[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Haircuts are such a pain in the ass. I don't know what to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 16
File: B7FIdB8CYAE2zm4.jpg (73 KB, 576x1024) Image search: [Google]
B7FIdB8CYAE2zm4.jpg
73 KB, 576x1024
Haircuts are such a pain in the ass. I don't know what to tell them besides "short". Sometimes they do competent work and sometimes I end up looking like this dipshit.

I need a hair style that will look OK, still look OK when it grows out, and how to direct them to do it.

Also, I'm American, how the hell do I tip them without making it awkward and weird? "Here's $20 for the haircut, and this $5 is for you. 25% is a bit much for a tip but I can't really ask for change on the tip now can I?"
>>
>>29113281
If you tell them short and not something specific like "3 on top, 2 on the sides" or some stupid shit they'll just cut what they think short means. I always just get a 2 all around buzz cut.

Can't tell you how to style your hair cause I don't know what it looks like

Generally I tip pretty generously. Get my hair cut at great clips before noon for the early bird special, generally comes out to like $11 something. I'll usually just tip $5 if I get the early bird special, if not I'll just give them the full $20 and tell them to keep the change (ends up workin out to like ~$16-18 if I don't, and a $2-4 tip is still a lot). But tip how you want. They do a shit job, give a shit tip. Do a good job, give a good tip.
>>
>>29113281
Just get a buzz cut every 4 months like a normal robot.
>>
SON YOU NEED A GOT DANG MULLET. THAT HOE GONE NEVER LET YOU DOWN BOY
>>
HOW IS IT FUCKING POSSIBLE YOU'RE THIS FUCKING STUPID??

>jacket with no shirt
>popped collar
>fucked hair
>no shower
>no shave
>frowning
>concerned look
>white

are you fucking trying to be repulsive or are you just autistic as fuck?
>>
>>29113281
I just got a buzzcut and I'm gonna start getting hitler youth haircut after that.

Now I just need to figure out how the haircut is actually named...
>>
>>29114572
lol u r a dumbo
>>
>>29113281
That guy needs to shoot his barber
>>
>>29113281
Take a picture when it turns out well. Then just show them and be like, "like that."
>>
That's a JUST haircut right there.

Stick with shorter hair OP. I wouldn't go more than a medium length.

Check these haircuts for a reference:
https://www.thegentlemensbarber.com/gallery.html
>>
i cut my hair myself
>>
Here's a fashion tip: Do literally the exact opposite of everything you're doing there and you'll be perfect.
>>
>>29113281
Just show them a picture on your phone of a haircut you like. Then just pay them when they're finished. If you don't like something tell them b4 its too late.

What are they going to do, kill you?
>>
>>29113281
Get the top cut at a 3, leave the bangs a bit longer, and fade it to a no guard an inch above the ear. Congrats now you look like a Normie instead of a snapshot that's too autistic to get a goddamned haircut.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
this was the last time i ever went to great clips. the woman held up the mirror and i saw this, literally walked out without paying. find a barber you trust and frequent them, it will also become less awkward with time as they get to know you.
>>
>>29115692
This one. Find a haircut that you like, find a trustworthy barber, explain them the haircut that you want, and if he/she manages to do it well in the first time you visit them, you probably found the person for the job. If you don't like something tell them before its too late, its their fucking job not to fuck your hair up, and in my personal experience, they will remember it for the next time (what you prefer, what not to do, etc).
>>
>>29115692
So THAT's what's up with the red spots on my neck.

How do these appear? Pulling hair too much?
>>
i don't deal with fucking hair anymore i just buzz it half inch and i get my mother to do it so i don't have to pay $20 for 5 minutes of work. i'm locked to short hair anyway because it would look disgusting growing in.
>>
>>29115757
I think the woman was just being heavy handed with the clipper. idk shit was red for a solid 3 days i was pretty pissed.
>>
>>29115903
Did it hurt? Cause I didn't feel anything and yet still have those spots.
>>
Go hitler youth, unless ur black (if ur black just hang urself, cos we can't be bother to lynch u ourselves... Yet)
>>
>>29115950
yeah it felt like she was being rough that time around usually she cut my hair alright I thought I found someone alright but then she fucks me up and my brother went to the same great clips and im under the assumption she fucked him up too now neither of us go there in fear of getting a "just fuck me up"
>>
File: 1401x788-173527775.jpg (669 KB, 1401x788) Image search: [Google]
1401x788-173527775.jpg
669 KB, 1401x788
JUST don't cut it
ever
>>
File: 1430433334988.jpg (15 KB, 250x329) Image search: [Google]
1430433334988.jpg
15 KB, 250x329
>>29113281

>tipping the barber

you
literally
cannot
make
this
shit
up
>>
>>29115692
>little baby bitch has sensitive skin and rips off the barber

Jesus christ this generation makes me want to kill myself even more than I already do.
>>
>>29116044
>not tipping the barber

Stop being so fucking poor.
>>
File: 1DgJfSG.png (77 KB, 216x253) Image search: [Google]
1DgJfSG.png
77 KB, 216x253
Go for this. Short on the sides, long and messy on top. It literally always work (unless you have thick curly hair then you're basically fucked)
>>
OP pic looks like he wanted to cosplay as a background Mount & Blade character.
>>
File: 1783017_0.jpg (29 KB, 540x309) Image search: [Google]
1783017_0.jpg
29 KB, 540x309
>>29115551
>What are they gonna do, kill you?
DON'T PRESS A
>>
File: 1460960762625s.jpg (4 KB, 98x125) Image search: [Google]
1460960762625s.jpg
4 KB, 98x125
>>29113281
>no other sizes for this image found

Uh oh
>>
>>29116044
tipping a barber isn't like tipping a waiter/waitress. the barber actually needs to have skill to get tipped and do a very good job. all waiters need to do is fill up my fucking cup and bring me my food. i never tip wait staff but when i did go to barbers i just gave them $5.
>>
>paying $25 for a basic haircut

literally what
>>
>>29116049
nah look at it, the edging's all fucked up too
>>
>ameritips
l m a o
m
a
o
>>
>>29114634
Undercut

Original commentitoo
>>
>>29113468
>Generally I tip pretty generously.

>tipping barbers

Fucking Americans.
>>
i just cut all my hair with clippers every 4 or 5 months.
>>
>>29113281
> Get a haircut
> Literally only personal labour
> tip extra for the personal labour

Fuckimg what?
>>
>>29114572
>HOW IS IT FUCKING POSSIBLE YOU'RE THIS FUCKING STUPID??
oh the irony
>>
>tfw nice Slavic barber moved away and illegal from Africa moved in
>>
>>29113281

>go to haircutter's just before closing time to avoid normies
>haircutter is a loud-mouthed black woman
>talks to me about how she knows how to win fights by punching people's throats
>makes fun of me for being fat
>tells me I'm big on the outside but little on the inside
>patronizes me the entire time
>can't tell if she's even trying to insult me or if she's just loud mouthed because she goes on about a bunch of random shit
>basically confirms all my insecurities
>the haircut she gives me looks like shit compared to usual

Just fuck my shit up senpai.
>>
>>29118238
>probably paid for this shit too
you can't make it up.
>>
>>29118346

I did anon, even gave her a fucking tip.

I felt like killing myself afterwards for being such a beta fag, but t b h it's for the better because I've been on a 1,000 calorie diet for 2 weeks now.

It was such a humiliating experience that it was a wakeup call that's "inspired" me to improve my life. She confirmed ALL of my insecurities that day, Jesus Christ.
>>
>>29118045

I do it every week.
>>
>>29116313
Thay get paid for doing their job, they set the prices, only skill and a tiny bit och product at the end.

Still tipping? What a fucking stupid thing to do.
>>
I just buzz my hair now. Save money on haircuts/hair care products plus no awkwardness around getting a haircut plus not spending time on it every morning.
>>
>>29113281
l've been cutting my own hair for the last 4 years, its fine if you don't mind having the same hair cut for the rest of your life

a pair of cheap clippers is about as much as a haircut in some places and you don't have to sit through an awkward social interaction

and if you fuck it up you can just shave it all off and start again anyway
>>
>>29118434
it's okay lad. negresses are vicious animals but at least you learned something from it. i'm glad you're trying to better yourself in a way that doesn't just amount to more hours in the gym.
>>
File: buzzed youngfag me.jpg (122 KB, 668x856) Image search: [Google]
buzzed youngfag me.jpg
122 KB, 668x856
>>29118485
>I just buzz my hair now.
this is the new meme haircut like the undercut, but it depends entirely on your facial structure and attractiveness (not gonna say the a word because it triggers me) so the meme won't last long. the undercut was popular because it worked for basically everyone. buzzcuts only work if you have a chad face.

>mfw i was told to get a buzzcut when this is what i look like with a buzzcut
>>
File: comfy.jpg (23 KB, 362x362) Image search: [Google]
comfy.jpg
23 KB, 362x362
>tfw I go to fancy womans salon and get an $80 hair cut and wash
feels so good man
>>
>>29118788
>i'm glad you're trying to better yourself in a way that doesn't just amount to more hours in the gym.
??

What's wrong with gym??
>>
>>29118911
le "improve yourself" meme usually just means go to the gym more and isn't really improving yourself at all.

there's nothing wrong with the gym, i just thought you weren't falling for the normalfag "advice."

if you are then i regret praising you.
>>
>>29118815
I would've let you suck my cock, no kidding.
>>
>>29118815
That's horse shit, if you're ugly, you're ugly, it doesn't matter unless you get a really expensive hair cut every three weeks and spend money fixing the asymmetries in your face.

The only time you shouldn't get a buzz cut is if you have a weird shaped head.

I know I probably could spend a lot of money on hair cuts and fixing asymmetries in my face but I just be fucking bothered. Any average hair cut looks better for about a week or two and then looks like shit again by week 3 or 4.
>>
>>29118930
I'm not even him but what the shit are you trying to say?

Somehow dieting is "improving yourself" more than going to the gym? What's the fucking difference here?
>>
File: asymmetries.png (839 KB, 668x850) Image search: [Google]
asymmetries.png
839 KB, 668x850
>>29118934
i was a lot more attractive back then believe it or not. currently i look like shit.

>>29118936
you don't understand the importance of hair when it comes attractiveness.

>The only time you shouldn't get a buzz cut is if you have a weird shaped head.
which i do and i suspect many do. unless your face is 9/10 symmetrical you should not get a buzzcut. a good haircut can distract from asymmetries like in my picture. a buzzcut draws direct attention to them.
>>
>>29113281
>haircuts are a pain in the ass
>haircuts cost $20
>haircuts have a chance of making you look like a doofus
why even cut your hair?

grow it long. if you've never had your hair touch your back then you owe it to yourself
>>
>>29118980
I know I'm ugly and a hair cut isn't going to change that much and I just can't be fucking bothered spending hundreds of dollars per year on getting hair cuts. I'd rather buzz it and not be bothered with it and use that money saved on my own personal enjoyment.
>>
>>29119018
>I know I'm ugly and a hair cut isn't going to change that much
well going from a 1/10 to a 2/10 is still a 100% improvement.

if you truly don't care then yeah just buzz or shave it all off and stop giving a fuck.
>>
>>29118980
Anon shut the fuck up everyone has face asymmetries. Yours are minuscule. There's more to attractiveness than simply lack fo asymmetries. The general impression is what counts.

Your flaw seems to be lack of test, assuming your face hasn't changed much since you were what, 14 in that picture?

And I would probably let you suck my cock regardless.
>>
>>29119053
Lack of test in your jaw*
>>
>>29119041
Honestly hair cuts can also make you more ugly, unless you get expensive hair cuts every two weeks and spend a fuck ton of time maintaining it. Most people can't be fucking bothered. For a lot of people having a buzz cut looks neater and cleaner than when they grow it out. A lot of people don't have good hair genetics and it looks like shit when they grow it out
>>
File: me recent.png (635 KB, 624x832) Image search: [Google]
me recent.png
635 KB, 624x832
>>29119074
>Lack of test in your jaw*
yeah i fully intend on getting jaw implants when i can afford them.
>Anon shut the fuck up everyone has face asymmetries. Yours are minuscule.
I dunno, lack of a centered chin, cleft chin, nose not centered, eyes not level, lazy eye, etc. seem pretty significant to me.
>assuming your face hasn't changed much since you were what, 14 in that picture?
no not really.
>And I would probably let you suck my cock regardless.
unfortunately i'm not homo
>>
>>29119102
>good hair genetics
90% of how your hair looks is based on diet and general health

if your hair is genuinely shitty (not talking about a haircut) you are unhealthy.
>>
>>29114572
This is how I dress except with out frown, but with concerned look and I get mad bitches.
>>
>>29119117
Are you trolling? Is this a joke? Have you considered that r9k brainwashed you in a way that amplified your insecurities by a factor of 1000?
>>
>>29119340
>Are you trolling? Is this a joke?
what did i say that made you think i was trolling or joking?
>>
>>29119117
Holy shit your biggest issue is your skin.

If you'd get some more definition on your jaw and cleared your skin you'd honestly look pretty good.

You're autistic about the asymmetries. Nobody cares and nobody notices. Like I said it's the general shapes and lines that matter.

>>29119226
>90% of how your hair looks is based on diet and general health
Anon you should just kill yourself.

Hair is one of the hardest things to change. Even artificial changes are difficult and hence extremely expensive.

Genetics all the way.
>>
>>29119352
>Holy shit your biggest issue is your skin.
that's not possible to fix because accutane is $400/script and disabled.
>inb4 pillowcase, reddit skincare links, etc etc
i've been dealing with this skin shit for over a decade now. i've tried it all. accutane is the only option.
>If you'd get some more definition on your jaw
exactly how would you get more definition on a jaw when you're post pubescent without a jaw implant?
>Like I said it's the general shapes and lines that matter.
are you implying that asymmetries are not part of "general shape and lines?" because i drew you plenty of lines in the picture earlier.
>>
>>29119352
I'm not making this up.

Baldness is usually genetic, but awful full hair isn't.

You might not like curls, straight hair, asian hair, nigger hair, etc but there are "good" and bad types of both. You can't control what kind of hair you're born with, but you can control whether it is in good or bad shape.

balding doesn't win you any points but I don't know any bald guys that don't have a girlfriend or wife, so I doubt it's the worst thing that could happen to someone
>>
>>29119074
>testosterone exists in your jaw

You millenials that grew up in this festering hole are becoming so wrapped up in your own self propagated idiocy you give new meanings to dementia. I'd curb stump your high test jaw with my dick if that anon isn't game.
>>
>>29115979
You let a woman cut your hair what did you expect you fucking idiot
>>
>>29115365
>i'm sorry sir your hair is not ...'thick' enough for this style

JUST FUCKING KILL ME
>>
>>29119389
>i've been dealing with this skin shit for over a decade now
You don't even have scars, lucky motherfucker. And you're crying?

>exactly how would you get more definition on a jaw when you're post pubescent without a jaw implant?
Ugh work out? With enough lifting you could just lose the thin layer of fat from your chin and build a strong neck with shoulders which overall adds to the impression of strength.

>because i drew you plenty of lines in the picture earlier.
Actual lines that are part of your face, not some autistic mathematic shapes and lines as if your face was some fucking project.

The lines and shapes that matter are skull, cheekbones, jawline, hairline, shape of eyes, shape of eyebrows. Nose and mouth or anything else is secondary ie nobody gives a shit about those unless they're extremely fucked up. There's no "pretty mouth" or "beautiful nose," but there's the attractive eyebrows and eyes.

>>29119435
I wasn't talking about only baldness. Hair strength and thickness is also genetic. Thick strong hair usually takes longer to recede.

>>29119465
Are you seriously actually unironically legitimately saying jaw doesn't reflect the amount of testosterone you had during puberty? How about you curbstomp yourself you feminine faggot twink homosex.
>>
File: me at 135.jpg (43 KB, 541x960) Image search: [Google]
me at 135.jpg
43 KB, 541x960
>>29119577
>You don't even have scars, lucky motherfucker. And you're crying?
I do. The shitty pictures I took that I posted don't really show them well. I'll make a collage for you.
>Ugh work out? With enough lifting you could just lose the thin layer of fat from your chin and build a strong neck with shoulders which overall adds to the impression of strength.
pic related me at 135lbs 6' tall
girl is my sister who suicided 2 years ago
>>
>>29119117
YOU LOOK LIKE PAUL DANO LMFAO!!!!!
>>
>>29119673
Fuck man at first I looked at your horrible smile, then thought "well at least he has a gf", but now I'm just sad :(
>>
>>29119673
Were you a mouthbreather at any point?
>>
File: scarring from about a year ago.png (2 MB, 736x1280) Image search: [Google]
scarring from about a year ago.png
2 MB, 736x1280
>>29119577
here's the scarring but it's from about a year ago. it's worse now.

>>29119750
>horrible smile
that's what happens when you have small bottom teeth and a huge bottom lip like a negro.
>>
>>29119766
>Were you a mouthbreather at any point?
the only time i've ever breathed through my mouth for any significant period of time was during running/exercise. otherwise no i've never done that.

it's mainly because i have a recessed jaw from never getting braces. not mouthbreathing.
>>
>>29119769
You call THOSE scars? HAhahahahaahahahh I wonder what you'd call the craters on my face. Literal craters and canyons. I could go around Halloween maskless and say I'm the fucking planet Mars.
>>
>>29119769
Want to pop those whiteheads so bad...
>>
>>29119790
>You call THOSE scars?
I guess, yeah? Whether yours are worse or not is irrelevant because it's disgusting to people no matter how small/large they are.

And I've never had the opportunity to see what my face looks like without shit all over it, so I don't know how bad they actually are.

>>29119812
none of those were poppable.
>>
>>29116313
> i just gave them $5
I pay this much for my haircut.
>>
>>29113281

Barbers/Stylists love reference photos, download the style you want and go over what you like about it with them on your phone.

Also try to find an old barbershop with old barbers
>>
>>29119823
>because it's disgusting to people no matter how small/large they are.
Again, you're autistic.

The ones you have will disappear eventually. They'll become as small as poors.

Brad Pitt has visible scars, hugely larger than yours. Bet you didn't ever even notice. Go ahead, ask around, see if ANYONE ever noticed them?

You're stuck in the details.
>>
File: tumblr_n9c54tNo7E1sy494ho6_400.jpg (38 KB, 370x518) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n9c54tNo7E1sy494ho6_400.jpg
38 KB, 370x518
>>29119987
>eventually
being the key word.

look at skrillex YEARS after he fixed his acne.

and it doesn't matter as long as there are red dots on your face you could be the chaddiest or chads and still be 1/10.

i don't know if you're the same guy talking about how i could strength my jaw by losing fat, but i think the picture earlier thoroughly disproves that. i need implants.
>>
>>29120014
Hahahah retard. You wouldn't even imagine how bad Skrillex must have looked back in the day.

For the last time, take it from Mars himself, scars get smaller. Much much smaller. The ones that are just holes ie craters disappear over time. Only the huge valleys and canyons remain, and even then they'll be smaller.
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.