[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did life get worse for anyone when they started college? I now
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: 1444856144546.png (2 MB, 3496x4024) Image search: [Google]
1444856144546.png
2 MB, 3496x4024
Did life get worse for anyone when they started college?

I now have no friends, a shit GPA, and 1000s in student loan debt.
>>
>>29118610
>student loans

you automatically failed.
>>
File: 524891559.jpg (27 KB, 380x337) Image search: [Google]
524891559.jpg
27 KB, 380x337
ah right, college costs money in america. that sucks.
>>
>he fell for the college meme
>laughingjews.jpg
>>
>>29118737
>college thread
>filthy eurofaggot acts like he doesn't pay for the education of every shitskin and worthless liberal arts major through his tax dollars
Everytime.
>>
>>29118771
i dont, my parents pay all the taxes for me :)
>>
File: jobdone.png (460 KB, 473x960) Image search: [Google]
jobdone.png
460 KB, 473x960
>>29118610

It got truly worse, because I was a normie in middleschool and highschool.
I wasn't fucking a lot of girls or anything, but I had a cool circle of friends, I laughed and did stupid shit all the time, girls were into me even tho I looked like complete shit.

Now I'm a bachelor and I have no job, no friends, still look like shit even tho I take care of myself and lift, I'm broke, don't have my driver's licence and I haven't had a meaningful conversation with another human being in like a year.

It goes downhill after 20yo, some of us can't be real adults.
>>
>>29118610
Why follow the college meme and end up with a potentially useless degree instead of just busting your ass for years doing overtime and actually earning
>>
File: 1390681814056.jpg (24 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
1390681814056.jpg
24 KB, 500x334
>>29118827
>instead of just busting your ass for years doing overtime and actually earning

did this for one year before college, it was awful. my goal has since been to join the workforce as late as possible.
>>
>>29118827

Because being a wagecuck even tho it has its advantages is extremely precarious and you can lose everything you have in an instant.
>>
>>29118771

Nobody from any country with "free" anything ever denies how it is funded. How worthless and shit is your country that you actually resent people for studying arts subjects?
>>
elementary school = daycare
middle school = boys n girls club
highschool = meet n greet

if you fail the glorified meet n greet at highschool, you won't have friends in college.
highschool is flawed because it's assumed you will learn all the tools you need to make friends, the problem is, too many people are on drugs at a young age now, especially prescription pills, so it's skewing the meeting ground.

if you perceive your peers as 420 blazeit lowlife alcoholics (like i did and i'm sure most of inner city California does), then you aren't going to want to learn how to make friends and your options are going to be surprisingly small.

in middle school i couldn't make friends so i just sat with the band geeks even though i wasn't in band. they referred to me as the "kid not in band" and i wasn't even friends with them, i just accompanied them.
>>
>>29118771
College is completely tax funded for me, and about 80% of students, sorry americuck, our govt actually cares and gets shit done. Keep being bitter and poor tho.
>>
>>29118610
>Did life get worse for anyone when they started college?
Normie roommates, lack of similar people. HS was hell but atleast i managed to find tormented souls there.
>>
>>29118610
income based repayment

you'll still get hired with a bad GPA because most employers dont give a shit
>>
>>29118811
>It goes downhill after 20yo, some of us can't be real adults.

THIS

I'm still a KHV sperg but I used to have some friends in school. Never hugely popular but I was happy. Now I'm seeing all those people get jobs and relationships whereas I've got nothing but depression. Feels bad, man.
>>
>>29118610
I'm about to graduate but I feel ashamed to even be associated with my institution.

Academically I'm fine but I found that "people will be better in college" is the ultimate meme.

If anything, people are actually worse than they were in high school. They're even more immature and weak due to excessive coddling from the institution. The milquetoast faggots can't even have an independent though or do anything for fear of pissing someone off. I mean I get the whole "tough decisions" shit, but it seems for all these fags, everything is a tough decision. It's almost like they're a whole generation of useless golden retriever puppies.

This is true even in "good" STEM majors. Fuck that, I'm glad I'm done. I sort of wish I can delay graduation for a year so I could graduate with the class below mine in my major. I hear they're actually better in that they're focused more on their studies than petty gossip and frivolous shit.
>>
>>29118610
Nah, life got WAAAAY better actually.
>>
>>29118896
I'm European and I resent you too.
>>
File: 1464783038944.jpg (15 KB, 234x241) Image search: [Google]
1464783038944.jpg
15 KB, 234x241
>local uni only costs ~9k a year for in state commuters
>Go into it studying something I actually enjoy
>Work part time and save all my money so that I can pay my tuition as I go
>About to graduate with no debt

Not sure why people hate on uni. If you go into it and get your life ruined, it's your own fault.

Can someone tell me why so many people end up:

>Going to uni even though they have no idea what they want to do
>Going to a uni that is out of their price range, or they knowingly have no way to pay for
>Going to a uni and for some reason (???) picking an area of study that they have no passion for, which is an express ticket to failure
>Going to uni despite knowing that they don't have the fortitude or self discipline to handle it
>Going to uni despite knowing that they aren't ready yet

I really don't get it. Higher education isn't something you just go into by default because you finished high school.

It's something you do because you have a clear objective in mind and you want to accomplish it.

Attending uni "just because" doesn't make any fucking sense. Yet I see it happen all the time.
>>
>>29118610
Yea, luckily I dropped out 1 year in and have no debt so only wasted time.
I'm sorry you got jewed op.
>>
Yeah, college was when my life really went to shit. I wasn't interested in my studies and the environment was really depressing. I wish I went somewhere else and studied something different. I'm hoping to do it in the future, but it just feels terrible knowing that I completely squandered my early 20s.
>>
>>29121167
It's often just expected of you, and there's a lot of pressure from family and the faculty of you high school to go through with it. Most people also see it as the only means having more than a dead end job later in life. Your options coming out of high school are pretty limited, and many people use college as a way to hold off on growing up.

I'm sure there are more reasons.
>>
>>29121167
>Can someone tell me why so many people end up:

Parents screaming at you to go and threatening to disown you if you don't.
>>
It was the opossite for me
>can finally study what I want
>people from all ages
>can easily find people with same interests as me
>not being underage anymore means that I can drink, smoke and go to cool places without problems
>full of QTS
>college is free in my country so I don't even have to deal with students loans
If you had friends in hs, you should be able to met people in college, it's actually easier because they aren't teenagers dickheads anymore.
Just join a club or something, that shit helps.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.