[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who is trying?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7
File: 1465036032497.jpg (20 KB, 308x450) Image search: [Google]
1465036032497.jpg
20 KB, 308x450
Is anyone here actually improving, or are you all stuck in the spiral of resentment and fear?

I am wielding my philosophy with more courage, and am feeling more alive than I ever have been. The setbacks are nominal. They simply exist because I choose to do wrong, that is; to go against what I know to be right for myself, by myself.

You'd be surprised by how much you'd change in two weeks merely by earnestly sincere to an principle of conduct.

Anyone else think like this?
>>
I don't mean to say that I'm some kind of superior being, you all know full well I'm not. But even small convictions lived by earnestly can very easily change your life. Of course you need to actually DO it first, which requires what we can practically call courage. The little things too, require courage. And so I call attention to the OP..
>>
Always been a self improvement fan but I want to work especially hard to save money in the next few weeks with extreme discipline.
>>
nice hat w2c
>>
File: armenische legion.jpg (31 KB, 298x400) Image search: [Google]
armenische legion.jpg
31 KB, 298x400
Gains, bitch.

https://gyazo.com/17faad0d839640a5e78398033f1c396d
>>
>>29112921
>work to improve my social skills/fight social aversion or whateverthefuck it's called where you're practically afraid to contact people
>try to get /fit/
>get a career, become someone who gets promotions because he deserves it
>build better/more functional relationships with family

>sometimes people voluntarily hang out with me
>sometimes women voluntarily talk to me
>often have hope for the future
>have a decent career, no meme degree required

sometimes it really does get better I guess. still wish I'd've killed myself back in '11 sometimes though.
>>
>>29113287
That's good to hear. What steps are you willing to take? May be good to think of a set amount to save.

>Self-improvement." It's become something of a meme to people, synonamous with "self-help" books almost. I don't really like the word. Yes, you are self-improving in however small or big a way, but to what end? It seems like it only means something if the goal is to REACH the Self BY improving..
>>
I tried but gained nothing from it
>>
>>29113457
Agree. It's a very proud aesthetic

>>29113486
Admiring arm width.

>>29113495
That's good.
That feel is understandable, but you can't stay on the fence forever either. Try not to overwhelm yourself with tasks, perhaps visualize an ideal, or a code of your own, and live by it fiercely.
>>
>>29112921
What's your philosophy Op how did you arrive at it?
>>
File: festooned.jpg (52 KB, 340x503) Image search: [Google]
festooned.jpg
52 KB, 340x503
>>29113617
Thanks, senpai. I've been reading too.
>>
>>29113514
Are you saying you are exceptional? And somehow exempt from the inevitable effort? Lol.
>>
I paint everyday and improving pretty well too
It's utterly meaningless in the long term sense of the world, I don't think that Sorollas or Michelangelos or such will exist now that we've hit the internet age and people everywhere are churning out lower quality work, but it gives me something to do that I love, and starting to get work from it too

plus means I'll be able to paint my own pepes, corner the homemade market
>>
>>29112921
Stoicism is great for this kind of viewpoint
>>
>>29113641
1. To be worthy of what I possess.

2. To be courageous.

3. To harmonize my relationship with the world.

I realize that these things become the others, and are practically alike.
It requires more thought before I can commit it entirely to paper.
>>
File: ss.jpg (865 KB, 2048x1944) Image search: [Google]
ss.jpg
865 KB, 2048x1944
>>29113617
>an ideal, or a code of your own
I'm at a point in my life where I'm satisfied enough that I don't really feel the need for a "code" of any sort, or perhaps you could say that I've just defined my own values and personality enough that I no longer feel the need to define them any more than you'd need to actively think about where the 'c' key is before typing the word "schlong."

I do just set social goals though, since that's the biggest current hurdle I can't get over.
>Text X amount of people in Y time
>Consciously review what other people do/say that I like and why, try to emulate it so that others find me enjoyable to be around

Another thing I'm getting much better at is empathy and emotional thinking, I used to be a full meme as far as not understanding other peoples' views or sympathizing with their "invalid" emotions. I can't say I had a particular method, I just spent several years knowing that it was a problem and trying to fix it, and I suppose it's gotten slightly better.

pic related; it's me in the middle of a big trip to another state to visit family, and keeping up the illusion of having an active social life by lying to them and saying I was going to meet friends at a bar. You've probably already guessed that I just bought some beer at the market and drank alone in the park. Lying to family to allow them to think I have a more successful social life than I truly do is probably the one real time I still lie, telling the truth even when it makes me look retarded is one of the moral points I've tried to make a bigger part of my character in the past few years.
>>
>>29113866
You say you find it meaningless, yet your actions are saying something else.

>>29113892

Depends on how skillfully you wield it.
>>
I just *literally* just stopped caring about what other people think about me. My whole life I sought other people's attention whether I was verbal about it or not. Today I kept my head down, didn't give a shit what people thought and it was one of my happiest days in years. I felt cognitively quicker because I was effortlessly thinking about the problems in front of me instead of having my attention subtly diverted to the issue of whether or not I'm accepted or what other people think

To be clear, I'm not massively or obnoxiously obsequious or anything. Im just socially awkward and the constant struggle for positive social outcomes dominated my thought patterns. From here I expect it will be much easier to work on genuine social bonds desu.
>>
>>29114070
Well you know yourself - or at least SHOULD know yourself - better than I do. And that appears to be so. Try to keep it going smoothly.
>>
I'm trying. I have my last university exam in a couple of hours, actually. The last few years have been very difficult, possibly my only achievement is that I've been able to keep my grades up despite hating every single thing about my life, and lacking motivation to do anything.

As of late, I've been eating healthier, exercising, reading more, learning an instrument. Still not feeling great, and anxious about the future (since I'm technically NEET as soon as today is over), but I do feel I actually have some kind of motivation and reason to move forward.
>>
>>29114185
Good that your confidence has risen. Build upon it. I'd reccomend physical exercise... some people get too caught up in their own heads. Good to let loose some tension, bring awareness back to what's around.
>>
>>29114423
It's good that you can say your grades have been consistent. Discipline in any respect is admirable and rounds a person out. Especially if you are bringing yourself to do other beneficial things besides work. But do you believe in what you do, or where you are going? Or are you just doing what is expected?
>>
>>29114703
I definitely only went to university because it is what was expected. As time went on that turned into a genuine interest. But there is nothing expected of me now, besides getting some form of employment. So I'm definitely looking for something I believe in, ideally I want to work in charity if that's possible.
>>
How do we even start when we're basically broken and have missed out on years of social development? I feel like I'd be starting all over again at 14 even though I'm 24.
>>
>>29114879
The way I see it, any normie who moved to a completely new city or country would essentially be in the same position. They would have more skills to deal with starting anew, but I think the fact they pull it off is at least proof that doors aren't closed for restarting your life in your 20s.
>>
Constant anxiety when looking at fear right in its eyes. Stuck in an infinite spiral of self-doubt, self-hatred and resentment. The sheer mention of improvement and accomplishment makes me quiver. I'll never take any risks, too scared of criticism and disappointment. Everything I did was to satisfy my parents.
>>
>every day is a "should I get out of bed right now or 30 minutes later" episode.
>every time I come back from class I can't seems to figure out how to do the exact thing the prof showed us how to do no matter how long my notes are

I'm just fucking stupid
>>
>>29114879
Courage. Be brave. You are not "broken". Start somewhere small and start simple. Seek out people like you, but people who have the experience pertaining to your situation(s). Examine WHAT IS CONTRIBUTING to your problem. Then you will have a place to start with, if you are so inclined.
>>
File: 1464644934260.png (296 KB, 600x468) Image search: [Google]
1464644934260.png
296 KB, 600x468
>>29112921
and in another two weeks you will be back to posting bait and cuck threads.
You cant just tell yourself to try and try forever. You're motivated, but motivation wears off.

The only way to go forever is to create discipline, but that takes at least a year to properly cultivate, and even then it can fall apart fast.

And also, your "philosophical code" is the same one everybody else has in this entire world.
You literally just said "I do what I believe is right for me and I don't do what I believe is wrong for me."
So you're just a normal human. Because that is what everybody does. Always.

Youre not gonna make it. And If you do, you will look back at this thread and think of what an Idiot you were.

Stop trying to be profound and intellectual. It will wear off very fast.
>>
>>29115123
>myeeh myeeh myeeeh life sux do watevah u want myeeeeh i smarter than u cuckxdddd
-you
>>
>>29115207
>POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP POOP POOP IM POOPY
-you
>>
>>29114879
Tbh I'm in my late 22 and I'm doing the same thing. My attitude is more that everything can be learned. My advice is to learn to read people as much... you shouldnt waste your time and sanity worrying about people who are basically ambivalent about you or worse. Also don't pay women any special mind for a while... I don't want to sound rude but most of them are boring, find some good guy friends. And then find better guy friends. And so on.
>>
>Is anyone here actually improving
Life isn't an RPG. People don't "improve".
>>
>>29115241
>*fart*
-you aka a gaylord
>>
>>29115207
Op's "philosophy" is just that though. A human, being a machine, will always do what it views as best for it. Because it also does things based upon how much it wants to do them, it does "whatever it wants".
So OP's amazing insight is "do whatever you want"
Life does not suck. Not for me at least, although if a 2 week happiness stint makes you post threads about how great you are then your life must not be going very well.
>>
It's hard. For my 21st birthday, I was invited to dance and drink at a beach party. I didn't do any of it. I sat alone for 3 hours by myself.

I have a gf.. online. But that's about it. Going to community college, but I keep botching my grades. It's a long summer, and I don't know what to do. It's hard to actually socialize for socialization sake irl.
>>
>>29115293
>GOO GOO GAA GAA IM A GAY BABY
-you
>>
>>29112921
>two younger siblings
>no parents
>no decent relatives
>i just graduated
>still have to support them alone

I don't want to improve, I have to improve. For them, I have no choice.
>>
>>29113732
No I'm saying I tried and felt no different afterwards.
>>
>>29115028
Are you focusing or just playing games? If you've taken the course, you have an obligation to do well in it. That is, if it matters to you.

>>29115020
What would happen if you were ever criticized, or even humiliated? Would you die? Would your parents disown you? Are you your parents? Have you disowned yourself?
>>
File: 1464989947994.jpg (233 KB, 816x816) Image search: [Google]
1464989947994.jpg
233 KB, 816x816
I feel so broken and haunted by my past

I try not to blame others but really it was others who brought me into this world and shattered me into a million pieces

How do even comprehend finding them again and bringing myself back together? Do I even want to, to see that crying, raging and scared little boy again? Was I ever really whole?

CONCIEVED FROM RAPE, ABUSED, NEGLECTED, TORMENTED, TORTURED, RAPED, BULLIED, HUMILIATED, ACCUSED, HATED, OSTRACIZED, DROWNED, DEHUMANIZED, ALIENATED, CRUSHED, ASSAULTED, BEATEN, ABDUCTED, THREATENED, CHOKED, CUT, STABBED, FORGOTTEN, STAGNATED, FESTERED, DESTROYED AND DEMOLISHED

I can't remember anything good, just a violent, miserable, empty and frightening whirl of sensations

I want to die what did I do to deserve this life, where are the fruit among these burnt and barren trees? Will this sun ever provide warmth instead of burning and punishing me? Will water ever soothe my dry cracked lips, or just drown me?

Every time I try I'm bitten. I want to curl up in a hole, but there's no escape from the inferno in the sky
>>
>>29112921
Not me, I don't have very much drive.
>>
>>29115446
There.. there's an ending to your suffering anon. Though your life has been terrible, you or I do not know the ending. It can turn around one day. I cannot imagine the pain you've gone through, but.. there's still hope. I promise.

God loves you. He's not absent. Have you ever thought about Him?
>>
>>29115446
then die you bitch.
You cant want to die and not die you dumb gay poop. If you want to die, you can just stop eating, or eat a phone book, or read Kant until your brain turns to ass and your ass turns into a wig made of fine horsehair
GAY POOOOO
>>
I went to a psychiatrist and started taking antidepressants.
>>
File: 1463761611327.jpg (50 KB, 500x749) Image search: [Google]
1463761611327.jpg
50 KB, 500x749
>>29115506
I do not believe in your God, my God is the earth and the sea and the wind through the trees, the air around me and stars lifetimes away, and everything between, even within me although I am no God, only a tiniest portion of nigh-infinite majesty

I revel in awe of this reality, yet I tremble in fear for I am merely an observer, only capable of watching grass dance in a breeze, clouds forming and dissipating, the sun and moon soaring overhead

People scare me, the sight of fences, streets, concrete and vehicles are all parts of this menacing being known as humanity, a party I was not invited to

I don't belong to either world, I wasn't even meant to live in the first place, I was forced into existence through greed and hatefulness
>>
I'm stuck in the spiral.

I don't think there is anything wrong with me besides mental health. If I look at myself from the third person I think I have what it takes to be successful and liked.

I am just too obsessed with self hate and I can't stop it.
>>
I'm the opposite, I am working on hiding my power level to the max I can but it seems to come out in everyday conversation with me.

I am trying to re-enter normie life after being a hermit since I was about 17, (22 now)
>>
>>29115506
People still believe in God on this site?
>>
>>29115665
>>29115446
Your god is your own smugness about how cool you think you are.
Youre a shitstain on my underwear after I run a 10k and fart while hauling ass up a hill, but I fart repeatedly and a poop slips out.
You keep on talking about the wild. The wild is fucking evil. Civilization lets shitpoops like you stay alive and be smug, and the wild would kill you in under a week.
I guess that would make the wild good, but It tried to kill me a lot too, and fuck ticks man, those things are direct from satan.
ROOOO
>>
>>29115123
Failure doesn't concern me. Effort does. Been at both for longer than two weeks.

>>29115274
Practically, habits can be improved. And habits affect other things, like physical fitness and how you carry yourself around/with people.

>>29115446
Opinion:
Kill yourself or redeem yourself. Either way, it'll be difficult and you'll require courage.
>>
>>29115731
Oh ive been trying and failing my whole life.
But what im really concerned with is your smugness
>>
>>29115713
> all that projection

Holy cuck, this is gold. Im not him but wow i sure hope this is bait. I don't know how the FUCK you got smugness out of somebody who's so filled with self hatred they've reached the point of depersonalization, and then you continue to brag about your superior capabilities.

hahahaha pick up a fucking book haha like wtf hahahahah

> tfw normies so wrapped up in their ego they think anything we do matters, that civilization is anything more different than an ant colony, that the concept of concepts is a concept within itself that does not exist anywhere but the human mind, which incessantly reassure itself it is the greatest thing in the universe
>>
I feel like anyone that actually cared about improving themselves would start by never visiting /r9k/ ever again
>>
>>29115854
I just typed up this big thing but then I accidentally hit backspace when I was trying to hit enter and my mouse flipped up and highlighted everything so then I hit D and I was left with a blank page with a D on it.
Well, im depesonalized now. I no longer exist. Whatever shall I do?
Better go on an imageboard and complain about how I no longer exist becuase thats the trendy thing to do apparently. Besides, whats hating yourself worth if you cant get pity directed at you from others.
Simply put, you are an attention whore, and a rather annoying one. You show all the symptoms (complaining, trying to get pity and then saying you dont want it and that you are depersonalized though if you were you would be jherkin in the corner having the time of your life with drool streaming down you rather than getting pity on here, saying you enjoy and feel in touch with nature when you have clearly never been outside of the extreme influence of humanity, and telling me to pick up a book when I know reading is for nerds.)

But I did pick up a book. Its called Snakes: Sliter and Hiss. Its pretty heavy so tell me what to do with it quick.
Also, I have bad news.
You may be a woman
>>
>>29116010
> talking purely out of one's arse: the post
>>
>>29116091
No when my arse talks it sound more like
http://vocaroo.com/i/s05r1x0CnPOj
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.