[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'd heard of /r9k/ before and I decided to drop by and see
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
File: crestfallen.jpg (61 KB, 420x462) Image search: [Google]
crestfallen.jpg
61 KB, 420x462
I'd heard of /r9k/ before and I decided to drop by and see what it's like. I know the question "so, what are you doing tonight?" might seem painfully needless here but I don't know how else to start.

So... what are you doing tonight? I just got back from skipping rocks at the dam, by myself, as usual.
>>
I'm going to take a shit then shower
>>
listening to this bored as hell. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n96InrwfFg8
>>
weed, movies, shitposting. that's every night t bh
>>
Been listening to this literal masterpiece on repeat for like 3 hours now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVAiJjCXNpA
>>
watching chinese cartoons like every other night
>>
>>29112515
My internet crapped out in the middle of an Overwatch session with some buddies of mine, in bed now mobileposting like a fucking faggot.

A girl I know needs an editor/cinematographer for a Youtube channel she's making, so I told her I might lend a hand. She's cute, might try and pull some shit with that.
>>
>>29112515
Study tonight and then watch a little bit of anime before bed.
I'm not sure what I'm going to watch though. I want to recreate that feeling when I first found anime, where I was excited all the way through. Like Samurai Flamenco, that was a great show.

I fucking hate exams, I wish they'd be over with already. No matter how much I study I don't feel like I'll ever be ready.
>>
>>29112656
Well, hey, best of luck with that.
>>
>>29112674
Still in High School? Or are you in a different system?
>>
Can't sleep.
Shitposting to keep my mind from wandering to darker places.
>>
>>29112651

What show? And do you ever feel like doing anything else?
>>
Listening to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6xvuQRxBhQ

Studying

Feeling extremely frustrated with everything
>>
>>29112591

Sounds very soulfull, how'd you find this song?
>>
>>29112813

Have you tried light exercise to wear yourself out?
>>
>>29112770
Nah, university, doing a bachelor degree in economics.
To get there though, you have to do other shit like management. I hate management.
>>
>>29112846

Hey, thats a pretty neat song. Why do you feel frustrated with things?
>>
>>29112867
Yeah but that usually just gives me an energy boost for a few hours.
Shitposting gets exhausting a lot faster in my personal experience.
>>
>>29112849
GY!BE is my favorite band

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8kgu6rf0Ek

I was listening to Mogwai and GY!BE was on 'similar artists' in lastfm, I'm always trying to find new things to listen to and they were like a revelation to me
>>
>>29112912

Huh, guess everyone's different, works for me. Then again. I've never actively shitposted so I wouldn't know.
>>
>>29112932

I'm not too good at discovering new things, I fall into a routine and stick to it, I don't think I've strayed from what I listen to for the past ten years.
>>
>>29112932
didn't realize that was not the full song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQcE4_7-X78
>>
>>29112903

Testing was over for me weeks ago, I'm so glad about that. Management sucks dick, I'll agree with that
>>
>>29112905
I'm frustrated with my inability to fix my current flaws despite being able to pinpoint them quite accurately, I'm frustrated with the people around me because I'm quite proficient at picking up on the flaws of an individual and so the people around me just disgust me, I'm frustrated with myself for being an overly critical prick, and I'm frustrated with life because I'm an extremely lonely person.
>>
>>29113033
I'm the opposite 2bh, the only thing that keeps me alive atm is consuming art, so I use shit like lastfm and letterboxd because you get good suggestions based on your taste
>>
>>29113060
Management is the most normalfag subject. I don't mind its existence, but I hate being forced into it. Are you in America?
>>
>>29112515
Contemplating all of my poor decisions and failures over the last five years today.
>>
>>29113074

Well, I can't speak on the pointing flaws in other people, but when it comes to fixing your own, what size are the steps you're taking? Do you try to fix it all at once or spread it out and try to go for small goals?
>>
>>29113101

You must listen to a whole lot of music then. The only thing remotely similar for me is illustrations, I keep collecting wallpapers and things.
>>
>>29113119

Define America.

Management deals with too many humans at once, I get socially exhausted too fast with it.
>>
>>29113122

Why not contemplate the wise decisions and successes? I'm more than certain there's more than a few.
>>
>>29113207
America being the USA.
It seems like all of them finish exams before us down here in New Zealand.

Do you work in management? Or did you just do courses in it?
>>
>>29113254

I worked in management for a summer, I hated it. And I'm in Mexico.
>>
File: emmadrinking.jpg (45 KB, 657x526) Image search: [Google]
emmadrinking.jpg
45 KB, 657x526
>>29113350
How's Mexico?
I don't ever want to work management. Got any horror stories?
>>
>>29113614

It's hot as Hell, political climate is awful, and thankfully I don't, just a general memory of miasma and tiredness
>>
>>29112591
Nice taste anon, very underrated GY!BE album, next to Asunder
>>
>>29113707
Good luck mexibro. You're welcome here anytime.
>>
>>29113771

There's a hundred inspirational speeches and pictures and memes about how life has its ups and downs and I'm sure you've heard all of them so I'll just skip that part. Right now, I want to point something out, and that's that your life seemed to snowball out of control slowly. The thing is, snowballs are so effective because they're slow, they're manageable, and they yield great results. Feel free to disregard my advice, I tend to give it freely and usually when it's not asked for, but snowball back into control. Start with the little things, the gradual things, and keep stacking them up until it gets you there. You have a college degree, there's jobs that will give you preference because of that and even if it's in a one-step-above-entry level job, they'll give you preference because of that. There's so much more hope for you yet, don't give in just now. You're young, your life can turn around beyond measure.
>>
>>29113843

Thanks, man, I'm already studying in the US, but I want to live and work there eventually.
>>
>>29114029
Thanks anon. Normally I would call you a retarded normie but today I was feeling down and I actually appreciate someone taking the time to give me advice.
>>
>>29114126

Honestly, I can see why you'd call me a normie, but most of the time I just think I'm a high-functioning robot.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.