[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mental Illness THREAD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 7
File: 1465170771703-r9k.jpg (1 MB, 1333x1871) Image search: [Google]
1465170771703-r9k.jpg
1 MB, 1333x1871
Mental Illness General

Actual diagnosis edition

Just got diagnosed for paranoid schizoaffective disorder tied with depression.
I literally want to die.
>>
>>29115041
>Begin typing out all the perceived mistakes in this chart
>Realize I'm getting mad at a meme
Filing myself under autism I guess. Bipolar is not a joke though.
>>
>>29115117
Everyone bitches about this meme. Stop writing personality traits off as autism because it makes you feel better about your shitty social skills.
>>
borderline and bipolar here, how's it going, boys
>>
>>29115117
This meme gets shat on every time it's posted. Even ignoring how retarded the idea of a contest of mental illnesses is, I'm surprised there's not a fixed version by now.
>>
>>29115041
>Bipolar Disorder
>tumblr tier
are you shitting me
>>
ADHD is a bitch. This chart is shit. Whatever, though. My ADHD made me hate myself and my inability to do anything I want in life so I'll join in under major depressive.
>>
File: B0007ZF5K8.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.0.jpg (37 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
B0007ZF5K8.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.0.jpg
37 KB, 500x300
>>29115041
Diagnosis are BURRSHEET
You can walk into a doctors office and say a drug you want, and he will make up a disorder and give you that drug. You can say "im sad" and he will give you greenie weenies. You could say "im sad and happy alternating depending on the monthly cycle hmm i wonder why oh look my vag is bleeding" and he will give you greenie weenies and downie wownies. You could say "my body minorly hurts sometimes" and he will give you that zoopy zoopy lmao.
If you literally wanted to die, you would be dead. Bitch. Finish the job niggero.
Mental illness in general is a fucking meme. Stop relying on lables to describe your varying degrees of crippling anal autismusixo and kill yourselfs fast. Nobody cares what label you assign yourselves you histrionic fucks, except for the one i just assigned you, because that may be true.
GAY GAY GAY
You need to accept your retardation and move into the woods.
>>29115117
gay meme
>>29115139
autistic gay meme
>>29115175
BOOP BOOP gay meme
>>29115362
REASONABLE GAYEST MEME WANNA FUK BOI
>>29115384
TRIGGERED GAY MEME
BOOPSKIBBITYBABBAB
BIKE
>>
>>29115517
are you sure y-you're not ill, OP?
>>
>>29115512
>faggot that wasn't disciplined as a child wants to claim he has a mental disorder so he can feel like a special snowflake
Kys
>>
>>29115517
This is a quality post, thanks for contributing.

Also, I think you complimented me, but I'm not sure, so thanks I guess.
>>
>>29115556
d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-dd-d-dd-d-d-dd-d-d-dd-d-d-d-d-d-dd-d-d-d-dd-d-d-d-d-d-dd-d-d-dd-d-d-dd-d-d-dd-d-did I stutter NIGGER?
Because you did. On the internet for some fucking reason. Whats up with that?
>>
>>29115607
it's for emphasis of concern
it made sense for me
why are you stuttering?
>>
>>29115578
>Being this triggered about somebody else's life
>Implying that you had know about parenting
>r9k

Having no friends isn't a mental illness, anon. It just makes you an asshole.
>>
>>29115615
It means nothing. You mean nothing. You are nothing.
Youre comparing with others to see who can be the most fucked up, while lying about being fucked up. Thats not a fucking accomplishment mate. Youre gay.
See, I once killed a pig with a stick and then went 3 days without eating. Thats an accomplishment.
>>
>>29115639
I can admire you.
You're better than all of us; I agree.
>>
>>29115639
>tfw I go 14 days without eating and they call it a mental illness not an accomplishment.

I like you anon.
>>
Schhizo-Afective disorder here.

would I be dissasociative as well? I have daily thoughts that I do not exsist in reality and am just a cosciousness experiencing the repitition of NEETDOM
>>
>>29115041
So i got diagnosed with Depersonalisation disorder like two Weeks ago, aparently have it since 2 years. Am i actually that fucked?
>>
>>29115661
I have DPD. I never felt like I was unreal. I just felt like I was existing outside the current timeline. I just really remember wanting to kill myself because "hey I'll just wake up tomorrow", or saying really weird/dumb shit that didn't make sense because "this conversation isn't actually happening".
>>
>>29115041
>aspergers
>depression
>schizophrenia
>APD

fuck me
>>
>>29115517
>Nobody cares what label you assign yourselves you histrionic fucks

They do, they're not allowing me to enlist because of my PDD-NOS, despite it being bullshit.
>>
>>29115607
Please don't listen to this troll, anons. This is someone who has disconected their empathy for any actions and reactions that occur due to their trolling. They are probably a normal person in real life and those around them would be shocked that they'd say these things.

This individual is high on the drug of knowing their are no repercussions for their actions.
>>
>>29115659
It wasent my choice, I was pretty far away from humans and my rifle fell several hundred feet. I had to jettison it to free up my left arm, so it died.
RESSSSSSTT IINNN NUGGEDTTT HEVEN
Then I had to walk a very long way. Got giardia too. Shite mearse off
>>29115653
Damn straight . Im better than anybody. Anybody who says differently is worse than me and a gay fag, So that opinion is irrelevent.
>>
>>29115700
No, the list is ridiculous and has no bearing on the actual severity of disorders. I mean, fuck, Bipolar is above depression, despite containing depression.

Every mental illness is a spectrum, and can be crippling or easily managed, depending on the case. Only you and your doctors know how bad you are.
>>
>>29115734
Thats why you fudge your papers, you dingo.
They cant find it if you just lie the whole time.
And if they do, you just say it must be a mistake.
And if you finally catch you, steal a credit card, borrow $2000 in $500 increments, and spend the money on a plane ticket to paris and a bunch of burritos to eat on the plane. Join the FFL, because if you can do 4 pullups and interpol is not hounding you, youre in nigga
>>
Obsessive compulsive disorder
Major depressive disorder
Trichotillomania
>>
>>29115175
>borderline
if you weren't such a faggot you wouldn't even be diagnosed with that shit
>>
>>29115772
>tfw the government has direct access to my medical records

Such is life in Europe
>>
>>29115744
Oh no, in real life I once called a black man a nigger and did the belamy salute.
I also chanted "build the wall" repeatedly to a mexican family.
You would be genuinely surprised what lifting weights and hanging out with a gang of other guys that lift weights can do for you.
This is real life. And im the only normal person in it.
>>
>>29115810
so youre not a muricano then?
In that case, get with dem frenchies.
Or you could go to your doctor, ask to see the original diagnosis to make a photocopy, than eat it and run.
>>
I don't know what I have, I just know something is fucked in there.

Apathy
Fatigue
Disinterested in anything I use to enjoy
Don't care about the future
Don't talk to people, don't like going to public places
Almost no sexual interest

It's been like this for the past five years, I want to feel again.
>>
File: 1455804773672.jpg (65 KB, 479x558) Image search: [Google]
1455804773672.jpg
65 KB, 479x558
>>29115041

>Major Depressive Disorder
>Paranoia
>Severe ADHD

Also suspected of having Asperger's or another mild autism-spectrum disorder but not officially diagnosed yet.
>>
>>29115842
>Or you could go to your doctor, ask to see the original diagnosis to make a photocopy, than eat it and run.

I'm gonna go with this, thanks for the advice. You should become a tripfag by the way.
>>
>having discussion
>failing to formulate simple sentence
>begin focusing intensely
>lose sight of what I was even trying to express
>focus even harder
>After like a minute I finally manage to spit out whatever the fuck I was trying to say
>feel relieved
Holy shit. It was like a fierce itch I couldn't scratch; the most uncomfortable I've ever felt. Is this what schizophrenia is like?
>>
>>29115901
Why would I become a Faggot who has little spacial awareness and a likelihood to fall?
My unique brand of being better than everybody has brought a lot of joy to this board. If I become a tripfag, then I start trying, which ive never done before. It sounds scary.
>>
File: 1372484274734.png (148 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1372484274734.png
148 KB, 300x300
>>29115041
Schizophrenia here.

Usually I have some horrifying spiders appearing out of nowhere trying to bite me. I can usually tell myself I'm seeing shit, though its always scary in the moment.
But recently I saw what looked like the legs of a giant one folding into a gap in the bookshelf in my room. I've been on edge ever since. Maybe a week or two ago, I lost track of time somewhere.

My life's gone nowhere for the past few years. I think I kinda just gave up on everything after being kept back a year in school due to illness.
All I really have is escapism. I need to catch up on several anime, I've missed a few episodes but can't even summon the effort to watch them.
>>
>>29116035
>having discussions
Its like youre poop
>>
>>29115864
Sounds like Schizoid Personality Disorder
I'm sorry, anon
It's incurable.
Death is the only escape.
or drugs
>>
>>29116099
Do ME DO ME
My symptoms are:
POOP
GAY
FUCK THE SYSTEM
KILL YOURSELF
GASSS THIS CLASSSSSS
what snowflake can I be?
>>
>>29115041
>Major depression
>Avoidant personality disorder
>Social anxiety disorder

Also a KHV, how fucked am I robots?
>>
>>29116087
schizophrenia here.

I suffer from paranoid delusions

sometimes i think other people can hear my thoughts. When this happens I just leave the room.

Other times i think other peoples conversations are actually secret messages to me, when this happens I put on headphones and listen to something else or watch a video.

I also used to have auditory hallucinations but since ive been on my meds they have disappeared
>>
>>29116167
Not at all, youre a poopy KV, youve never been fucked, and you never will be.
HICH FIVE
>>
god i have diagnosises under all of them.
>>
>>29116207
No you don't anon, there's no need to lie about this stuff.
>>
i call bullshit on tumblr because they don't actually HAVE those mental illnesses, they just think they do because they have "relatable" symptoms like not being able to function in society
>>
i feel like schizophrenia is just an umbrella term for crazy
>>
>>29116219
>ADHD
>anxiety
>depression
>schizophrenia

not that hard
>>
>>29116249
>implying any doctor would diagnose schizophrenia and ADHD together

Why is it that since this chart appeared, nearly everyone that posts in these threads is diagnosed with schizophrenia?
>>
>>29116265
becuase the chart is not real
and neither are you
youre on wheel of fortune
and the wheel landed on poop
very fortunate desu
>>
>>29116265
do you actually know anything about ADHD and schizophrenia comorbidity or are you making assumptions
>>
File: roach34.png (36 KB, 331x373) Image search: [Google]
roach34.png
36 KB, 331x373
>anti social personality disorder is normie tier

do not anger me you roach op
>>
>>29115041

i scored major depression and schizophrenia. with bonus anxiety. the anxiety is whats fucking me up the worst lately. really makes it hard to work and maintain my sorry excuse for a life. could be worse i guess.
>>
File: 14.jpg (19 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
14.jpg
19 KB, 250x250
who /ocd/ here?

>get an intrusive thought that lasts months
>it abruptly stops
>have a few weeks before the next one appears

It's always weird horrible shit too, like having to flush the toilet 2-3x because there might still be waste, then obsessively thinking about eating my own poop then having breakdowns
>>
>>29116320

personal fave is i can't be withing 10 meters of pencils or other sharp objects or my eyes will be gorged out
>>
>>29116301
The shared symptoms would make diagnosis of the two together very difficult, and as such wouldn't be likely to be diagnosed together. You do know that schizophrenia is more than just hallucinations, right?
>>
>>29116336
my main symptom is delusions and paranoia actually. i do get hallucinations though. thought disorder isn't too noticeable most of the time thank fuck.
>>
>>29116347
Sure anon, I believe you, and you're very cool for having it.
>>
>>29116360
>>29116347

these two are the same person I bet
>>
>>29116392
Post times my man.
>>
>putting actual, measurable afflictions like schizophrenia and alzhiemers in the same categories as abstract, theoretical, thinking abnormalities like depression and social anxiety

Can we just agree to fucking stop this.
Things like major depressive disorder and histrionic personality disorder can be shitty and a challenge, but they are not nearly as bad as having an actual physical defect in your brain.

It's like someone who suffers from fatigue comparing themselves to a quadriplegic.
>>
>>29116626
Schizophrenia is in the same category as depression and anxiety though, medically speaking, both are mental conditions, not neurological ones.
>>
>>29115661
This is pretty much how I feel on a daily basis. I also hear voices and shit, but it is weird, because I don't hear them in the same way I physically hear things, it's like I hear them with my brain,beneath all my physical senses. It's difficult to explain, but generally they play out these insane delusions where none of my physical reality exists, and outside of it, the voices of people know are trying to convince me to kill myself in order to get back to the real world. It fucked me up for awhile, but I'm pretty self-aware about it and am able to cope with it, and ignore it in a sense. Still never been diagnosed, tried to see a psychologist regarding stuff that was pretty unrelated(parents divorced) but couldn't bring myself to talk about it. I'm omitting a lot of details that involve my family and friends being viciously tortured and switching between totally hating me for being selfish enough to stay in this reality, or all being dead. It's a trip man.
>>
>>29116038
How else would I be able to identify you as superior if not by a tripcode?
>>
>>29116189
>>29116189
>Other times i think other peoples conversations are actually secret messages to me, when this happens I put on headphones and listen to something else or watch a video.

This shit SUX. I've learned to ignore it, but I think people have caught on and some people actually do it, and then I end up ignoring all of it, or maybe me thinking some are delusions but others aren't is just another delusion. It makes everything such a damn puzzle, life would be so much simpler without it. I've learned to love myself and be cool with it, and I honestly do think that it gives me new creative insights and ways of thinking, but it is a huge crutch socially, and so much of it involves things I literally cannot talk to people about because they just would not understand that these are not thoughts I particularly enjoy, or that I consciously choose to have.
>>
>tfw major depression and depersonalization
I've had depersonalization since I was a child, and developed major depression in my teens.
They play off eachother really badly sometimes in a vicious cycle.
>>
If one of your parents has alzheimer's, are you at risk of having it too?
>>
I was diagnosed schizoaffective by one doctor and bipolar by another. My original and favorite doctor diagnosed it as brief reactive psychosis. I had multiple episodes after that so I can understand the upgrade to schizoaffective but my current doctor diagnosing as bipolar confuses me.
>>
>>29116972
Try taking Naloxone.
>>
>>29117023
>schizoaffective

what actually is schizoaffective disorder?
>>
>>29117142
it's like schizophrenia lite plus mood disorders
>>
>>29115816
you seem awesome
>>
>>29117162

i have schizophrenia. i cant imagine how you could have a lite version of it. you are either hallucinating and delusional or youre not.
>>
>>29117321
Because Schizophrenia is a spectrum disorder you moron, the fact you think there's no change in severity makes me think you don't really even have it. Even a single person with schizophrenia won't be hallucinating and delusional most of the time, that's even in the diagnostic criteria. Most of the time it's just negative symptoms.
>>
Diagnosed schizoaffective and schizotypal. Would imagine there's a bipolar in that, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZN7XLKzLDI
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 500x560) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 500x560
Alright let me bump this thread

I've been diagnosed with autism spectrum dissorder, avoidant peronality dissorder and a few other things that don't really matter in my opionion. Other than that I'm a polydrug abuser which I am sort of in treatment for.

I've been living in grouphomes and psychwards ever since I was 15 and now I'm in the ward again with nothing to do but shitpost on 4chan and play runescape.
>>
>>29118391
What sort of psych ward has computers with unrestricted access to the internet?
>>
I feel like I'm living a normie life orchestrated by my repressed "other me" who wants me to fulfill my normie dreams before he can take control over my body and realize our dreams. What the fuck is that called?
>>
>>29119687
That's not an illness, that's just you desiring change and being unhappy with your current way of life. I guarantee if you give into it a bit more, it'll feel much less alien.
>>
>>29115041
Why is depersonalization"beyond hope" tier? I have it and I don't feel as bad as a schizophrenic. Anxiety disorders are typically far worse than major depression anyways. It's only a meme when some cute white girl does it for attention, when you can't leave your house for months on end because of potential human interaction it's completely different

t. Someone who almost successfully killed themselves twice from anxiety depression and depersonalization that came later
>>
who /majordepressivedisorder/ here
>>
>>29119904
The person who made this has little to no understanding of mental illnesses, that's why.

Most obvious is that half of the ones he lists don't even exist anymore, and that Bipolar is somehow above depression.
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.