and heard my shitty panic excuses. If I didn't blow my shot coming up with a good excuse then denying would seem way better, but now I'm not so sure.
>>
>>29120319
Shit man, I guess you were just unlucky then. All the best with the verdict tomorrow.
>>
>>29120375
thanks dude, hopefully it doesn't turn out too badly (I can deal with a fine), scared as fuck right now though
>>
>>29120287
as if you're gonna admit to doing that though, thats like a sure fire way to get kicked the fuck out of uni if you admit to it. This situation is pretty different.
>>
Just tell them you ripped a massive sweaty fart hence the fan pointing out of the window. No one questions bowel movement related activities.

I used to skip entire classes at school by saying I had the shits, people are too embarrassed to ask. Don't do it too much or you'll get a reputation.
>>
File: 20160608_002536.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
20160608_002536.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1944
>>29119617
Op here, just want to thank everyone, even just having somewhere to tell people what's up is nice
>>
>>29120407
Not that its gonna help but there's literally nothing you can do about it right now. try not to stress and pop a diazapam or related pill if you have em.
>>
>>29119956
You'll be fine, stick to the story and never smoke in your dorm again. There's really no way they can prove you did it, it's your word against that faggy senior. They won't push it too hard as it's not even that big of a deal, worst case they'll slap you with a warning. It's really against their best interest to kick people out.
>>
>>29120557
Take that cigarette out of your mouth, you look like a fucking highschooler. And go smoke outside fucknuts.
>>
>>29120578
Yea gonna smoke a few and go for a walk, usually does the trick. If not have vodka in my room, no pills atm tho (i wish i had some)
>>
File: 1443225827975.png (93 KB, 500x422) Image search: [Google]
1443225827975.png
93 KB, 500x422
>>29120557
>we've been helping a Chad
>>
the email says "alleged" smoking, so they aren't even sure you were smoking...

If nobody saw you smoking, just deny it.
>>
>>29119956
>Anon, it smells like smoke outside your room, smoking is a serious offense, don't do it

This is utter shit, it's not that serious, you'll just be told not to do it again. If you get caught again you'll probably be looking at a fine at worse.

Anyway it's moot, just stick to your story.
>>
>>29120642
They're gonna smell it on him, and he's gonna crack under the pressure and admit to everything, or lie really badly. Even if he go bathes in cologne, they will smell it. Or they'll search his room when he goes to the meeting. Probably take him with them.
>>
>>29119956
STICK TO YOUR STORY AND NEVER CHANGE IT NEVER CHANGE YOUR STORY NEVER EVER CHANGE STORIES EVER
>>
>>29119860
Universities wouldn't ask you to take a drug test and even if they did denying to take one is not valid grounds for expulsion.
>>
>>29120110
Making up a shit but feasible excuse and sticking to it is so much more important than just having a good excuse. As long as they have no evidence - and what evidence could they have - and you remain adamant then you'll be fine. The vast majority of people getting caught for doing things come from them admitting their guilt and not sticking with their story.
>>
>>29120699
eh, even if thats the case, they cant kick me out for smoking, nor having cigarettes, only for smoking in my room. I dont have anything in my room for them to find which would get me in (further) trouble.
>>
>>29120641
>a chad
I wish, literally less than 5 foot 7, but 180 pounds, and never talk to anyone, let alone females. Also, the dark seems to make me look better..
>>
>>29121416
Update us what happens tomorrow.
>>
>>29119617
You go to the Australian National university, you're fucked.
>>
>>29121922
lmao if someone emails them this thread OP is fukked
>>
Did this take place in Nazi Germany? Because it fucking sounds like it.
>>
>>29119956
>studying law
>living in a dorm room
>worried about what mommy says

You're a euro-cuck, right?
>>
>>29119956
They ain't got shit. Deny it, and be adamant.
>>
>>29119956
ADMIT NOTHING

DO NOT ADMIT ANYTHING

This happened to a friend of mine in university, and he kept his trap shut. Got off completely free.

They WILL try to bait you into admitting that you were smoking.
>>
>>29122173
An ausfag
>>
>>29122283
The university is already aware of this thread.
>>
File: photo.jpg (100 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
100 KB, 900x900
[email protected]

Samitha Ramanayake

Deputy Head of Residences
Division of Student Life
>>
>>29119956

Deny deny deny

They literally cant do shit
>>
>>29119617
Deny deny deny. If there's no proof you smoked they're looking for you to admit you did it so just don't admit it.
>>
>>29122802
not sure why OP thought those cheeky titles were universal lmfao
>>
The most embarrassing thing in this thread is that your mother reads your school emails.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.