[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think not playing sports as a kid messed you up?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: coach-little-league.jpg (335 KB, 1600x1130) Image search: [Google]
coach-little-league.jpg
335 KB, 1600x1130
Do you think not playing sports as a kid messed you up?
>>
>>29114957
I did
It didn't help
>>
I was on the football team in elementary and still ended up a piece of shit.
>>
I did and I still came out messed up. In fact, I got head injuries that probably made it worse.
>>
I did I just kept getting cut from teams and my confidence was shot.
Here I am.
>>
I remember I played teeball when I was like 5 or 6

>up to bat for my first time in an actual game
>hit it pretty far
>for some reason the umpire points to the left
>assume he's telling me where to go
>run the wrong way to third base
>normie parents in the bleachers all laughing at me
>cry in the dugout for the rest of the game
>beg my parents to let me quit

Since then my life was downhill. Before that I got along well with everyone but since the incident I was always seen as different from all the other boys. Also I'm pretty sure my dad started to hate me then since he realized that I wouldn't live up to his captain of the football team, cheerleader-fucking Chad legacy
>>
Wasn't interested in sports at all when I was a kid. Like aged 6 or so. I think that your interests and what you like are determined at an extremely young age.
>>
my parents tried to make me swim but i would try to not go and when we got there i would try to run away into the field nearby. i hated it because i sucked and relays where i was slowing the team down made me want to kill myself so i would float faster
>>
>could of gotten a sports scholarship to a good school
>met a qt who isnt a degenerate
>graduate and enter the professional world together
>have kids a house and a purpose in life

>jerked off and did fuck shit in high school
>fuck around in community college
>living just above poverty
>paying for school out of pocket
>still have at least 3 years of school

i fucked myself pretty rough desu
>>
>>29114965
Same here.

Hockey from 5-16, baseball from 7-11, soccer ~4-7.

Still full on beta loser.
>>
File: Literally me.png (649 KB, 537x720) Image search: [Google]
Literally me.png
649 KB, 537x720
>>29114957
>played on various sports teams as a kid
>everyone gets a trophy at the end of the season
>never have to actually work for any achievements, just being there is good enough
>>
muh sports, most boring shit on earth forced down throats
>>
I think in my case it did. It's a serious regret I have.
>>
I played soccer for 7 years.
I was ok, solid in defense, you were lucky to get past me. I was an average player, couldn't do no fancy shit, i just stopped the ball. I never scored a goal because i was shit at striker.
People didn't talk to me much but when they did it was usually mild encouragement. But i was so average, i always felt a bit weird when people complemented me, it sounded empty to me. I didn't fit in really, because my teammates became more skilled as the years progressed and i was always that dude in the back who could stop a ball but couldn't juggle or do fancy shit. I got bored and i left.
>>
>>29115310
the silent lumberjack in the defense is the backbone of a good team
american culture of attentionwhoring is cancer
>>
>>29114957
bitch if youre a robot playing sports messes you up
>>
>>29114957
i played sports all the way up until high school and im still super fucked up. it didnt help me "escape" my depression or problems. It didnt make me a team player. I didnt even make any friends. This is 10 years of various sports. Ive played soccer baseball basketball football. Didnt enjoy any of them. I stopped because it just stressed me out too much. It ended up making my depression worse. Then ofcourse i got alot of shit from my family and people i knew for stopping. I just graduated highschool and im glad i didnt do any sports in highschool because Ive really enjoyed being a massive neet. Racking up 5000+ hours of videogames in the last 3 years of highschool alone. Moral of the story is that sports wont make you a normie. If you have mental issues sports wouldnt have made a difference.
>>
>>29114957
I was on a football team and a baseball team.

I still ended up here.
>>
>>29115353
Australia actually, but yeah it's the same here. The coach was a good bloke though.
>>
It doesn't work like that.

If a kid doesn't like sports, there's no way they will enjoy it, therefore be good at it, and then be confident and not become a robot.

I don't like team sports much. Maybe volleyball is OK from all of it. I love swimming, but I didn't have the opportunity to swim much, just one hour a week in middle school and that's all. Got back to it in university (obligatory PE classes - one hour/week again), but then I didn't have time to truly enjoy being in water - focused on studies way too much.

Would more team sports help me? Fuck no, I'd hate it even more - I wasn't good at that and others told me that a lot in a not very nice way. More swimming? Rather not, maybe I'd be slightly happier during that time.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.